Planning a single construction project is not an easy task, much more when there are changes to incorporate in the already finalized plans. To suggest the changes and determine its appropriateness or necessity, a construction change order form must be used and submitted to the contractor as well as to the rest of the authorities involved in the project.
Construction Change Order Form Sample
What Is a Construction Change Order Form?
A construction change order form is a document which is used to inform the parties of a construction project about the changes and updates to be proposed and mandated. This type of document can also be used for pursuing contract addendums in the previously signed contract of the involved parties, such as the contractor, owner, and the supplier of the construction materials and equipment.
Varieties of Construction Change Order Forms
Construction change order forms can vary depending on the main objective of the user and his intentions in using the form. Below are some of the known construction change order form varieties which can be used as a guide for the parties in a construction project to know what type of document they will be needing to use to supply information for a particular change procedure:
Construction Change Document Checklist Form – This variety of construction change order form is appropriate to be used by an individual who wants to have a list of the different documents that he must be able to obtain to process a change request. In the form, the construction contract registration number and the change order numbers are both required to be stated. Then, the user of the form must mark the type of change to be executed whether it is a no-cost change order, as well as if the changes are due to the orders of the construction clients and sponsors.
The middle content or the body of the form is composed of four columns wherein the first one is allotted for indicating the number of the original documents needed for the change order request. On the other hand, the second column of the form will state the number of duplicate copies of the original documents that the user must comply and submit. The third column of the form is intended for the title or the name of the document to be submitted, while the last column of the form is the required method of submission.
Construction Change Order Document Checklist Form
Construction Contract Change Order Form – The only individuals who are allowed to use this variety of change order form are the architects and the engineers of a construction project. The first portion of the form will identify the user and the other involved parties along with the basics of the change order such as the name of the project, its change order number, and the user’s job number. A statement regarding the accepted change proposal is also indicated in the form which is followed by a table composed of rows and columns to collect the details of the proposed changes. To complete the table, the user must disclose the code request number of the change order, the description of the change, the construction contract payments, and decrement and increment of the fees to be provided by the listed parties involved. Additionally, the date of when a proceed notice form will be sent to the parties to execute the changes is also indicated as well as the period or length of days for mandating the contract’s changes.
Moreover, a statement which centers on the owner-contractor agreement contract’s provision is also essential to be incorporated in the form along with a signature block section for gathering the signatures of the individuals or parties who agreed for the changes to be executed such as the architect, contractor, and the engineer of the project.
Construction Manager Contract Change Order Form
Contractor Change Order Request Summary Form – Changes in a construction plan often results in an adjustment in the financial allocations regardless of its change type especially when the changes deal with the supplies and the workforce of the construction site. This is the reason why summarizing the changes or the change request is important. For this, a contractor change order request summary form can be used by the construction contractor or the individual who is the initiator of the change. The form contains three sections which should be completed by the user. The first section centers on the project and change descriptions along with the name of the contractor. The second section of the form is where the summarization of the costs are enlisted ranging from the additive costs up to the deductive costs. Then, the third section or the last section of the form is intended for the signatures of the contractor to indicate that he fully certifies that all of the details and disclosed information, or costs, listed in the form are correct and accurate to his knowledge and belief as the contractor of the construction project.
Contractor Change Order Request Summary Form
Design Construction Change Order Request Form – Compared to the aforementioned forms, this document is only appropriate to be used by companies and organizations who are conducting a construction project. The project’s title will be stated in the form along with its order number, the date of when the project change is proposed, the name of the document preparer, and the preparer’s contact information. The location of when the design or construction change will be executed is also essential to be disclosed in the request form as well as the change’s descriptions.
The cost estimation for the changes should also be described in the form along with its corresponding tax amounts or payments per item. If the change request is better created with the details of the cost development plans, then the preparer of the form must mark the box designated after the description of estimated costs tables. Additionally, the signatures of the company’s authorized personnel and staff who are assigned to accept or decline requests are necessary to be included in the form to indicate their decisions regarding the change order request. To complete the form, their contact numbers must also be stated with their specified job categories in the company.
Design Construction Change Order Request Form
How to Create a Simple Construction Change Order Form
Creating a simple construction change order form is easy especially if the preparer of the document is knowledgeable about the change order procedure of a company or an organization. To create the form, the steps below must be followed:
- Firstly, choose a format and prepare a blank document sheet. When making the form, the preparer must first decide what format he will consider using for the form. Available formats which are commonly used are the word document file format, portable document file format, and a spreadsheet format. A form in word document file format or in a text-based format allows the preparer to easily make fields and add entry areas to make the form. However, not only is the preparer privileged for the easy manipulation advantage of this format but also the target user who can also edit and change the fields. Although this is beneficial for users who want to incorporate more contents in the form, it is a disadvantage for companies who prefer to obtain uniform entries from their requestors if the user or the requestors have changed the form’s layout and required sections. Nonetheless, this can be avoided once the document is converted into a portable document file format. In this type of format, the company or the preparer will be able to secure and encrypt the fields to limit the access of the user.
On the other hand, a form in a spreadsheet format will also be useful for companies especially when it comes to computing the costs of a change rather than implying mere estimations. By using the spreadsheet format, the preparer can incorporate formulas to allow the user in immediately achieving a computation while he is using the form.
- Second, indicate a field for the basic data of the construction company. The company’s or the contractor’s and owner’s basic or general information should be the first content to be catered in the form. This section must collect their names along with their addresses and phone numbers.
- Third, allocate an area for the details of the document or the form. This section should be able to gather the identification information or assigned categories and numbers of the change order form ranging from the document number up to the order number.
- Then, make a table for the change information. This should be where the details of the changes are enlisted and specified including its estimations and costs.
- Lastly, add a signature block. Along with the signatures of the authorized parties, the date of when the form was completed must also be catered in the last section of the form.
Regardless of the contents and sections mentioned in the aforementioned steps, it is important that the preparer seeks the guidance of the involved parties and the regulations of the State for creating legal and appropriate documents in relation to construction projects.
8+ Sample Construction Bid Forms
10+ Sample Construction Agreement Forms
10+ Hunting Lease Agreement Forms – PDF
8+ Wire Transfer Instruction Forms – PDF
3+ Parking Space Rental and Lease Agreement Forms – PDF
5+ Tenant Background Check Forms – PDF
15+ Reimbursement Forms – PDF, DOC
5+ Location Release Forms – PDF, DOC
11+ Lease Addendum Forms – PDF, DOC
6+ Apartment Rental Application Forms – PDF
8+ Client Survey Forms – PDF
13+ Generic T-Shirt Order Forms – PDF, DOC
5+ Rental History Forms – PDF
3+ HR Employee Concern Forms – PDF
9+ Safety Meeting Forms – PDF, DOC