When you run a business, you have to expect that you will be encountering different kinds of circumstances. These could either be the result from the challenges that your business is facing today, or the result from improper management of your workforce. Either of the two, these dilemmas would definitely give you a hard time in administering your business form operations. Thus, resulting to the following biggest challenges that businesses encounter nowadays:
- Financial Instability
- Uncertainty about the business’ progress and direction
- Performance appraisal poor monitoring
- Business requirements non-compliance
- Competencies and recruitment plans result to hire the wrong people to work for the company
- Lack of equipment or technologies
- Security breach or missing confidential files
- Poor customer or client services
- Business reputation at risk
- Adjustments from swift changes cannot be handled
These are just few of what you would be facing when you lack long-term company vision and failed to establish the business’ mission, goals, and objectives. Facing these dilemmas are actually normal when managing a business. But the only way to get through all these is to have a systematized business process and operations. One thing that could help are the action forms that will be explained further as you go on this article.
Property Action Forms
Property Maintenance Action Form
Request for Property Action Form
What are Action Forms?
Action forms are used in order to help you document and compile all the actions that are made for your business and your people. These forms can also be used as your references whenever you face the same situations in the succeeding years. The pertained situations are those circumstances that cannot be stopped, yet they could be avoided. Here is an example below in order for you to have a better understanding of what is pertained:
The situations that cannot be stopped are basically those business challenges listed above. As you can see there are several in the list, but we will be picking one to discuss moreover. Say, adjustments from swift changes that cannot be handled. We are living in a world where there is nothing constant except change. In other words, everything changes and there is no way that it can be stopped. But if you know how to go smoothly with it, embrace them, and do not take it negatively, then you and your company will be able to make it. But if in any cases he company fails, never stop trying to get back up again. Instead, create corrective action procedures in order to counteract the mistakes that were made.
Another example is when the business reputation is at risk. This is most likely to happen due to various of reasons. And one of which is the adjustments due to the changes, as explained. Indeed, the company’s reputation is at risk when the company fails to cope up with the challenged that are encountered. Another reason that could result to this is when there are no more coordination or integration with regards to proper management of people.
Employee Action Forms
Employee Corrective Action Form
Blank Employee Action Form
The Importance of Action Forms
Action forms are used for various of reasons, and here below are the importance or purposes of using these kinds of forms.
The forms are also used in order to develop the communication between the management and the people. With the use of these, each side is given the chance to be heard. An example is the incident action form in which the person accused of doing some unethical act is given the privilege to speak up for himself.
Connection: Bridging the Gap
The forms also serve as bridges in order to build a connection among the people in the company. Thus, building teamwork when there are circumstances that are faced. Processing the action forms involve various of meetings between different teams wherein everyone involve are given the chance to give their suggestions and ideas in coming up with the solutions. An example of which is a preventive action form.
Action forms are also used for managing the workforce by making the appropriate type of actions that each deserve. A great example for this is a personnel action form which is compiled with the employees’ profile during or even after their employment. The reason for keeping these files even when the employees have resigned or got terminated, is because they are given the chance to work in the company for the second time, depending on the management decisions.
Company’s and Employees’ Welfare
These action forms are mandatory to be filed and filled out since these are not just used for the company’s welfare, but also for the employees. Every one in the company should know how important these forms are. These are actually confidential files which are secured for future references when there are some clarifications regarding the specific type of action forms.
Better Management of Business Operations
When everything is handled accordingly, then the management of business operations will definitely run smoothly. And when everything else, such as proper personnel action management and communication development is achieved, there will be less inconvenience and struggles that the business company will be facing.
The Step by Step Process of Action Forms
Here is a scenario for better understanding of how these action forms are processed. An incident took place in the company when the employee was accused of the confidential data breach. Technically, he is assigned to secure these files in the server room where everyone else is not permitted to go inside except him. The company has generated authoritarian rules for the server room among all the offices and the different departments.
And violating these rules will cause to some decision that everybody in the company will definitely not like. Now, it is found out that files of the company costing for a huge amount is breached due to the employee’s negligence. It is said according to the complaint investigation, that the incident was an inside job which means the person responsible for the data breach is an employee of the company. In this case, an incident action form is filled out in order to better have the exact details of what has occurred.
The following are the basic steps of how action forms are processed when there are different situations same as what was encountered in the scenario above.
- An incident action form is filled out for the investigation.
- A series of investigation follows in order to have clear views regarding the issue.
- Each person is called for few interviews.
- All findings or information from the investigations and interviews are gathered and collected for review.
- The result regarding the incident is concluded.
Different kinds of action forms are secured from the authorised personnel either the supervisor or team lead, or the human resource manager.Incident Action Forms.
Incident Action Forms
Accident or Incident Action Form
Incident Investigation Action Form
These forms above are used when there are accidents or incidents that had taken place. These are in order to have better investigation of what caused such circumstances. If you would refer to the forms above, the necessary information that are essential are the following:
- The victim or the person who was or were in danger.
- The exact setting of the incident including the date, time, and place of where it occurred.
- The type of the incident, whether it is an accident, a near miss, and/or when first aid is necessary.
