Personnel action forms play significant roles especially in managing a people-oriented business. When we say people-oriented business, it basically means that the company spends much time in interacting with people. Examples for this are call center companies, department retail or grocery stores and all other businesses that require interaction with their customers or clients. But in order to get good customer feedback from random people, the management should see to it that their workforce are being properly taken care of.
Employee Personnel Action Form
Personnel Information Action Form
Sample Personnel Action Form
To some companies, employees are actually their greatest asset, because there will be no progress if there are no people working for it. The performance of the business company would depend on the performance review of its people. This is, if the business is basing on the percentage of productivity in their daily management. But, in order for them to be on top among the business industries, proper management of not just the business, but also their people is the only way to be on top.
Personnel action forms should not be taken for granted, because they are used as the bases of the employee’s profile. They are also a great help in monitoring each and every one of them.
Blank Personnel Action Form
Data Personnel Action Form
Personnel Action Request in PDF
The Process of Personnel Action Forms
Personnel action forms are secured from the human resource office, and the authorized people who are to process these are the HR staffs or managers. Other forms, such as employee clearance forms are processed and submitted by employees to the authorized people in order for these to be signed. The signatures serve as an approval that the employee is cleared from any liability.
Personnel action forms are also used to update the employment status or the employees’ information. There are different types of actions in which the HR manager can select depending on the situations.
Below are the following types of personnel actions:
This action is made when the person’s job application form for a certain job position has been accepted by the company that he or she has applied for.
This is made when the employee decides to resign or separate from the company.
This action is made when there’s an information needing to be changed or updated in the employee’s personal information.
This is when the company has finally decided to terminate the employee from the company due to various reasons.
This action is made when the management decides to accept the application form of a person who had worked for the company before.
This action is taken for various of reasons, but whatever it is, it is not something that employees should be worried about.
These actions need time to be finalized. Authorized personnel need to conduct meetings in order to clinch the situation. The action must be justified enough before it is taken, since it would be unjust and biased for employees.
General Personnel Action Form
Request and Approval of Personnel Action Form
Staff Personnel Action Form
The Uses of Personnel Action Forms
Here are the following uses of personnel action forms:
- To track each employee’s personnel file
- To have a record of the actions made for each employee
- To serve as the basis for future references
These forms are used as bases when there are certain circumstances being encountered. For example, an employee has filed a complaint form about his salary for the first fifteen days of the month, because there is an unreasonable deduction from his pay. As the human resource manager refers to the personnel file of the employee, it turns out that he did not file a leave request for two days of being absent. But, he insisted that he did. The HR then calls a meeting with the employee’s supervisor in order to verify the issue and ask for the attendance of his people. In order to be fair, the HR manager also conducts a meeting with the employee to hear what he has to say regarding the matter. At the end of the discussion, it is found out that the employee did file a request form for leave, but it was not submitted to the HR manager. It turns out that the employee had it signed to his supervisor but the supervisor forgot all about it due to the projects that were needed to be accomplished within the week. The people who are at fault in this given situation are the three of them.
The reason why the employee is at fault is because of the following:
- He thought that the form process ends when the supervisor has the leave request form.
- He depended on what his supervisor said that he permits him to leave for two days.
- He could have made it sure that his request for leave is verified by the HR manager.
Even if the supervisor permitted his leave, he should be the one to finish the form process by submitting it back to the HR office, because it is his responsibility, and it is the HR manager’s decision that matters.
For the supervisor’s point of view, he is at fault for the following reasons:
- He should have made it sure that the form was submitted to the HR manager even if he has lots of things in hand because apparently, monitoring his people is part of his job.
- He should have listed all the things that he needed to do in order not to forget them.
- He does not have the authority to make decisions that he is not supposed to make, such as permitting the employee to leave even before it was processed by the HR manager.
Indeed, those projects or tasks given to him are important, but he should also know how to administrate each in order to have a better way of managing and controlling things around him.
For the human resource manager:
- He should have followed up the person regarding the form after it was asked from the office
All of the people involved in the situation must be aware of the procedures regarding the filing of different kinds of action forms used in the company. Everyone should be oriented with the policies, rules, and regulations in order to practice the protocol used in the company.
