For every goodbye, there is or are multiple reasons behind it. And one best way to find out what these are is to ask personally by means of conducting an interview. Even though goodbyes are hard to deal with most of the times, you need to learn how to accept, unless your employee has been a nuisance and it is a relief for the management to let go of him/her. However, you cannot deny the fact that this somehow creates or leaves an impact on the management, the business, and to other employees. You may also see company clearance samples.
Therefore, there are a few things that should be conducted to complete the terminating process. These pertain to the formal procedures with regards to terminating an employment contract, as well as ending the ties with the terminated or resigning employee. Refer to the following below in order to know what is the process for company exits, what are the requirements, and how these should be conducted.
Exit Clearance Form Sample
Employee Exit Clearance Form
Exit Clearance Checklist Form
Interactive Exit Clearance Form
What Is an Exit Interview?
Generally, an exit interview is considered as the process that is often conducted for all employees who are resigning or terminated from their employment at the company. This interview is the last requirement that allows the human resource department to get some information from the employees with regards to the reasons why they are leaving or separating from the company. In addition, employees are also asked for their suggestions and recommendations in order for the management to improve their employment and management services.
Benefits of Exit Interviews
The exit interviews are somehow beneficial to both the management and the employees. Refer to the following below in order to determine the importance of exit interviews for both.
As for the Management
- They will be able to know what is needed to be improved in term of the services, guidance, support to be given to each and every employee.
- They will be aware with regards to what the reasons are when employees decide to resign from their position at the company.
- They will be able to come up with some ideas on how they will improve and resolve any business and personnel management dilemmas.
- They will be able to determine what are the employees’ wants and needs, or what they expect from the management. You may also see sample employee clearance forms.
As for the Employees
- They will have the chance to be heard.
- They will be able to share their ideas for the intention of management improvement.
- They will be able to break the silence as they speak up for their side. You may also like staff clearance forms.
These are a few common benefits that you probably already know, but there is something more to that. Exit interviews are also a way for the management to know if the individual employee has something against the company, the management, and/or the business. And, if the management has proven this by basing on the employees’ answers from the exit interview, they might not consider their employees for re-employment in the company. This would be the outcome when the management has realized that the employee has a bad attitude, which should not be tolerated by any other employer. Therefore, one of the reasons why exit interviews are conducted is to determine if the individual employee is eligible to be rehired in the company. You may also check out exit clearance form samples.
Fillable Exit Interview Form
Employee Exit Interview Form
Company Exit Interview Questionnaire
Participating in Exit Interviews
Exit interviews are made mandatory for some companies. Yet to others, the employees could decline to participate in an exit interview meeting. The reason for this is because some employees find this part of the process a waste of time and unnecessary, and that there are no particular rules or policies in their employment contract with regards to participating in exit interviews. Some do not see any point in answering the questions of the management on how they could improve, this is because the separating employees will not be able to benefit from this due to the fact that they are leaving the company. In addition to this, there is no guarantee that the management will be taking the employees’ suggestions or advice for the management to improve. Therefore, the exit interviews are conducted technically for the management to know what are the employees’ reasons and whether they have the potential to sue the company and disclose any confidential reports and information of the company, the business, the management, and the employees.
Interviews such as these should be conducted on a regular basis for all employees, whether staying or not in the company, not just to those who are exiting or leaving. Though you cannot prevent employees from resigning from their positions, one way to reduce this is by asking employee feedback from the individual to know what are the problems that each of them has been facing. Asking for feedback is also one of the effective ways to resolve and address any issues or problems in the management before it gets worse.
The Process for Company Exits
In administering a business management, there are a lot of inevitable circumstances that are most likely encountered every once in a while. Aside from having difficulties with financial, operational, and other services in the management, employee engagement or personnel management could also be an issue. This would result in a number of employee resignations. In such cases, the following processes and requirements should be submitted to have a formal way of exiting the company.
