Running a business usually requires tons of paperwork and documentation. One of the documents used by companies and business owners is Receipt Forms. A document that serves as an official proof of purchase or a proof of payment is called a receipt. These are typically provided by sellers to clients or buyers as a form of acknowledgment for payment received.
A receipt can differ according to the type of business, product, or service that is being offered. Here at SampleForms, we aim to provide our guests with a wide array of pre-made receipt templates to save you from the tedious and complicated process of drafting a business receipt on your own.
Rent Receipt Forms
House Rent Receipt Form
Income Tax Rent Receipt Form
Rent Money Receipt Form
Cash Receipt Forms
Cash Payment Receipt Form
Petty Cash Receipt Form
Sample Cash Receipt Form
Payment Receipt Forms
Deposit Receipt Form
Rent Payment Receipt Form
Application Fee Payment Form
Delivery Receipt Forms
Policy Delivery Receipt Form
Vehicle Delivery Receipt Form
Meal Delivery Receipt Form
Missing Receipt Forms
Student Missing Receipt Form
Travel Department Missing Receipt Form
Missing Receipt Declaration
Purchasing Card Missing Receipt Form
In most parts of the world, receipts are documents that retailers are required to give out to clients with an indication of the taxes associated with the product being purchased. Most companies typically deduct the total amount of tax from their sale’s gross amount and remit them to government agencies in charge of the handling, management, and collection of taxes.
To put it bluntly, a receipt is a proof of payment. It is a piece of paper that acknowledges a client’s submission of payment to a seller or a vendor. The issuance of a receipt is usually the last step in a business transaction. The products, prices, credits, taxes, and discounts on the costumer’s purchase are found in the receipt, which will serve as the last sheet of a document for the end of a transaction. Most people presume that a receipt is similar to an invoice. In some ways, invoices and receipts are similar since they contain almost the same type of information. However, it is important to note that both documents are completely different and have different uses or purposes. The sellers view a receipt as an important tool for proper and efficient liquidation.
While a receipt is a proof of a client’s payment, an Invoice Bill is a document used by companies when requesting a payment from a customer for the service they have provided to them. A list of the client’s purchased goods and services is also seen in an invoice bill. The prices and the total amount are also included in the document.
There will also be some details found on an invoice, such as the customer’s and seller’s name, the company address, the invoice and reference numbers, and the date when the parties had the transaction. It is important to note that an invoice should also not be mistaken for a purchase order. Compared to an invoice, a Purchase Order is provided by clients who buy in bulk quantities to input details about their desired purchase. With the help of the form, both parties will experience having a convenient and organized transaction. This will also be a granted contract of sale provided by the client instead of the seller.
The Advantages of Issuing, Asking for, and Keeping Receipts
Whether you are a retailer, a taxpayer, or a tax collector, it is always a good practice to ask for a receipt, to issue receipts, and to keep and organize receipts especially those made for big or expensive purchases. Receipts are considered to be tangible or physical evidence and actually speak a lot about a purchase, a business transaction, and a situation. Below are the most common advantages of giving, asking, and keeping receipts:
- They serve as tangible evidence. The main purpose of having and issuing receipts and keeping them is because they exist to prove a point. Receipts are hard, tangible evidence that serve as proof of payment or proof of purchase. Having a receipt can settle non-payment disputes and can even be used to claim and return for warranties of costly purchases such as pieces of real jewelry, electronic devices, appliances, etc.
- They are essential for record-keeping and documentation. Receipts are usually provided during the final stage of a business transaction. As soon as a receipt is provided, it will then reflect that a client has already given payment for a product or a service, allowing auditors or accountants to properly liquidate a company or a business’s revenue and profits.
- They back up claims filed for reimbursement. In an office setting, a receipt is a requirement for supervisors to approve of reimbursements such as work-related expenses that were incurred by an employee, work-related business trips, or meetings outside of the workplace.
- They are required for refunds. Sometimes we purchase products or merchandise that are not exactly what we thought they would be, such as when we buy a shirt to give to a friend only to find out that it’s a tad bit too big. Having receipts allows you to have a hassle-free exchange and return transaction. Of course, this will depend on the store’s return and exchange policy; some stores allow customers to exchange products within 3 days after purchase.
- They allow you to make a budget. One trick to creating a budget is by compiling all your receipts so that you can figure out what items you usually spend on each month and how much they cost.
