Usually, when addressing an official issue you are required to write a formal letter. This could be to your employer, teacher or any high official in the government. This letter should be to the point but at the same time drafted with finesse. Using the formal letter format can ease up the task for you. These Sample Letters help you to understand the exact format that should be followed when writing a letter.
Formal Business Letter Format
When you are thinking of sending an official letter to a business organization, making use of this format can help you to draft an impressive formal letter. You can also see Business Letter.
Formal Complaint Letter Format
When you want to lodge a complaint against a person or facility to a higher official, use this format to write a perfect formal letter that will make a positive impression on the person.
Formal Application Letter Format
As the name indicates, this formal letter format can come in handy when you apply for certain provision, concession or job to a higher official or organization.
Formal Letter of Recommendation Format
This formal letter format can be used to draft a Recommendation Letter that may help a person to secure certain benefits for a job, scholarship etc.
Formal Complaint Letter
As the name indicates, this format can be useful if you are thinking of making a complaint against a person or facility to a higher official or an organization.
Friendly Letter Sample Format
This sample format comes in handy when you want to write a formal letter to a person or organization but want to keep a friendly tone in the letter.
Formal Letter of Appeal
Making an appeal calls for a formal letter. In such a scenario, using this format will help you to understand the right way to draft such a letter and give you an idea of the information to include.
Target Audience for Formal Letter Format
A formal letter can come in handy for any person who intends to bring a certain thing to the notice of a higher official or organization. This can also be used for communication between two professionals or organizations. Thus, the target audience for formal letter format is
- Business organizations
- Secretaries of higher officials in business and government sectors
- Applicants intending to place an appeal with a higher official or organization
- Complainants who intend to lodge a complaint against a person or facility to an organization or official
- Letter writers who help others to draft professional letters. You can also see Reference Letter Sample.
What are the Benefits of Using Formal Letter Formats?
- These have been designed by experts and conform to the latest industry trends. So, when you use this format you can be sure that the letter thus drafted will have a professional look
- The format comprises of all the important segments which ensure that you share crucial information with the person to whom the letter is addressed. The format also follows a highly professional language that is sure to make a positive impression on the receiver
- These formats can be customized as per your needs and thus help you to add a personal touch to the formal letters
In case, you are not sure as to how to draft a formal letter, don’t worry. We have a wide range of formal letter formats to choose from. All you need to do is browse through our collection and pick the one that is apt for you. Easy to download and customize, these formats are print ready and save a lot of your time and effort. You may also see Formal Letters.
8+ Sample Letter of Interest Forms
Sample Generic Authorization Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Letterhead Example - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Letter of Introduction Samples
Letter of Resignation Sample - 9+ Free Documents in Doc
9+ Reference Letter Samples
Resignation Letter Examples - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Employee Verification Letter - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Recommendation Letter For Student - Free Documents in ...
Sample Letter of Recommendation Format - 8+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Letter of Resignation - 9+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Recommendation Letter From Employer - 9+ Free ...
Sample Letter of Application Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Job Offer Acceptance Letter - 8+ Free Documents in Doc
Sample 2 Week Notice Letter - 8+ Sample Documents in Doc