- The witnesses or the people who were involved in the incident scene.
- The witness statements and facts gathered from the people who were interviewed.
- The analysis of the incident according to the investigations that were conducted. This
- The incident report information such as the person who reported, the date and time of when.
These action forms for incidents are not just used for investigation, but also to formulate actions in order to avoid the same occurrence of what happened. These also help the investigators come up with solutions to correct and prevent these incidents from happening.
For incidents which caused some allergies, the following should be indicated in the form:
- The victim’s information.
- The information regarding the past medication of the victim in order to know if he or she is allergic to something
- The symptoms or body reactions of the victim after the incident
- The medication that was taken in order to treat the allergies of the victim
- The full name, relationship to the victim, and the contact numbers of the people to be reached when there are emergencies
- The signature of the healthcare personnel, and the date signed
- The parent’s or the guardian’s signature
With all these incident action forms, the immediate actions during the incidents should be indicated in order to see if these were effective. If not, then better actions are developed to solved the matter promptly.
Administrative Action Forms
Notice of Administrative Action Form
Personnel & Administrative Action Form
With regards to the forms above, these are used when there are such actions that only administrations are permitted to make. If you would refer to the given forms, one is the notification of pending personnel administrative action, and the other is a personnel and administrative action form.
Administrative actions includes the following:
- Discharge or dismissal from the association or membership due to separation, requirements non-compliance, and/or loss of contract.
- Transfer to other department due to physical ineligibility.
- Other administrative action that needs to be specified, and for what reason this is made.
The essential information that are needed for fill up are the following:
- The name of the person to whom administrative action is administered.
- The employment information such as job position or title, department, supervisor, and date of hired
- The type of administrative action that needs to be taken
- The reason or supporting statements for why such action is made
- The signature of the administration representative, and the date of when the action form is signed
- The signature of the person as an affirmation that he or she is aware of why such action is needed
- The date of when the form is processed
These administrative actions are made when the personnel’s attitude or behavior, both personal and organizational, can no longer be tolerated by the company or the organization. But before this form for administrative action is finalized, there are some few process that are needed to be undergone. The decision will not be taken into action unless there are enough evidences or employee statements for support regarding the personnel Action negligence at his work. An example for this is the personnel’s insubordination or defiance of authority. The manager cannot just file an administrative action of dismissal without giving the person series of warnings, as stated in the code of ethics and conduct document.
Course Action Forms
Course and Program Action Form
General Education Course Action Form
Course Action Request Form
New Course Action Form
Course action forms are used for various of reasons such as:
- When there are new course proposals to be added in the curriculum of education.
- If there is a need to change an information regarding the course/s
- When the course needs to be removed, deactivated, or deleted for some reasons
In the form, the necessary details are specified in order to justify the purpose of why such course/s is/are needed to be added or changed. Here are further information that are needed for fill out in completing the course action forms:
- The course information such as the course number, description, number of units or credits, title, prerequisites, co-requisites, number of hours, other.
- The semester or date of when the changes will take effect
- The department where the course belongs
- The assigned instructor/s for handling the respective course/s
- The changes that are needed to be applied
- The justification for action or the reason why such course information is/are changed or proposed
- Additional information such as the course evaluation that led to the request for action
- The approval or confirmation for the course modification, includes the signatures of the authorized people and the date of when they have signed
- The name of the person who requested or prepared the action form for course/s.
- The date of when this course action form is filed or processed
HR Action Form
HR Payroll Action Form
Human Resource Admin Action Form
Request for Salary Action Form
HR Employee Action Form
For the payroll action forms, the basic information that are necessary to be filled out in the form are the following:
The basic information such as:
- The date of when the form is filled out and submitted.
- The person who processed the form
The employee information such as the first, middle, and last names
The employment information such as:Tthe job title or position
- The employee and position number.
- The department or division.
- The employee class.
The initial or the change pay information such as:
- The pay change action.
- The reason why change is necessary.
- The salary or base pay
- The funding end date
- Whether annual or hourly
- The index numbers
- The account numbers
- The percentage
The payment account type whether it is a resident instruction, restricted, and/or auxiliary
The leave of absence information such as:
- The type of leave
- The percentage of base
- The effective date
- The end date
The approval information which includes the following:
- The additional remarks or comments.
- The signatures of the department heads or managers.
- The date of when they have signed the form.
The effective date of when the action will take effect
These forms are often used when there are changes regarding the pay of the employee for possible reasons such as the employee was promoted, newly hired, re-hired, on leave, demoted, transferred, retired, voluntarily and involuntarily terminated, re-evaluated of current job, had a merit increase and/or had an information changed. The person authorized to process this form is the human resource staff or manager.
