Proper management of businesses is also defined by how people are handled. The company’s success depends on how business operations are administered together with its workforce. One way to make sure that everything is running smoothly is to have proper communication among the people from different departments and work stations. Communication is the best way to fill in the gap between the employer and the employees; making everybody united as one. But the question is, how?
Administering the workforce is definitely a tough job. There should be a fair fulfillment of the business needs and the employees’ needs in an unbiased way. Personnel action forms are used as bridges to connect the company with its workforce.
Basic Personnel Action Form
Professional Expert Personnel Action Form
HR Personnel Action Form
Personnel Action Change Form
Instructional Staff Action Request Form
The Importance of Personnel Action Forms
With the use of these forms, the communication between the employees and the employers is improved and developed. These are also used as a tool to bridge the gap between them. These forms even help the management to have proper control of their employees in terms of making better decisions and giving importance to their manpower. Nevertheless, these forms are not only beneficial to people, but also to the company since the main objective of having these forms filled out is to create a two-way understanding with less hassle of handling people. When the objective is fulfilled, better management of business operations follows. There are different kinds of personnel action forms used for different situations. The person in charge of these forms should have the knowledge of how to process these. As you go further, you will understand how these forms work by browsing over these ones provided for you in this article.
Personnel Action Form of Employee
Personnel Change Action Form
Blank Personnel Action Form
Personnel & Administrative Action Form
Department Chair Personnel Action Form
Recommendation for Personnel Action Form
The form above is often used for teachers who are employed in a university. This is the basis of his or her position and employment status. The information needed to complete the form are as follows:
The Date when the form is filled out or processed.
- The full name starting with the surname followed by the first name then the middle initial of the employee
- The exact current address including the number, street, city, state and the zip code
- The contact information such as the telephone or mobile number
- The social security number
- The department information such as the department name, title, position number, budget number and the classified service status
- The pay rate and payment basis (per how many hours, days, or month)
- Reappointment (whether certificate of continuous employment, certificate of continual administrative service, permanency and tenure)
- Revision of previous action (this should be explained)
- Leave of absence (the type of leave request and the terms should be in detail)
- Promotion or reclassification (the former title should be specified)
- Change of title (the former title should be written)
- Special increment (the former rate should be indicated)
- Transfer from where to what department or station
- Separation (whether it is an expiration of appointment, retirement, resignation or termination)
The date of when the action will be effective should be for the employee or staff to be aware.
Remarks, comments, or additional information regarding the actions made
Approvals from the authorized personnel, such as:
- The department chairperson director
- The dean
- The vice president or the provost
- The budget person in charge
- The human resources director
- The president
Their signatures should be affixed in the form together with the dates of when they have signed the form for approval.
As you can see in the upper right corner, there is a box which gives the filler of the form four options (fall semester, winter session, spring semester and summer session) regarding what semester or session are the actions apply.
Classified/Management Personnel Action Form
If you would refer to the form above, you will see various types of actions that can be made. Unlike other forms which are specifically about a certain type of an action, this form has five with sub types. The necessary information to be provided in filling out this form are the following:
- The full name of the employee (last, first, and middle initial)
- The start and end date of the contract or employment period
- The type of action (will be discussed below)
- Remarks or additional information
- Approval information such as signatures from the authorized personnel and the date when they have signed the form
The Types of Actions
This action is made when the applicant is newly hired at the company and has never worked for it before.
This action is when the applicant has worked for the same company before and is eligible to get hired again. The last month or year worked at the company should be indicated.
This is when the employee decides to look for new opportunities and end his or her employment at the company for some reasons. A resignation letter should be submitted by the resigning employee to the human resource.
This action is done when the employee is about to reach the normal age limit for leaving employment.
This action is made when the employee should no longer work at the company due to perpetrating immoral acts.
This is when the employee has been working temporarily at the company and has been dismissed due to the expiration of contract.
Contract of employment ends when the employee dies.
Release during probation
This action is done when the employee has not yet completed his or her probationary contract but was dismissed due to various possible reasons.
For Change of Status:
Change in hours/months
This action is done when there are changes in the employee’s working hours or schedule.
This action is made when there is either an increase, or decrease of the employee’s pay rate.
This is when the employee is transferred to different work station or department for some reason.
This is when the employee has proved him or herself that he or she can do better performance with the job or task given.
This is when the employee still needs to improve his or her performance regarding the job given to him or her.
Leave of Absence
Of course employees are given the privilege to file a leave request as long as the type of leave is specified together with the term.
This is made when the employee continues his or her employment period even after the employment contract expires; thus making him or her regular in the company.
This action is made when there are changes in the shifting schedule.
When the type of action has been identified, all the necessary information are specified in details. Such information include the former or current, and the new information.
Job Information Personnel Action Form
If you would refer to the form above, the information that are needed for filling out the form are the following:
The date when the form is filled out
The employee’s name
The action requested:
The additional information needed to specify this type of action are the last day worked, the date to pay through, and the employment termination reason code.
Employment Status Change
Upon choosing this type of action, the status that are subject to change is classified as either full-time/part-time, exempt/non-exempt and salaried/hourly.
Job Information Change
This information is regarding the title or position, the assigned supervisor, the department or working station and the campus.
Part-time Pay Increase
The previous and the new hourly rate should be stated in order to see the difference of how much is added. Comments are also necessary if there are any.