Sales Receipt Forms
Bill of Sale Receipt Form
Sales Receipt Notice of Cancellation Form
Tax Payment Receipt Form
Donation Receipt Forms
Donation Tax Receipt Form
Official Donation Receipt Form
Auction Donation Receipt Form
Holiday Sponsor Donation Receipt Form
Invoice Receipt Forms
Sales Invoice Receipt Form
Accounting Service Missing Invoice Form
Lost Receipt Form
Daycare Receipt Forms
Childcare Services Receipt Form
Childcare Year End Receipt Form
Daycare Reimbursement Receipt Form
The Different Types of Receipts
Receipts come in different forms depending on how they are used and for what purpose they serve. Below are the four common types of receipts:
Original Receipts – Original receipts are your typical receipts that are given by a supplier to a customer. They generally include details such as the company / seller’s name, the list of items purchased, the quantity, and the item’s cost. Original receipts may come in the form of an invoice or in an order confirmation format.
Full-Page Invoices – These types of receipts are typically printed out using a letter-sized paper and are commonly utilized by big companies or independent business owners.
Window Tag Receipts – Window-tag receipts are receipts that are commonly placed on a vehicle’s windshield to serve as the owner’s proof of payment for a parking fee or to show that a vehicle is authorized to park in an allotted parking area. Window-tag receipts will typically indicate the amount paid and the specific area that has been allotted to the owner.
Credit Card Slip – These receipts are the slips that commonly come out of an Electronic Data Capture (EDC) Machine or a card swipe machine. Credit card slips normally show the credit card holder’s name, the card’s expiration date, and the last four digits of the credit or debit card number. Credit card slips usually come in 3 copies: one is given to the customer, and the other 2 are kept by the store or the company.
The Contents of a Receipt
The contents of a receipt are not complex or complicated. In fact, you can draft your own receipt templates with the use of an Excel spreadsheet or a Word document. You can also purchase receipt booklets to manually provide receipts. To help you cut back on costs and to allow you to save time and steer clear of the tedious process of having to create a receipt template from scratch, you can also download one of our sample receipt forms online. Simply click on the download link and you’re good to go. Below are the basic and crucial details which are vital in every business receipt:
Seller Details – The company’s contact information should be stated at the topmost part of the receipt.
Buyer’s Details – Refers to the full legal name of the buyer.
Date of Sales Transaction – This refers to the day that the client was able to purchase the products.
Items’ Descriptions – This will state the type, the prices, and the number of products purchased by the customer.
Payment Mode – The client may choose whether to transact the payment through cash on hand or by the use of bank account cards.
Receipt Form Printable Examples
Printable Cash Receipt Deposit Form
Printable Delivery Receipt Form
Printable Donation Receipt Form
Petty Cash Receipt Forms
Petty Cash Receipt Verification Form
Petty Cash Receipt Envelope Form
College Petty Cash Receipt Form
Rental Receipt Forms
Holding Deposit Receipt Form
Rental Receipt Transmittal Form
Landlord Receipt for Tenant Security Deposit Form
Equipment Rental Receipt Form
Purchase Receipt Forms
Purchasing Department Missing Receipt Forms
Earnest Money Receipt Form
Purchasing Card Receipt Form
Rental Receipt Forms
If you are in the land-lording industry and you are looking for ways or templates for rental receipts, feel free to use or download our free sample receipt forms. The Rental Receipts on this site are customizable to meet your landlording business needs. Listed below are important keys that you should keep in mind when you plan on drafting your own rental receipt:
1. Download a Rental Form or a Rental Template in Advance. Having pre-made templates for receipts is a great way for you to save time, especially when both parties are in a hurry. A pre-created rental receipt form can aid landlords in easily putting in the necessary details. If you want to be more advanced, you can also use your templates to establish online receipts so that you can quickly furnish them with the click of a button.
2. Get Payment from Your Tenants. Before you give out a receipt, you must first make sure that a payment has indeed been given. After all, receipts are issued as proof of payment to begin with. The landlord may state what his preferred type of payment would be for the rentals.
3. Documenting Your Receipts. You can either encode the details of your receipt, or fasten the sheets in a folder with indications for easy documentation. Payment disputes and problems may be granted a solution with the help of your receipts. Be sure to have a back-up copy of your rental receipts just in case.
22+ Sample Receipt Form - Free Documents in PDF
Sample Receipt of Payment Form - 7+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Security Deposit Refund Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
42 Free Receipt Forms
Invoice Forms in Word
10+ Sample Deposit Receipt Forms
Printable Eviction Notice Form - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Printable Eviction Notice Form - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Personal Affidavit Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Free Expense Forms
Sample Nextcare Reimbursement Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Business Invoice Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Horse Bill of Sale Samples - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
9+ Deposit Receipt Form Samples
Cover Letter Examples for Teacher - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF