Have you ever felt that itch in your guts to buy a certain merch from your favorite music artists? That certain excitement of ordering both digital and physical copies of their upcoming album? How about the fear of seeing the banner “Sold Out” or “Out of Stock” on their official stores when you are about to buy the album? When you are a fan, you will understand these situations very well. That is why most avid fans of certain artists would make sure to place orders before the goodies are officially released.
In the music industry, you will be surprised how huge the rates are for pre-ordered albums in all platforms. Companies of these artists are making sure to secure an organized pre-order process to help fans relieve that itch of getting their hands with the latest album of their artists. That is why documents like pre-order and order forms are useful in the preparation of a successful transaction process. Reading through this article, you will understand more of how useful and how fulfilling for fans and companies having pre-orders.
FREE 51+ Pre Order Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
Pre-order forms are not solely useful for ordering music-related items—it extends to games, devices, and other business products. To help you explore and get a glimpse of a pre-order form, here are a list of downloadable sample pre-order forms you can use as references.
1. Commercial Pre Order Form
2. Cookie Pre Order Form
3. Lunch Pre Order Form
4. Beverage Pre Order Form
5. T-shirt Pre Order Form
6. Drinks Pre Order Form
7. Pre Order Form Sample in PDF
8. Final T-Shirt Pre Order Form
9. Supply Pre Order Form
10. Sample Lunch Pre Order Form
11. Christmas Menu Pre Order Form
12. Registration List Pre Order Form
13. Exchange Pre Order Form
14. DVD Pre Order Form
15. Hotel Pre Order Form Sample
16. Bakery Pre Order Form
17. Christmas Day Pre Order Form
18. Event Beverage Pre Order Form
19. Room Pre Order Form
20. Event Pre Order Form Sample
21. Vehicle Pre Order Form
22. Pre Order Form in PDF
23. School Logo Pre Order Form
24. Restaurant Pre Order Form
25. Sample T Shirt Pre Order Form
26. Christmas Booking Pre Order Form
27. Biscuits Pre Order Form
28. Book Pre Order Form Sample
29. Fundraiser Pre Order Form
30. Pre Order Form Example
31. Plate Pre Order Form
32. Salon Holiday Pre Order Form
33. Feed Pre Order Form
34. Festive Menu Pre Order Form
35. Uniform Pre Order Form
36. Pizza Pre Order Form
37. Technology Pre Order Form
38. Christmas Festive Pre Order Form
39. Christmas Dinner Pre Order Form
40. Membership Directory Pre Order Form
41. Menu Pre Order Form
42. Refreshment Pre Order Form
43. Gift Box Pre Order Form
44. New Year Eve Pre Order Form
45. Scratch Card Pre Order Form
46. Pre Order Form for Book Reception
47. Sample Room Pre Order Form
48. Christmas Party Pre Order Form
49. Christmas Pre Order Form
50. Ice Cream Pre Order Form
51. Food Pre Order Form
52. Email Pre Order Form
53. Standard Pre Order Form
What Is a Pre Order Form?
A pre-order form is a printed or digital document that customers need to fill out when they want to purchase a product in advance. The document appears like a purchase order form, but the purpose is for the advance purchase of a product before it is even released. The pre-order forms will reflect the order and product details—order tracking number, product description, product quantity, and the total amount due—you need to confirm your purchase. Most companies post their pre-order forms online for better access for their consumers.
Pre-order forms are usually useful in marketing products and controlling of incoming orders. It allows companies to measure the quality of their goods before it is officially released to the market. In the music market, the fans—being the consumers—are always fond of ordering products before the release to prevent situations like running out of stocks. Customers with pre-order applications are also prioritized once the products are ready for shipping. These consumers are the ones that would get a glimpse of the products and give item feedback about the quality.
Components of a Pre-order Form
Consumers would always want to arrange their orders according to their desires. As mentioned earlier, most companies come up with pre-order forms to have a manageable order process for their consumers. Just like how vital lyrics are to a song, pre-order forms also need elements to make it as useful to a transaction process. Here are necessary features you can find on a pre-order form:
- Customer Information: One of the essential information in a pre-order form is the customer’s personal information. This section includes the customer’s full name, address, and contact information. The personal details allow suppliers to identify which orders belong to, as well as for recording purposes. The customer details can be useful for future marketing plans.
- Product Details: This section will allow consumers to fill in the type and quantity of the products they want to purchase from the suppliers. It includes the product description and its respective prices for further information about the products selected. Product details neede to be accurate since it is the section that customers will base their product expectations.
- Tracking Numbers & Dates: Just like any other product order form, a pre-order form will always need a tracking number and the purchase date. These numbers are useful in monitoring a transaction’s activity. Companies would need this information is for recording and liquidation of their overall transaction operations. Consumers can also use the order number if they want updates about their pre-ordered products’ preparation and shipping dates.
- Payment Methods: Customers need to be aware of the applicable payment methods of a supplier’s pre-order procedures. Since most pre-orders occur online, suppliers tend to place a blank space or a bar where consumers can freely scroll for their preferred payment process. Suppliers need to be clear in stating their available payment methods in this section to avoid mistakes in performing the financial transaction.
- Shipping Details: Pre-ordered products are usually delivered on each of the client’s doorstep. Most suppliers add a section for the shipping details the consumers prefer. It includes the shipping fees, shipping address, shipping dates, and the type of delivery suppliers apply for the pre-ordered product.
- Terms and Conditions: A pre-order form or slip will serve as a contract that both parties have agreed on all the mentioned process for the pre-ordered product transaction. Usually, this section provides an area where consumers need to check or agree on a list of terms and consequences of the pre-order process. This section will prove that the consumer and suppliers have made a legal transaction.