Leave of Absence
For this type of action, the last day worked and the return to work dates should be indicated as the basis of the type of leave filed by the employee. The type of leave is either for vacation, sickness, personal, family and medical leave act.
The date when the action is effective should be noted.
The approval information from the following people:
- The supervisor
- The dean
- The vice president
- The human resources
- The vice president of business and finance
- The president
The signatures of each should be affixed beside their positions together with the date.
Research Personnel Action Form
There are companies which are strict when it comes to hiring their people. The reason is not just because the company have high standards, but they need to be extra careful in choosing the right people to work for them. There are such cases where companies’ confidential files were hacked or were dispersed due to the employees’ negligence or contraventions. Every time this happens, the company loses a big amount from their businesses, and their progress lowers down due to the security breach of confidential data. In order to to avoid these kinds of circumstances, the business management becomes severe in recruiting more people to entrust with the future of the company.
The form above is an example of a personnel action form wherein a long process is needed in order for the applicant to be engaged in the business company. There are requirements that are needed to be submitted and to be undergone such as a criminal background check, a verification of degrees or licenses, a relevant experience and many others. Not all companies require the same documents or requirements. It actually depends on the protocol or system practiced by the company. But, it is most likely important that companies do the same in order to make sure that their businesses are safe from thieves, fraudsters and hackers.
Here are the basic information that are necessary in the form:
The full name of the applicant
The employment information such as the current and proposed:
- Position or title
- Monthly salary
- Percentage of effort
The source of funding should also be included
The requirements needed are:
- The hiring certificate
- The selective service form
- The criminal background check
- The bachelor’s degree
- The verification of degrees and licenses
- The relevant experience
The departmental representative information:
- His or her printed name
- The date signed
This is to certify that the applicant has undergone all the requirements that are listed above.
The approval requirements from the people who are authorized.
- The printed name of each
- The signatures
- The date of when each have signed the action form
Standard Personnel Action Form
The form above is an example of an action form used when there are changes regarding the employees’ job information. An example is when the employee has been promoted to a higher position. The information that are necessarily changed regarding the employee’s information are:
- The position number
- The position or job title
- The department name
- The supervisor’s name, ID and title
- The standard reporting duty hours
- The hourly rate and the annual salary
- The position type of the employee (whether regular, temporary, under probation or part-time)
- The employee type (whether an exempt, non-exempt staff or hourly)
- The funding information
The current information should be written together with the new or proposed information in order to see that changes have been made regarding the employment status. Another reason for this is because documenting these personnel actions made with employees are mandatory to be filed as a basis in the near future. Once all information are already in the form, it should be reviewed to see if there are more fields that are left blank. All fields are ensured that it is filled out because with one missing information, the process cannot be done. When all information are indicated, the signatures are affixed by the authorized personnel together with the date.
Personnel Action Form – Status Change
Referring to the form above, this type of personnel action form is used when there are changes in the employment status of the employee; just like when the employee is transferred to the other department, or he or she go promoted in his or her job.
The following information needed to be filled out are:
- The employee information: the employee number, the full name, the position or title, the department, the supervisor
- The reason for action: whether the employee is newly hired, re-hired, for promotion, wants employment separation, has a step increase or assigned to additional class
- The type of appointment:regular full time, temporary, part time or seasonal
- The current information: the employee’s job position or classification, job class, pay rate, budget code and other special pay if there are any. Opposite to these is the new information.
- The remarks or specified reason for action
- The approval section from the directors and managers
When the form is complete, it should be submitted to the human resource office to be processed; only if, the approval requirements are secured such as signatures from the authorized personnel. The effective date of personnel action is also secured and a copy of this document file.
Personnel Information Action Form
FSU Personnel Action Form
The form above is an example of action form which is made when there are some salary adjustments or changes in the employee’s employment status.
Request Form for Personnel Action
Personnel Action Request Form
Personnel Action Workload Form
Creating Personnel Action Forms
Here are some tips in creating personnel action forms to have better management with regards to your people in the company.
- The title of the form should be specified on top in order to easily identify and understand what the form is about.
- Make sure that all information that are necessary to complete the process of the form are included in the form.
- Use concise and straight to the point information; too much words is not necessary.
- Provide ample spaces for each information to be written.
- Emphasize fields that are required by using different symbols such as an asterisk, or have it underlined, italicized, or bold.
- You could make use of tables or forms in order to ensure the alignment of the information.
- You could also make use of the small boxes when there are multiple items that the filler of the form should make.
- Make sure to follow a proper format in creating the form, such as the spacing, the font styles (size, color, type), the margins and the alignment.
- Do not make the form look too spacious nor too crowded.
These are just few examples of personnel action forms. You could also refer to personnel action form templates for more details regarding these forms. Moreover, you can still refer to these provided forms for your business convenience.
Personnel Action Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Sample Disciplinary Action Forms - Free Sample, Example , Format
Sample Goal Action Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
6+ Adverse Action Forms - Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Types of Action Forms for Making Plans and Setting Goals ...
Sample Action Form - 15+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
9+ Sample Employee Action Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Action Forms in Doc - 20+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7 Incident Action Forms Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
5+ Goal Action Forms – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples
Sample Disciplinary Action Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Preventive Action Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
9+ Sample Employee Action Forms - Free Sample, Example, Format
9+ Sample Affirmative Action Forms - Free Sample, Example, Format
Corrective Action Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF