Meeting new individuals and achieving better security as well as convenience are some of the benefits that college students living in dorms obtain during their tenancy or stay on the campus. However, before a student will be able to have an assigned room in a dormitory, he must submit and comply the requirements of the institution such as his student application and a signed housing contract form.
Housing Contract Form Sample
What is a Housing Contract Form?
Housing contract forms are created for colleges and universities. This document is intended to be used by students who want to rent a room or place within the area of the university’s dormitories or premises. With the aid of the contract, the university personnel who is responsible for assigning room numbers to students will be able to document and determine if the dorms and the houses are already full as well as if there are vacancies for new students.
Examples of Housing Contract Forms
Housing contract forms can come in different varieties that depend on what the main intention of the document is and when it is needed by the university for their tenants. Below are some of the common examples of housing contract forms that can serve as a guide for those who will be offering rooms for their students next semester:
1. Housing Contract Guardian Signature Form – Although most students in colleges and universities are no longer in the minority age, it is still essential to inform their parents or a legal guardian about the terms and conditions of any contract that they will be signing. In the case of housing contracts, a housing contract guardian signature form must be completed and submitted by the student that must indicate the signatures of his parent or guardian.
The intention of having this form is to assure that the guardians of the student know their responsibilities when it comes to providing the payments for keeping the tenancy of the student as well as other fees related to the student’s stay in the campus. The authorized officer who will be collecting the document must then indicate the date of when the form was received in the office and when the data on the form has been recorded by the staff for documentation purposes. You may also see sample business contract forms.
Housing Contract Guardian Signature Form
2. Housing Contract Termination Form – Generally, a housing contract termination form is to be used by students who will be leaving their dormitories due to specific reasons such as studying abroad or due to a medical health condition. In the form, the student needs to disclose his personal information including his name, address, classification, and contact information. Then, the student will have to mark a checkbox that indicates his leave reasons and the additional documentation he needs to comply such as a marriage license certificate form if he chooses a marital reason or brochures of another educational institution if his reason is associated with moving to another school.
A termination fee table is also stated on the form that allows the student to determine the amount that he will be paying to begin processing his contract termination depending on the day on which the document was sent and received by the office of the university. Other details stated in the contract includes the student’s budget plan if the reason of the leave is due to financial concerns and an acknowledgment section to be signed by the student in order to complete the document. You may also see sales contract forms.
Housing Contract Termination Form
3. Housing Contract Termination Appeal Form – Compared to a simple termination form, this variety of a housing contract document is only to be used by tenants who want to request for an appeal or a decision coming from the authorities of the university regarding their need to terminate the contract. The housing contract termination appeal form contains the basic details of the student tenant, followed by an appeal of charges options, which is a list of circumstances acceptable for terminating a contract, and a signature block for the student to affix his signature along with the date on which he signed the form. You may also see rent contract form samples.
Once the student completes the contract, he must submit the form and allow the authorized personnel of the university to review the claims of the student and investigate in order to validate the data and the reasons of the student’s interest in heading to a contract termination. The final decisions of the authorized committee are sent through a notice form addressed to the student wherein an indication of whether the appeal was up for a reduction or reversal of charges in the event of a denied request.
Housing Contract Termination Appeal Form
4. Housing Contract Cancellation Request Form – This type of housing contract is quite similar to the aforementioned housing contract termination appeal form; however, the difference is that it does not involve too many details or description of the student of why he needs to leave the campus. The form primarily has two main sections namely the general information section and the acknowledgment of fees section. The general information section collects the name of the student, his room number and addresses, the term that he is enrolled in, his reasons of leaving campus, and a student questionnaire that determines the plans of the student regarding his educational status and housing assignment.
On the other hand, the acknowledgment of fees section is allotted to have the signature of the student and an agreement towards paying the cancellation fees and the remaining balance of his housing tenancy in the dormitory. Additional areas of the form include an office-use section which will be for distinguishing if a move out inspection has been conducted to the room of the student and if the student’s dining or meal plans have been already suspended or not. Once approved, the office staff will sign the housing contract cancellation request and record the vacancy for the university to be informed.
Housing Contract Cancellation Request Form
What to Include in a Simple Housing Contract Form
Although there are different varieties of housing contract forms, it is significant to know the basics and the important sections to be included in this type of contract. Nonetheless, for the university staff who will be making a simple housing contract form, the following must be indicated as part of the document:
- Foodservice Clauses – Since convenience is one of the objectives of offering dormitories to students, food service must be made available and within the reach of the tenants. With this, the contract must state what type of meal plan has been chosen and has been paid by the tenant for the duration of his tenancy in the campus. Indications of whether the plan can be shared with other tenants and parties should also be on the contract in order to assure that the tenant will be informed about his meal responsibilities and limitations. You may also see sample rent contract forms.
- Guest Policies – This policy section will state the number of guests allowed by each tenant in a room as well as the specific hour of visitation.
- Check-in and out Obligations – Keeping the premises safe from anyone who is not a member or a tenant in the dormitory is the topmost priority of any university. This is why checking in and out of the premises must be recorded regularly by means of informing the students of where they can deposit the key if they will be heading outside the campus. In addition to this, the check-in obligations of the students must also include their good moral conducts in maintaining a healthy environment as an etiquette to other tenants and visitors. You may also see sample rental contract forms.
- Deposits and Payments – Just like any other lease agreements, a housing contract must state the amount to be deposited by the tenant for him to obtain an assigned room in the dormitory. The deposit and payment clauses must describe and enlist the fees to be provided by the tenant such as the meal payments and the janitorial services.
- Contract Assignment – An assignment in a contract indicates to whom the terms, conditions, and the policies in the contract form are addressed to, which is the student tenant. The contract assignment is significant for laying out the rules and the choices which are provided to the student if his roommate leaves the campus. The choices include whether he will open his doors for a new roommate, will request for a new location or room assignment, or if he prefers to pay for the remaining space in the room for him to have the vacant area all for himself during the semester.
Housing Contract Release Form
Tips You Can Follow While Signing Housing Contract Forms
When signing housing contracts, a student and his legal guardian must read the contract completely and understand the terms written on it. Once signed, a duplicate must be requested to ensure that all the parties involved in the contract will be able to have a copy of their signed agreement and a guide in events that they will be needing a reference for pursuing an action and a decision associated with the student’s tenancy. You may also see house rental contract forms.
Although new tenants are less likely to acknowledge contract terminations, it is important to keep in mind that providing a 30-day notice to move out to the authorized personnel of the university is a must when deciding to leave the campus. The notice form should then be accompanied by other documents that are required for completing a termination.
FREE 5+ Subordination Agreement Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Trust Agreement Contract Forms in PDF
FREE 7+ Non-Disclosure Agreement Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Medical Release Agreement Contract Forms in PDF
FREE 3+ Limited Partnership Agreement Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Merger Agreement Contract Forms in PDF
FREE 5+ Mutual Release Agreement Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 6+ Pledge Agreement Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Medicaid Agreement Contract Forms in PDF
FREE 5+ Office Lease Agreement Contract Forms in PDF
FREE 5+ Indemnity Agreement Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Joint Venture Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Limited Liability Agreement Contract Forms in PDF
FREE 8+ Non-Competition Agreement Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Consulting Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word