A Sublease Contract is a rental agreement between an original tenant or lessee and a subtenant or sub-lessee. If the tenant is no longer able to meet the terms of the lease agreement, he may find someone else to sublease it, provided the landlord allows it. One example is when the tenant would need to move out for a while because he is going to attend college in another state. The subtenant is going to have the same lease agreement terms as the original tenant. Sublease Contract Forms can be used for residential and commercial properties, and vehicles, but tenants of a commercial property must speak with a lawyer to draft a Sublease Contract, because of the higher value of a commercial property.
Apartment Sublease Contract Form
Sublease Agreement Contract
Sublease Contract Form
Car Sublease Contract
Things to Consider before Drafting a Sublease Contract
- First and foremost, you must determine if you are allowed to sublease your apartment. You should ask permission from your landlord. Without the consent of your landlord, he can evict your subtenant, and go as far as filing a lawsuit against you and your subtenant.
- You should also collect information on your subtenant’s reliability which you can then present to your landlord so that he can feel at ease. Examples are a copy of his credit report and recommendation letters from previous landlords.
- Although the apartment will be subleased, always keep in mind that you are still the one responsible for it. The terms you agreed to when you signed your lease agreement are going to be the same terms your subtenant has to abide to. You may also see our Printable Lease Agreement Form samples to get an idea of what a Lease Agreement looks like.
- You can also considering collecting a security deposit from your subtenant if your state allows it. This will protect you because you will be liable for any violations of the terms of your lease agreement that will forfeit your security deposit.
- You should also determine how the rent is going to be paid, and how much your subtenant will be paying. In most cases, the rent your subtenant will pay is lesser than the actual rent of the apartment, and you will have to pay for the difference. This should be the case if you are only subleasing a portion of your apartment, such as a room.
Standard Sublease Contract
Sublease Office Space Contract
Vehicle Sublease Contract
Residential Sublease Contract
Information to Be Included in a Sublease Contract
- Name of the parties, being you and your subtenant, and the date of the contract
- Full address of the property to be subleased
- Term of the Sublease, which is the start date and the end date of the sublease
- Schedule of rental payments and the amount your subtenant will have to pay
- Security deposit your subtenant must pay, if applicable
- Signatures of both parties
Once the Sublease Contract has been completed and signed by both the original tenant and the subtenant, you must produce three copies: one each for both parties, and one for the landlord. This will help you keep things in check in case of a dispute. You may also see our Sublease Agreement Forms for more samples.
Sample Maintenance Contract Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Equipment Contract Forms - 7+ Free Documents in PDF
Land Contract Forms
Sample Sponsor Contract Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Cleaning Contract Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Financial Contract Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Subcontractor Contract Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Installment Contract Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Rental Contract Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Sample Renters Contract Forms
Sample Behavioral Contract Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Sample Real Estate Sales Contract Forms
Sample Car Sale Contract Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Daycare Contract Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Catering Contract Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...