1. Resignation Letter
Employees who are all set to get separated from the company should give two weeks prior notice with regards to their resignation. This is in order to give the management a heads-up to prepare for the employee’s permanent leave in the company. This prior notice should come with a resignation letter that is submitted to the human resource manager.
2. Employee Clearance
Before the employee exits, he/she is given an employee clearance to be completed within the specified period of time. The employee is required to obtain the signatures from the department managers or heads to certify that he or she is cleared from the department, and that he or she is not leaving with undone or pending responsibilities, most especially with regards to the company properties.
3. Exit Interview
After the affirmation from the managers that the employee is cleared from all the departments, the employee is subject for an exit interview that is scheduled by the human resource manager. This is with regards to providing information and enough reasons why the employee is leaving. This could also be a revelation of all concerns that the employee has with regards to the management and other employees. This interview is made confidential for there is some honest information that would offend the other.
These are basically the documents or requirements that are usually mandatory to be completed when an individual employee decides to leave the company.
Employment Clearance Form
Federal Employee Exit Clearance
University Employee Clearance Form
What Is an Employee Clearance?
An employee clearance is a form that the individual resigning or terminating employee is provided for completion. This technically serves as the employee’s ticket or permit on his or her way out from the company. This form also serves as the basis of the department heads or managers to verify that the exiting employee has no more liabilities with regards to the damages, theft, breakage reports, or losses in the department. This also certifies that all company equipment and/or properties issued to individual employees upon the start of their work have been returned in good condition similar to how it was received.
Therefore, this form is considered as the employees’ last requirement before they exit the company for this ensures that employees are held responsible for their acts.
Common Questions Asked in Exit Interviews
Refer to the following below to know what is often asked during an exit interview.
- The reason why the employee is leaving the company.
- The relationship of the employee with the manager.
- The relationship of the employee with co-employees.
- The suggestions and recommendations of the employee for the management improvements, as well as employee morale.
- The lessons that the employee had learned during his employment at the company.
- The circumstances that were encountered during the employment.
- The evaluation or ratings that the employee would give to the management operations and services.
- The ways that could help the management make the employee stay longer.
- The best part or favorite part while employed at the company.
- The hardest part that he/she found difficult to understand or cope up with.
- Any concerns, unresolved issues, or additional comments that the employee would like to share with the human resource manager.
- The plans after leaving the company. You may also see work clearance forms.
These are few of the basic or common questions that are often asked by the management to the employees. However, the questions asked often depends on the management. Basically, these are mainly about the reasons, suggestions, and recommendations that the employee would like to share with the management. You may also like employment clearance form samples.
Employee Clearance and Exit Interview Form
Employee Exit Clearance Sample
Exit Clearance Form Template
Tips for Conducting Exit Interviews
While conducting an effective exit interview, given below are few of the simple or basic tips that you could refer to.
- Exit interviews should be scheduled on a date that is convenient for both the management and the employee.
- Make sure that only relevant questions are asked during exit interviews.
- Questions should not be offensive or insulting.
- Both the human resource manager and the employee should be professional in conducting or undergoing the interview.
- Any clarifications should be made within the given period.
- The manager should be open to any employee concerns.
- Upon the completion of the exit interviews, the required information and documents should be attached.
- Exit interviews should be compiled and documented together with the employees’ personnel files.
Summing it all up, the exit interviews and company clearances are mandatory to ensure to help the management be aware of the issues that their employees have been facing during their employment in the process. You may refer to the following forms provided for you in order to further gain information on how you could conduct an effective exit interview with your employees.
How Clearance Forms are Used For Employees
32+ Clearance Forms in PDF
29+ Sample Medical Clearance Forms
14+ Dental Medical Clearance Forms
13+ Company Clearance Forms
9+ Sample Sports Physical Forms
5+ Company Clearance Forms
4+ Employment Clearance Forms
32+ Clearance Form Examples
20+ Employee Clearance Form Examples
11+ Sample Staff Clearance Forms
7+ Sample Resignation Clearance Forms
5+Employment Clearance Form Samples
30+ Medical Clearance Forms in PDF
29+ Free Medical Clearance Forms