Personnel Action Form for Changes
Request for Personnel Action Form
Personnel Action Change Form
This form provided above shows different information that are subject to change. The person to fill out the form is given tick boxes of what are needed to be updated and opposite of each are provided spaces to fill in the current and the new information. At the top of the form, the date of when the form is filled out and when the changes are expected to take effect should also be included, because the effective date is used as the basis of when the actions are valid.
In the form, there are two areas where change is applied: the personal data and the position information. Under personal information, the data that are most likely to be changed are the following:
- The personal address, phone numbers, etc.
- The benefits, coverage or contributions
- Oher information that needs to be specified
Under the position area, here are the following information that are open for some changes:
- The work location
- The compensation coding
- The employee’s title or promotion
- The change in compensation
- The change of supervisor
- The employment termination
- Other information that needs to be specified
There’s also a space provided for the additional details of the changes made, if there are any. The current or old superseded information must be indicated, and next to it should be the new revised information. Below these additional information, the approval section wherein the names and signatures of the authorized people should be situated together with the dates of when each has signed the form. This is to verify and approve all alterations regarding the employee’s personnel file.
At the bottom of the personnel action change form are the information that are needed to be changed by the business offices. Each field have its respective authoritative personnel who are in charge of modifying the changes. Their names and the date of when they have completed such revisions are indicated.
New Hire Personnel Action Form
Re-hire Personnel Action Form
Personnel Action Form Template
The form above is often used for newly hired or re-hired employees. The information that are needed to fill out focuses on the job information such as:
- The employee information; name, ID, and the employee type
- The supervisor’s information such as employee ID, name and position title
- The position information such as the number, the type and the title
- The department information
- The building location
- The schedule information
- The hourly rate or bi-weekly salary basis
- The annual salary of the employee
- The funding detailed information
- Comments and contingencies (if there are any)
- The approval signatures from authorized personnel
- The date when each personnel has approved the changes made
- The information of the person who prepared the action change form
Some companies require the current or employment history of their newly hired employees for them to have a background verification regarding the employee’s performance at his or her previous job.
Personnel Separation Action Form
Employee Termination Personnel Action Form
Employment separation is one of the types of actions that are made in a personnel action form. The form above is mainly focused on the separation that is made by the HR staff or manager regarding the employment status of an employee. The information found in the form are the necessary details in order to complete it. This type of action is made for three main possible reasons: involuntary, layoff and voluntary.
The information that are needed for the completion of the form are the following:
The effective date when the action is approved or granted
The employee information such as:
- The Employee ID
- The Complete Name
- The Employee Type (whether regular, temporary, etc.)
- The Permanent and Local Address (city, state, zip code, country)
- Contact Information, etc.
The position and department information:
- The Position or Job Title
- Department Name
- Division or Assignment
Involuntary which could be either of the following:
- Job abandonment
- Job protection expired
- Ineligible to work
- Contract agreement expiration or the limited appointment has ended
Layoff/s which means unemployment and could be the result from either of the following:
- Expiration of grant fund
Voluntary in which the submission of documents is part of the requirements to voluntarily separate from the company. An example is a resignation letter. Kinds of voluntary separation are the following:
- Acceptance of other employment application
- Returned to school (if employee is a former student)
- Retirement (when the employee reaches the age limit for employment)
The account information:
- The department ID
- The projects or grants
- The percentage of each projects
- The overall total of percentage from all projects
- The final compensation for specific hours
- The additional remarks or comments
The approval information such as the signatures and date signed by the department head, and other authorized personnel
Personnel Absence Action Form
Personnel Leave Action Form
Human Resource Personnel Action Form
Filing a leave of absence is a formal way to be excused from work for a valid reason. This type of personnel action is granted to all employees as provided by the law. There are two types of leaves: one is leave with pay, and the other is without. The leave with pay is granted to those regular employees who have been working at the company for a couple of months, years, or depending on the condition of the company or as stated in the law.
If you would refer to the form given above, there are different fields where information needed for certain type of actions are positioned. But at this point, we will be discussing the leave of absence portion.
Here below are the basic information often found in the leave of absence form:
- The employee information such as the full name, current home address, contact information, employee type whether full-time or part-time), social security number, etc.
