With the availability of different property offers in today’s generation, a prospective tenant must be able to determine what he needs as well as what type of property he will be leasing. If the tenant aims to lease a residential property for his family and his relatives, then he must ask the landlord or the property owner for a residential lease agreement contract form before deciding to move in and live in the leased property.
Residential Lease Agreement Contract Form
What Is a Residential Lease Agreement Contract Form?
A residential lease agreement contract form is a document that is used primarily for renting out properties not intended for commercial and business-related purposes. This form is often provided by housing agencies who offer house rentals to families and clients seeking a place to live in for a specific period of time. This lease contract must be signed by the tenant and the landlord along with a broker or agent who helped in advertising the property in order to obtain a prospective tenant.
Residential Ground Lease Agreement Contract Form
Examples of Residential Lease Agreement Contract Forms
Residential lease agreement contract forms come in different varieties to meet the needs of the landlord and the agency or organization who is helping him through the leasing process. Below are the common examples of residential lease agreement contract form varieties:
1. Residential Ground Lease Agreement Contract Form – Most lease agreements restrict a tenant or a renter to conduct a construction and build a structure within the premises of the landlord’s property. However, with a residential ground lease agreement contract form, the landlord grants permit to the tenant that will allow the tenant to build a property, but once the tenant will terminate and end the contract, the property will be owned by the landlord. The basic information of the lease agreement is stated as the first part of the contract which includes the date of when the agreement was created, the details of the landlord, the tenant, and the loan provider whom the tenant requested for financial aid, the termination and renewal dates of the contract, as well as the charges and payments that the tenant is required to provide.
In the succeeding parts of the contract, the landlord highlights the information regarding the contract’s termination along with the obligations of the tenant which will be mandated for the duration of the residential lease. Additionally, details about the community laws, rules, and regulations that the tenant must obey are also stated in the contract and these are to be followed at the beginning of the tenant’s construction period. Accompanying the contract is an enclosed checklist sheet that serves as a guide for determining the inclusions of the lease and to whom the bills for the utilities will be addressed to. You may also see sample business agreement forms.
Residential House Lease Agreement Contract Form in DOC
2. Residential House Lease Agreement Contract Form – This is the most common variety of residential lease agreement contract form that focuses on renting out a house or a home to a tenant. The form identifies the tenants and describes the house to be rented along with the rental period. The tenant’s move-in and lease end dates are also specified in the contract with the payments and the charges. If a security deposit is required by the landlord, a statement that will explain the importance of providing the deposit fee must be included as well as the rights of the tenant to obtain his deposit once his lease contract is terminated on the termination date.
Residential Lease for Single Family Agreement Contract Form
3. Residential Lease for Single Family Agreement Contract Form – This form has similar sections to the aforementioned residential house lease agreement contract; however, the difference is that it indicates the limitation for the lease on the heading which serves as a notice to the tenant that the lease will expire after a year. The landlord and the tenant’s contact information are both disclosed in the contract to ensure that both of them and the legal attorney who will also be signing the lease will be able to reach out and call the parties involved whenever there are concerns and contract addenda.
A payment summary section is incorporated in the contract that allows the landlord to state what the payment option of the tenant was such as through installment basis or in full amount including the taxes associated with the rent. Fees and penalties regarding specific situations and incidents such as the tenant’s failure to pay on time and violating any of the contract’s other provisions must also be enlisted on the contract.
Another significant section in a residential lease a for single family house agreement contract form is a landlord statement or a landlord disclosure section. This is essential for informing the tenant about the hazards and harmful elements that are found on the property to be leased out. The landlord must affix his initial or signature on each blank provided beside the items listed as probable hazards. The tenant must also indicate his initials on the lessee’s acknowledgment section below the disclosure to indicate that he was informed and has received the relative documents for preventing and avoiding hazards in the house that he will be renting.
Residential Property Lease Only Agreement Contract Form
4. Residential Property Lease Only Agreement Contract Form – Compared to all the listed and defined residential lease agreement contract forms, this document is not intended to be used by any tenant but only by the property owner and a property broker or agent. This form is created and provided by the brokerage company who will advertise the owner’s property and find a tenant suitable to rent and live on the premises throughout a specified lease period. The form contains a list of the property owner’s duties and responsibilities ranging from the obligation to pay the broker’s defense expenses, the tenant application screening procedure, and even in authorizing the broker’s agency to assign other brokers to take over the property owner’s service requests if the current broker is incapacitated.
Residential Property Lease Agreement Contract Form Sample
Residential Lease Agreement Contract Form Essentials
Although there are different forms and varieties of residential lease agreement contracts, the key essentials for this type of document must be retained or be included in the form regardless of its variety:
- Property description – This element in the contract form will identify what property will be leased to a tenant. The description must have the dimensions of the residential property along with its location, the utilities allowed to be used by the tenant, and the actual market price of the property if the other party of the contract is a broker whose assigned to present the property to the brokerage agency’s clients. You may also see loan agreement templates.
- Rent due amount – The amount that the tenant will be paying for being a lessee in the property will be indicated in this section. Additionally, the tenant must also be informed about the date of when his rent or lease payments will come to a due to assure that the tenant will know his monthly or annual responsibilities in order to continue residing at the landlord’s property. You may also see share subscription agreement forms.
- The term of the contract – This key element focuses on identifying when the contract’s execution will be, whether a day or a month after the negotiation and contract finalization. With this section, the landlord or the property owner will be able to chart in and schedule the day of when he will be expecting the tenant to visit the property as well as when the tenant’s things and materials will be sent before the tenant will reside in the landlord’s property. The dates when property assessments and inspections will be conducted can also be included as part of this section and the lease’s timeline.
- Broker’s commissions and attorney fees – Even if a residential lease will take place without the guidance and help of a property broker, an attorney must still be called out by the property owner in order to secure that the contract and all other related rental and lease forms will be legally executed. This is why a residential lease agreement contract form must have a broker’s commission and attorney’s fees section. This is where the parties will be able to know who will be responsible for paying the services of the broker and the attorney. On the other hand, a property owner can also indicate the percentage that he and the tenant will need to provide rather than shouldering all the payments to one party only.
- Certificate of accuracy – This section can either be incorporated into the contract with all other clauses and statements or have it separated yet still enclose it with the contract for emphasis. The purpose of an accuracy certificate form or a certificate of accuracy statement is to indicate and imply that both parties have provided accurate and factual information for the completion of the lease. This is significant for determining if a party will be penalized due to acting on false claims and even disclosing false identities. You may also see contingency fee agreement forms.
Standard Residential Lease Agreement Contract Form
Creating any lease contract is easier with the guidance of a legal counselor as well as a lawyer who knows every bit of detail regarding what must be the layout and the inclusions of a specific document. Nevertheless, the aforementioned information should also be noted by a property owner and a tenant for them to have an effective and functional residential lease agreement contract.
FREE 8+ Sample Car Sale Contracts in PDF | MS Word
FREE 32+ Emergency Contact Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 52+ Sample Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 42+ Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 8+ Service Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 8+ Contract Cancellation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Rent Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Event Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Catering Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Installment Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Installment Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Contract Assignment Forms in PDF | Word
FREE 7+ Contract Assignment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Loan Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Loan Contract Forms in PDF | MS Word