Construction standards are established by government agencies and industry companies such as the Contractors State License Board (CSLB) to ensure that contractors are legally operating in the State to produce quality projects. Failure to meet the standards will result in dealing with penalties and consequences. Contractors are required to deliver complete details and information to their clients, including their guarantees and warranties, as part of their role in the project. These pieces of information can be documented in a contractor warranty form wherein the limitations, rules, and inclusions of the warranty will be discussed to be known and agreed upon by the involved parties.
What Is a Contractor Warranty Form?
A contractor warranty form is a type of document which is primarily used by contractors and subcontractors to state and inform their clients about the details of their service and product warranties. The form will also include the negotiations and agreements finalized by the involved parties in lieu of their project.
List of Free Contractor Warranty Forms
Contractor Limited Warranty Agreement Form
Contractor Limited Warranty Form
Contractor Warranty Form Template
General Contractor Guaranty Warranty Form
Subcontractor Guarantee and Warranty Form
Subcontractor Warranty Form
Types of Free Contractor Warranty Forms
Below are some of the descriptions and comparisons of each of the varying types of free contractor warranty forms:
1. Contractor Limited Warranty Agreement Form: This is the type of form that contractors must use if limiting the warranty claims of their clients is their objective. Specifically, a contractor’s limited warranty agreement form contains ten sections where the first section serves to document the name of the contractor, the owner, and the address of the project. This is then followed by a warranty claim notice statement as the second section of the form. In the third section, the description of the coverage included in the limited warranty will be indicated while the fourth section states the term of the warranty, and the fifth section specifies the transferability of the warranty. On the other hand, the sixth section of the form defines the warranties for the varying items are provided by the contractor to the client. The last four sections of the form will document the methods of obtaining the warranty services, the remedies, the items not covered in the warranty, and the signatures of the involved parties to complete the agreement.
2. Contractor Limited Warranty Form: The difference between this form to the aforementioned agreement form is that it discusses additional subjects including the consequential damages that the contractor will not be catering with his warranty and the arbitration process that the contractor prefers when issues and conflicts arise. In addition, this form will also include a list of quality standards along with the possible deficiencies and the responsibilities of the contractor as part of the warranty that he provides to his client.
3. General Contractor Guaranty Warranty Form: A general contractor is the one who provides all the necessary items, tools, supplies, labor, and equipment for a construction project. Prior to providing the items, a general contractor guaranty warranty form should first be created and signed by the contractor himself. It must be notarized by a notary public. The number and name of the project are what the information comprises in this type of form which is then followed by the date when the warranty was used, the name of the general contractor, and contractor’s institution or the name of the company that he is representing in.
The following contents of the form will state the day when the warranty will be executed, the names of both the contractor and the client or the project owner, the agreed terms and conditions, the acknowledgments of the contractor, and the signature of the contractor as an attestation to the claims indicated in the form.
4. Subcontractor Guarantee and Warranty Form: Compared to the other form types, this document utilizes fillable columns and rows for collecting specific data and information about the guarantee and warranty of a subcontractor to his client. The form has four parts to be filled out by the user. Place the general information of the company such as the name of the contractor, address, and license information of the subcontractor as the first parts of the content. The second part, on the other hand, collects the information and the scope description of the project, the third part specifies the details of the warranty, and the last part contains the signature block for the name and signature of the user of the warranty form.
5. Subcontractor Warranty Form: This is the simplest type of warranty form, which is comprised of a single page. The layout of this form is identical to a formal letter. However, instead of a return address for the heading, the project name and location will be stated along with the name of the project owner. This information will then be followed by the body where the details of the warranty will be presented. And in the last part of the form, the signature of the sender or the contractor will have to be affixed with his name and title, and the date when he completed the form.
How to Use Our Free Contractor Warranty Forms Effectively
Our contractor warranty forms are free, downloadable, and printable. The first step to effectively and easily use our forms is to gather the preferences and requirements of the contractor or construction company where the form will be used, including the preferred file size and layout. After finalizing the choices, the form which meets most of the requirements and preferences should be chosen and downloaded by clicking on the download button beside the sample image of the form or template. Once downloaded, the form should be extracted from its compressed folder or ZIP file for it to be used. Customizing the form will be the next step, which is then followed by either printing out the form or post it online for electronic use.
FREE 40+ Interview Forms in MS Word | PDF | Excel
10+ Free Rhode Island (RI) Power of Attorney Form Download – How to Create Guide, Tips
FREE 20+ Sample Affidavit Forms in MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Letters of Recommendation For Employment in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Guarantor Forms in PDF | MS Word
10+ Free Oregon (OR) Power of Attorney Form Download – How to Create Guide, Tips
FREE 27+ Requisition Forms in Excel
10+ Free Oklahoma (OK) Power of Attorney Form Download – How to Create Guide, Tips
FREE 14+ Sample Interview Assessment Forms in PDF | Word | XLS
FREE 23+ Sample Appraisal Forms in MS Word
FREE 26+ Printable Training Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 29+ Parent Feedback Forms in PDF | Ms Word | Excel
FREE 18+ Sample Student Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
10+ Free Ohio (OH) Power of Attorney Form Download – How to Create Guide, Tips
10+ Free North Dakota (ND) Power of Attorney Form Download – How to Create Guide, Tips