Pre-Orders in the Music Industry
For many years, the music industry has been one of the most successful sectors in the business field. They are more than just business. Musicians create their songs to communicate with people who closely relate to their art. That is how artists gather a group of frequent listeners and avid fans. These groups of people are the dedicated ones who always listens and waits for a particular artist to release something. Of course, artists won’t be able to make it deliver their music to the public without the help of their companies and distributors. That is when a business comes to play. Companies will release the albums and singles on different platforms, along with physical copies, for the fans to purchase and cherish. Many of the well-known artists do this marketing strategy, and also use it to communicate with their fans.
Because of a large crowd in an artist’s fandom, companies need to manage systematic procedures for their clients’—the fans—purchase. Pre-orders are one of the most hectic parts of an artist’s album release preparations. Companies make use of a pre-order form to make things manageable and on track for both the suppliers and the customers. The pre-ordered products are one of the factors that help an artist to establish a name in their industry. In the music industry, a lot of artists in different genres have been dominating music charts, digital scales, and physical sales because of their companies’ well-managed marketing procedures. Within the decade, the international charts became more diverse and proved that with music, there is no such thing as language barriers.
One of the most successful artists in the music industry is the worldwide boy group from Korea, Bangtan Sonyeondan—also known as BTS. The boy group has one of the strongest fan bases that has made the whole industry shocked and impressed. BTS’ fans, the ARMY, have a strong connection with their artists and are dedicated to making BTS successful. Since the year 2015, the boy group has appeared in numerous charts and climbed up in sales. According to Forbes, BTS has reached a record-breaking number of pre-orders for their recently released album called Map of The Soul: Persona last April 2019. The group reached 2.6 million pre-orders, breaking their previous record for the album Love Yourself: Answer. These numbers are proof of how successful their company has made preparations for their comeback. With that huge number, their company has managed to carry out a smooth process of the pre-orders and made the fans satisfied with the outcome. And that was a success with the help of effective pre-order forms and order applications.
How to Place a Pre Order Form
Filling a pre-order form is more important than you think. If you wish to have an accurate placement for a pre-ordered product, you should follow the provided procedures of the suppliers on their official sites or platforms. Companies may vary in some areas of their pre-order process, but they share the same purpose. As a consumer or a supplier, you should be aware of the basic process of placing pre-orders.
Step 1. Indicate Product Details
Pre-order forms are like partial for the products the consumers have purchased from the suppliers. This information is one of the essential elements of a pre-order form. Consumers will place the type of product they want, along with the number of products they want to buy. The pre-order forms must have detailed information about the products to set the client’s expectation once they have successfully placed the order.
Step 2. Take Note of Order Tracking Features
Tracking and monitoring an order will help consumers feel at ease while their ordered items are yet to be delivered. The tracking features help both suppliers and customers trace the orders efficiently. From a supplier’s perspective, the tracking features—order numbers and placement dates—will help them record and liquidate their financial statements quickly. It also serves as a document for transaction transparency for customers to keep and present whenever they have to use it.
Step 3. State the Shipping Details
Most pre-ordered products are shipped to every consumer’s shipping mail address. That is why pre-order forms must have accurate shipping details for suppliers to follow and comply once they are set to deliver the pre-ordered items. Shipping information includes the client’s preferred shipping address and shipping fee charges for consumers to prepare.
Step 4. Track the Goodies
After agreeing on all the terms and conditions provided by the supplier, consumers must track and monitor their pre-ordered products or also called goodies. Once the pre-order form is placed, the consumer can ask for updates while using the order tracking numbers of their goodies, and make sure that they are coming as smoothly and on schedule. Suppliers can also follow the goodies’ activities after they have shipped it to their consumers for assurance that the procedures are doing well as planned.
Transparency – Transparency in the business field is the means of being accurate and honest of performing all financial and technical operations in the company.
Transaction – It is the exchange of products and services agreed between the companies and consumers.
Order Placement – The process of filling in a customer order form to purchase products available online.
1. What would happen if you place a pre-order item?
Once consumers place a pre-ordered product, some companies won’t charge them right away. Most of the suppliers send clients a confirmation letter with the product’s official releasing and shipping dates. Consumers will be kept updated on the product purchased. That is why companies provide a list of terms and conditions for clients to be aware of the pre-order procedures.
2. When do pre-ordered items mostly arrive?
Companies have different processes in shipping their pre-ordered products. There are instances that companies vary their shipping dates with the type of products a consumer has ordered. Most companies follow a standard 3-5 working days when they deliver a pre-ordered item to their designated consumers.
50+ Order Forms in PDF DOC
FREE 33+ Simple Order Forms PDF
FREE 5+ Pre Training Assessment Forms PDF
FREE 7+ Restaurant Training Forms in PDF DOC
FREE 4+ Construction Change Order Forms in PDF XLS
FREE 4+ Lost Receipt Forms in Samples, Examples, Format
FREE 8+ Pre Employment Physical Forms in Samples, Examples ...
FREE 10+ Pre-Award Forms and Policies in PDF DOC
FREE 10+ Generic Pre-Employment Physical Forms PDF
FREE 9+ Medical Order Form Samples PDF
FREE 7+ Construction Risk Assessment Form Samples in Sample ...
FREE 3+ Generic Pre Employment Physical Forms PDF
FREE 39+ Sample Requisition Forms in XLS PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Card Order Forms in WORD PDF
FREE 5+ Blank Pre-Employment Physical Forms PDF