Personnel Action Forms
New Hire Personnel Action Form
The form above is specifically used for a newly hired or rehired employee. The form contains basic information that are essential in order to complete the job application process. Such information are the following:
The newly hired applicant’s information such as:
- The full name
- The current and permanent address
- The contact information (email address, mobile or landline numbers)
The employment information such as:
- The position or job title
- The employment period (that start date and the end date of the employment contract)
- The department assignment or working station/location
- The name of the supervisor to whom the new applicant will be reporting to
The salary or pay information such as:
- The account information
- The compensation or benefits information
- The hourly rate, annual pay, or semi-monthly rate
The approvals from authorized people such as:
- Their individual names
- Affixed signatures
- Date of when the form was signed
Separation Personnel Action Form
This form above is commonly used for those employees who are separated from the company. Possible reasons why this kind of form is filed and submitted are because:
- The employee decides to resign from the company and find better opportunities
- The employee is retired since he or she reaches the age limit to leave employment
- The employee can no longer comply the requirements that are required or needed
- The employee is needed to be transferred out of the department since he or she is not physically eligible for certain type of work
These are just some of the following reasons why employees are separated from the company. Further information that are required upon completing this form are as follows:
- The employee’s information
- The current position, whether paid or unpaid
- The department/s of where the employee was assigned
- The new mailing address (if there are any)
- The specified date of when the employee last worked
- The additional comments or exceptions (if there are any)
- The approval signatures and the dates signed
- Attached documents if there are any
Just like any other forms, this personnel action for employment separation form is submitted and processed by the human resource office only when all necessary information are provided.
Personnel Action Notice Form
The form above is a notice for personnel action. It contains different types of actions but now, we will refer to the personnel action of employment termination. There are various of reasons why there is a need to terminate an employee. One most common is that the employee, perhaps, committed an immoral act or is being insubordinate by not obeying the company’s protocol or organizational rules. Referring to the form above, the essential information in order to complete the process of terminating an employee are the following:
- The employee’s information
- The employment information
- The type of termination
- The reason why termination is necessary
- The question answerable by yes or no, whether the employee is eligible for rehire
- The last day worked
- The pay through
- The comments or explanations.
- The approval information from the authorised personnel such as the signature and date
Disciplinary Action Forms
Student Disciplinary Action Form
Employee Disciplinary Action Form
Progressive Disciplinary Action Form
Disciplinary actions, from the word itself are made in order to discipline each and every one in the company or the organisation. These actions are not supposedly taken negatively since these are made for the welfare not just of the company, but also to the people around it. For every disciplinary action, it corresponds to a particular type of warning, depending on the type of violation committed. Furthermore, the information that are necessarily needed are the following:
- The date of when the form is filed
- The employee’s name and position
- The department and the head or supervisor
- The type of violation/s
- The type of warning/s given
- The employer’s statement
- The employee’s statement
- The warning decision.
- The approval’s information such as the name, position or title, and the date of when the form is signed
- The previous warning given to the employee (if there are any)
- The employee’s signature as the affirmation that he or she has read the warning decisions, and has fully understand what are the consequences form each violations made
For filling out this form, there should be a copy for the employee, the human resource department, and the supervisor. Some companies would actually give a notice of violation for employees so they will be aware of what type of violation they have made.
Corrective and Preventive Action Forms
Corrective / Preventive Action Request
Coaching and Corrective Action Form
Corrective and Preventive Action Form
Customer Action Request Form
Allergy Action Form
General Action Form
Employment Action Form
Corrective and preventive actions are mandatory for every companies. The reason for this is because these actions are made in order to promote safety and security to everybody in the office or in any organizations. These are helpful whenever there are different circumstances that the company is facing. Examples for such circumstances are as follows:
- Natural disasters or calamities such as fire from short circuits or electricity breakdown
- Equipment or machine failure which causes distraction to the company
- The high risk from the identified threats or hazards
These are just few of the different circumstances that are most likely encountered by most of the companies or industries. Some of these may not be prevented (just like the natural disasters), but these can be avoided. One way to identify the problems or dilemmas that might cause the distractions in the company is the use of risk assessment forms. And with the help of corrective action forms, the maintenance team will be able to provide solutions to correct their mistakes, faults or errors. And with the use of preventive action forms, the company will have less risk percentage of encountering the same circumstance again. But in case that the same occurrence happens, the maintenance team will be prepared.
Summing it all up, action forms are used when you do decision making. These forms help you make the right decisions to settle different situations encountered in your business and your people. They also serve as standards on what appropriate actions should be accomplished for certain situations in your business. Without action forms, the system in your company would be chaotic, since there is the absence of protocols and procedures on how to run things. Actions forms also set impartiality and clarity for both the employees and the employer; that no one is above the rules that are mandated in a certain organization, unifying everyone in the company under one goal which is to make all business ventures successful. With the use of these action forms, all resolutions or conclusions are justified, making you have a better way of managing your business processes and operations.
FREE 9+ Personnel Action Form Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 10+ Sample Action Plan Forms in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 11+ Sample Action Request Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Personnel Action Forms in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 10+ Sample Affirmative Action Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Personnel Action Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word
Types of Action Forms for Making Plans and Setting Goals [ With 10+ Samples ]
FREE 7+ Sample Goal Action Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Payroll Action Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Course Action Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Emergency Action Plan Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Employee Corrective Action Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Customer Service Action Forms in PDF | MS Word
Affirmative Action Policies [ What is ]
Corrective Action Procedures [ What is ]