The rental business is not always an easy business. Although most of the time a landlord just waits for the month to roll around and collect the rental fees that are owed to him, there are major responsibilities that a landlord has to undertake. One of those responsibilities is screening potential tenants.
There are various utilized questionnaire in research methods, and Tenant Questionnaire Forms are one of those. Tenant Questionnaire Forms aid landlords in screening their potential tenants to avoid bad tenants who may cause costly repairs for property damages or court-ordered evictions. We also have Customer Service Survey Forms used by companies to gauge the ability and skills of their customer service department.
Homeowner Tenant Questionnaire
Retail Tenant Questionnaire
Tenant Improvement Form
New Tenant Questionnaire
A Tenancy Agreement
Aside from our Tenant Questionnaire Form Samples, we also have Tenancy Agreement Forms. A Tenancy Agreement is an agreement between a landlord and a tenant. This could either be oral or written, but for the purpose of it holding up in court, it would be better to have it written. Here are the necessary stipulations to be included in a Tenancy Agreement:
- Personal information (names, addresses, contact details) of the tenant/s and the landlord
- Rental payment and when it is due
- Stipulation about the security deposit, if any, and under what circumstances it will be partially or fully withheld
- Full address of the property (house number, street, city, state, zip code)
- Term of the lease (start date and end date of tenancy)
- Tenant and landlord duties and responsibilities
- Any restrictions (no smoking in the room, no pets allowed)
- Agreement concerning subletting (whether it is allowed or not)
How Can Landlords Steer Clear of Bad Tenants?
Landlords would want to avoid bad tenants as much as possible because of the potential headaches and expenses. The best way for them to do this is to screen potential tenants from the moment they inquire about the property. They should do background checks and credit checks using Financial Questionnaire Forms to make sure that the person is credible and responsible.
Tenant Income Certification
Questionnaire Update Form
Prospective Tenant Form
Tenant Pre-Screening Form
Sample Tenant Questionnaire Form
How To Screen Tenants in Five Easy Steps
- First Contact: A landlord’s first contact with a potential tenant is usually through the phone. This is the first step of the screening process because this is the chance for landlords to ask primary qualifying questions. Does the potential tenant have pets? How many people will be moving in with him or her? Where does he or she work?
- Property Viewing: Although this is mostly for the benefit of the potential tenant, this can also be advantageous for the landlord. This is an opportunity for the landlord to observe the potential tenant. There are certain telling behaviors that could indicate if a person would potentially be a problem in the future.
- Rental Application: Ask your potential tenant to accurately and completely fill out a rental application form. If you are selling a property, you may also see our Buyer Questionnaire Forms.
- Credit Checks: The potential tenant’s financial records should also be checked to ensure that he is financially capable of paying their monthly rent.
- Background Checks: This involves checking the accuracy of the information on a rental application. You should check for criminal records, prior evictions, and public records. This will help you have a better insight of the potential tenant’s profile.
Simple Rental Agreement Form - 12+ Free Documents in PDF
7+ Sample Landlord Verification Forms
Sample Housing Application Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
9+ Lease Form Samples
Rental Agreement Forms
Maintenance Request Forms
Sample Rent Receipt Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Rental Deposit Forms - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Triple Net Lease Form - 6+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Holding Deposit Agreement Forms - 8+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Room Rental Agreement form - 10+ Free Documents in Doc ...
Sample House Lease Agreement Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Renters Agreement Forms
Free Rental Agreement Form Sample - 9+ Free Documents in Doc ...
Simple Lease Agreement Form - 10+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF