Power of attorney forms are written authorizations that allow a person (usually a lawyer) to represent and act on the behalf of another person in private, business, and legal affairs. The POA comes in various forms: special (or limited), general, temporary, or durable.
A general POA allows the agent to act in all matters, and so does a temporary POA, though under a limited time frame. A special POA limits the agent’s actions to a specific type of action.
Here we have collected a list of useful blank templates for special power of attorney forms. Download them for free and edit as a Word document or PDF.
Special Power of Attorney Form for Real Estate
Special Power of Attorney Form PDF
Special Power of Attorney Form for Authorization
Blank Special Power of Attorney Form
The Different Kinds of Power of Attorney (POA)
- General vs. Special. As stated, a general power of attorney is different from a special or limited power of attorney by virtue of their restricted scope of action.
- Special POAs are granted most often to the major areas of life: medical, financial, legal, and over the care of a minor.
- Temporary vs. Durable. The opposite of the other type, the temporary POA, is an enduring (or “durable”) POA. Enduring POA means the agent is allowed to act on your behalf even after you are incapacitated for whatever reason. (Incapacitation does not cover death. In that case, a Last Will comes into play.)
- A Springing Power of Attorney is similar to the durable POA, but it can only take effect after the grantor (principal) of the power becomes incapable of acting.
Select the type of POA form suited to your needs from this generous selection and decide who may take control when you no longer can. This is a highly useful tool for long-term strategizing and planning for your estates.
For this purpose, you might be interested in checking out the
Durable Power of Attorney Forms also available on the site for free.
Also check out the additional resources at the bottom of the article for more free downloadable, customizable, and printable templates relating to every kind of POA discussed.
Special Durable Power of Attorney Form
Example of Special Power of Attorney Form
General Special Power of Attorney Form
Special Limited Power of Attorney Form
Here on SampleForms.com, we have even more free power of attorney templates you can check out to give you options.
Be sure to check out the templates that cover a variety of special power of attorney forms for specific situations. We cover forms that deal in:
- financial power of attorney
- medical and health care power of attorney
- care and custody of minor children
- legal power of attorney
- military power of attorney (for when you are drafted abroad)
- revocation of power of attorney (you can also find irrevocable power of attorney forms, although these are rarely used and usually specific to a certain field, such as one’s finances)
You can find these as well as as all manner of attorney forms for durable and springing powers for free on SampleForms.com.
12+ Sample Guardianship Forms
Durable Power of Attorney Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Small Claim Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
7+ Event Survey Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
14+ Sample Event Request Forms Sample Forms
Warranty Deed Forms
Sample Event Planning Forms - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
7+ Quit Deed Forms
Sample Suicide Risk Assessment Form - 6+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Photography Consent Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Hotel Feedback Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Construction Budget Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...