- The employee’s department information such as the department number, name, and head
- The type of leave (each will be explained below)
- The reason why leave request form is filed
- The last date worked
- The return date to work
- The department approval which contains signatures of the department head or managers, and date of when they signed the form
- The administrative action or the human resource approval with signatures and date signed
- Remarks or comments (if there are any)
- The effective date when the decision regarding form is finalized
Part Time Personnel Action Form
Supplemental Pay Personnel Action Form
HR Personnel Action Request Form
Different Types of Leave – Personnel Action
The following types of leave are the common ones that are often filed by most employees:
This is granted to those employees on their account of sickness or disabilities, or any member of their family. Upon returning after five days or more, a medical certificate should be secured and presented to the human resource office.
This is granted to employees for their personal reasons. There are instructions that will be given to each employees in order to better understand what are the conditions of filing this type of action.
This is granted to every woman who is at her pregnancy period.
Parental Leave (for Solo Parent)
This is granted to the person who is either a single mother or a single father, who has the sole responsibility of a child or children.
This is granted to those working students who are preparing for their bar or board exams in order to complete their master’s degree.
Special Emergency Leave
This is granted to those employees who have suffered from natural disasters or calamities such as typhoon, earthquake, floods or fire.
This is a type of leave which is granted to the employee who suffered an injury while working at the company. The duration of this leave actually depends on the advise of the medical personnel as stated in the medical certificate to be provided.
Notification of Personnel Action Form
Standard Personnel Action Form
College Personnel Action Form
Guidelines in Creating Personnel Action Forms
Here are some guidelines in creating a personnel action form:
- Make sure to specify the title at the top part of the form; depending on where you want it to be located, as long as it is clear enough.
- Do not forget to include the logo of company or the organization with the name beside it, for the people to see if the form is legal.
- You could make use of table to organize and layer the information accordingly. This also helps the person fill out the information to where it should be.
- Make use of symbols to mark required information. You could either use an asterisk symbol, or make the font bold to emphasize it. You could also change the font color into red.
- Use open and close parentheses () for some few instructions that you want people to be reminded of. Font size for these could be changed into smaller size or just enough to be seen.
- If the person to fill out the form needs to choose multiple choices, you could make use of check or tick boxes.
- Make sure that enough spaces are provided for the answers or information that corresponds to what is asked for.
- It is better that the form neither looks too crowded, nor spacious. You have to utilize the spaces just as what other forms look like. Some information are placed in two columns and are divided by tables or blocks.
- You could also shade the entire block of the questions in order to make it easier for people to locate where they should write their information.
- Make sure that you create the form in a formal way. You do not need it to have lots of font colors and font types. Remember that this kind of form is used in businesses, and it needs to be as formal as possible. Have at least two font colors to emphasize some important information or instructions.
- Use font types legible enough for the people to read the texts in the form.
- Use questions that are straight to the point. In other words.
Position and Personnel Action Form
HR Personnel Action Form
General Personnel Action Form
Tips in Filing Out the Form
Here are few tips to fill out a personnel action form:
- Make sure that information are correct and complete when filling out the form.
- Fill out all fields, especially those required such as the effective date, reasons and all other data.
- Do not leave a blank if the instructions for filling out the form say so. It is important that you follow the instructions carefully in order to avoid wrong input of data.
- If you have any questions or clarifications, do not hesitate to ask. It is better that you know what form you are filling out about.
- Request for the head to explain what the form is all about before you fill it out. In this way, you will be sure of what you are writing.
- Make sure that you have all the right information first before you start filling out the form.
- Signatures must be affixed after the form is filled out with the information needed.
- Use concise words in providing the information.
- Make sure that your handwriting is legible and understandable to avoid misinterpretation.
- Do not take the form for granted since this contains information that will be saved in the personnel file.
These are just few of the tips that you can refer to. You may also refer to personnel action forms in PDF to have more insights and better understanding about these kinds of action form. Take time to browse over these downloadable and editable forms in order to find what is suitable for your business needs.
7 Incident Action Forms Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Disciplinary Action Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Preventive Action Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Administrative Action Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
7 Preventive Action Forms – Free Downloadable Samples
9+ Sample Employee Action Forms - Free Sample, Example, Format
10+ Types of Action Forms for Making Plans and Setting Goals ...
9+ Sample Affirmative Action Forms - Free Sample, Example, Format
Corrective Action Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Student Action Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Action Report Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Action Forms in Doc - 20+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Action Forms in PDF - 24+ Free Documents in PDF
6+ Adverse Action Forms - Free Sample, Example, Format Download
Sample Course Action Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF