A requisition refers to the act of requesting and ordering to use a certain material or to spend an amount from the company. Requisition Forms are often submitted to the financing department of an organization and may be declined or approved for various reasons. The fillable form should contain adequate information about the request, the descriptions of the materials and its possible price.
Sometimes, requisition forms are misinterpreted as purchase orders since both are used for requesting a product or a service. But in a company’s procedure, a purchase order will only be issued once the requisition forms will be approved by the financing department. These two forms will have similar numbers to maintain good record keeping.
What is Requisition Form?
A Requisition Form is a document used in business operations to request the purchase or acquisition of goods or services. This best form is typically filled out by employees or departments within an organization to formally request items they need for their work. The form usually includes details such as the type of item requested, quantity, purpose of the request, and the date needed. It serves as an official record of the request and is often used in the procurement process to authorize and track the purchase. The use of a Requisition Form helps in maintaining budget control, ensuring proper authorization, and keeping an organized record of requests and purchases within an organization.
What is the best Sample Requisition Form?
The best sample requisition form is one that is clear, comprehensive, and adaptable to various organizational needs, ensuring efficient and accurate processing of requests.
Sample Requisition Form
Company Name: _______________________________________________________
Requestor’s Name: _____________________________________________________
Date of Request: _________________
- Phone: _______________________
- Email: ________________________
- Item Name: _________________________________________________________
- Description: ________________________________________________________
- Quantity: ____________
- Unit Price (if known): $__________
- Total Estimated Cost: $__________
- Purpose of Purchase: ________________________________________________
- Preferred Vendor (if any): ___________________________________________
- Required Delivery Date: _________________
- Special Instructions: ________________________________________________
- Budget Code: _______________________
- Supervisor’s Name: ___________________________________________________
- Signature: _________________________
- Date: _________________
Office Use Only:
- Requisition Number: _______________________
- Approved by: _________________________
- Date of Approval: _________________
- Purchase Order Number: _______________________
- Please fill out all relevant sections of this form.
- Ensure accuracy in the description and quantity of items requested.
- Submit the completed form to the department supervisor for approval.
- Keep a copy of the form for your records.
This sample requisition form is designed to be comprehensive and easy to use, ensuring efficient processing of requests within an organization. It covers essential details like item descriptions, cost estimates, and approval processes, making it suitable for various business needs. You can also see Job Requisition Forms.
Purchase Requisition Forms
Standard Purchase Requisition
Purchase Order Requisition form in Excel
Purchase Requisition Entry Form
Material Requisition Forms
Materials Request Slip Form
Sample Book Requisition Form
Employee Requisition Forms
Overtime Employee Tracking
Employee Requisition Form Format
Meeting Requisition Forms
Meeting Room Requisition
Importance of Requisition Forms
Requisition forms are very important for a company and a business. One main reason to use this form is to have a complete record of how much the company has been spending and where the financing went. The forms will contain all the required information about the requested material or equipment. Another significance is to have a uniform sheet where the employees can state everything they need. The form will serve as a bridge for the employees and the management in terms of material needs. This form may help the financing department know what requests are granted an authorization and which ones were declined with the accompanying reasons.
In this way, the company will have an idea of which materials were ordered for unregulated purposes and who were responsible for the fraud orders. A Purchase Requisition Form is a type of requisition order form that will indicate the details of the requested goods for the company to purchase. This form will aid the Purchasing department of a company to the specifications of the requested products and the chosen supplier of the requestor. The form will contain the estimated time of delivery, therefore, helping the department identify which among the requests should be prioritized. Most importantly, the form will be a great help in the event that the company will have to make their Annual Financial Reports.
How to Fill Out a Material Requisition Form
There are different types of requisition forms and one of the most common is the Material Requisition Form. This is used to request for materials, ranging from chemicals to machinery, within the company. Here are ten steps in filling out this type of requisition form:
Step 1: State your name, your position in the company, and the current date.
Step 2: Gather information about the material you are going to request.
Step 3: Write the exact quantity that you need.
Step 4: Describe the material.
Step 5: Indicate the department that will be needing the material.
Step 6: State the department where the material will be requested.
Step 7: Include the information about the materials components if deemed hazardous and dangerous.
Step 8: Note the total cost of material purchases.
Step 9: State the exact date and time that the material will be used for the operation.
Step 10: Sign the form and submit it to the financing department of your company.
Stock Requisition Forms
Sample Stock Requisition
Non Stock Requisition
Travel Requisition Forms
Travel Requisition Approval
Expense Reimbursement Form Sample
Medical Check Requisition Form
Check Requisition Forms
Check Requisition Form Template
Check Requisition Form Example
Office Requisition Forms
Intra Office Requisition Form
Types of Requisition Forms
|Type of Requisition Form||Purpose||Common Usage|
|Purchase Requisition Form||Used to request the purchase of goods or services.||Common in businesses and organizations for procurement.|
|Employee Requisition Form||For requesting new hires or replacements in a company.||Used in HR departments for staffing needs.|
|Material Requisition Form||To request specific materials for projects or operations.||Widely used in construction, manufacturing, and engineering sectors.|
|Travel Requisition Form||For requesting approval for business-related travel.||Utilized by companies for managing business trips and travel expenses.|
|Capital Expenditure Requisition Form||To request the purchase or investment in fixed assets.||Essential in finance and accounting departments for asset acquisition.|
|IT Requisition Form||For requesting IT equipment, software, or support.||Common in businesses for managing IT resources and support.|
|Service Requisition Form||Used to request various internal or external services.||Used across various departments for services like maintenance, consulting, etc.|
|Training Requisition Form||To request training sessions or educational resources for employees.||Utilized in corporate training and HR for employee development.|
|Office Supplies Requisition Form||For requesting office supplies like stationery, equipment, etc.||Common in all office environments for maintaining supply inventory.|
|Research Requisition Form||To request resources or approval for research activities.||Used in academic, scientific, and corporate research settings.|
Each of these requisition forms plays a crucial role in streamlining requests and maintaining efficient operations in various organizational contexts. They ensure that requests are properly documented, approved, and tracked, contributing to effective resource management and operational control. You also browse our Work Requisition Forms.
Purchase Requisition Form
Purchase Requisition Standard Form
Payment Requisition Form
Non-Employee Payment Request
Payment Requisition Form Template
Supply Request Forms
Blank Supply Order Request
Free Office Supply Request Form
Sample Requisition Form
College Requisition Form
College Purchase Requisition Form Example
Budget Request Form
Budget Request Form Template
Print Requisition Forms
Printing and Design Services Requisition Form
Sample Requisition Form
Email Requisition Forms
Temporary Email Address Request
Services Requisition Forms
Requisition Forms are not only used in requesting a product or a material but also whenever there is a need to request a service from an individual or group. The Service Requisition Forms will contain the details about what type of services will be rendered for the company. An example of an industry which may use this type of requisition is the Printing and Graphics Designing industry. A company may request for employees who will help them create a layout for an event, or for a group of people who will do a mural for their building’s walls. The people who rendered the services may have an agreement with the company with regards to their payment per hour or per finished product.
General Parts of a Requisition Form should
Though every organization uses different Requisition Forms to meet their needs, there are a number of areas where any Requisition Form is evidently similar. Listed below are the general parts of the form:
- The Company or the Organization’s Name. This is found on the topmost area of the form. The address and the contact information of the company may also be written underneath the name.
- The Name of the Requestor. This may be associated with the specific department who is using the form or the member of an organization and his designated position.
- The Description of the Requested Service or Material. This will include the physical entities of the material, such as its height, length, width, and other components found on it. The requestor may also state the level of danger that the material may cause if handled and stored incorrectly. You should also take a look at our Stock Requisition Forms.
- The Exact Date Needed. When indicating a date and time, the one who placed a request must also consider the needed purchase and delivery time to avoid causing hectic deadlines and causing mistakes with the transactions.
- The Cost. Upon filling out the form, the requestor should have an idea on what the actual cost of the material in the market will be.
- The Authorized Signatures. Some requisition forms require specimen signatures, which refers to three identical signatures from one person, to fulfill the transaction and legalize the request. The form should only be signed by the designated person who handles the request and the financing department of the company.
What is on a Requisition Form?
A requisition form is a crucial document used in various organizations to request the purchase of goods or services. It serves as a formal request to the purchasing department or management, outlining the specific needs of an individual or department. Here are the key elements typically found on a requisition form:
- Company and Department Information:
- Company Name: Identifies the organization making the request.
- Department: Specifies the department within the organization that is requesting the items or services.
- Requestor’s Details:
- Requestor’s Name: The name of the individual initiating the requisition.
- Position: The job title or role of the requestor.
- Contact Information: Includes phone number and email address for communication purposes.
- Date of Request: The date on which the requisition form is filled out and submitted.
- Requisition Details:
- Item Name: The name or description of the item or service being requested.
- Quantity: The number of items or extent of services required.
- Unit Price: The cost per unit of the item or service, if known.
- Total Estimated Cost: An overall estimation of the cost for the requested items or services.
- Purpose of Purchase: A brief explanation of why the item or service is needed.
- Preferred Vendor: Suggests a preferred supplier or service provider, if any.
- Required Delivery Date: The date by which the items or services are needed.
- Additional Information:
- Special Instructions: Any specific instructions or requirements related to the purchase.
- Budget Code: The budget account to be charged for the purchase.
- Approval Section:
- Supervisor’s Name: The name of the person authorized to approve the requisition.
- Signature: The approver’s signature, confirming authorization.
- Date: The date on which the form was approved.
- Office Use Only:
- Requisition Number: A unique identifier assigned to the requisition for tracking purposes.
- Approved by: The name of the person who approved the requisition in the purchasing department.
- Date of Approval: The date when the requisition received final approval.
- Purchase Order Number: The number assigned to the purchase order generated based on the requisition.
A well-structured requisition form ensures clear communication and efficient processing of purchase requests, aiding in effective inventory management and financial planning within an organization. Our Staff Requisition Forms is also worth a look at.
How to fill out a Requisition Form?
Filling out a personnel requisition form is a straightforward process, but it requires attention to detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the procurement process. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Company and Department Information:
- Company Name: Enter the full name of your organization.
- Department: Specify the department within your organization that is making the request.
- Requestor’s Details:
- Requestor’s Name: Write your full name.
- Position: Indicate your job title or role within the organization.
- Contact Information: Provide your phone number and email address for any follow-up communication.
- Date of Request: Enter the current date when you are filling out the form.
- Requisition Details:
- Item Name: Clearly describe each item or service you are requesting. Be specific to avoid any confusion.
- Quantity: Indicate the number of units or the extent of the service you require.
- Unit Price: If known, provide the cost per unit of the item or service. This helps in estimating the total cost.
- Total Estimated Cost: Calculate and enter the total cost for the items or services requested.
- Purpose of Purchase: Briefly explain why these items or services are needed. This helps in justifying the purchase.
- Preferred Vendor: If you have a preferred supplier or service provider, mention their name.
- Required Delivery Date: Specify the date by which you need the items or services delivered.
- Additional Information:
- Special Instructions: Include any specific instructions or requirements that the supplier should be aware of.
- Budget Code: Enter the budget account code that should be charged for this purchase.
- Approval Section:
- Supervisor’s Name: Write the name of your supervisor or the person authorized to approve the requisition.
- Signature: Your supervisor or the authorized person must sign the form.
- Date: The approver should date the form on the day they sign it.
- Office Use Only: This section is typically filled out by the purchasing department or office staff. It includes:
- Requisition Number: A unique identifier for tracking.
- Approved by: The name of the person who approved the requisition.
- Date of Approval: The date when the form received final approval.
- Purchase Order Number: The number assigned to the purchase order that will be generated based on this requisition.
- Accuracy: Ensure all information is accurate and complete.
- Clarity: Write clearly or type the information to avoid misunderstandings.
- Justification: Provide sufficient details, especially in the ‘Purpose of Purchase’ section, to justify the need for the purchase.
- Follow-Up: Keep a copy of the form for your records and follow up if necessary.
By following these steps, you can effectively fill out a requisition form, facilitating a smooth and efficient procurement process. In addition, you should review our Training Requisition Forms.
Which is the Purpose of the Requisition Form?
The purpose of a requisition form is to formally request goods, services, or resources within an organization, ensuring proper authorization and documentation.
What Information is Required on a Test Requisition Form?
A test requisition form typically requires patient details, requested tests, physician information, and clinical notes or diagnosis for accurate processing. You may also see Employee Requisition Form.
What are the Steps in Requisition Procedure?
The steps in the requisition procedure include identifying needs, completing the requisition form, obtaining approvals, and forwarding it to the relevant department for action. You may also be interested in our Equipment Requisition Forms.
What are Three Things Commonly Required on the Requisition Form?
Commonly required on a requisition form are the description of requested items or services, purpose or justification, and authorization or approval signatures.
What is a Requisition Form Used For?
A requisition form is used to formally request and authorize the procurement of goods, services, or resources within an organization, ensuring controlled and efficient management.
Sample Pre Employment Physical Forms - 7+ Free Documents in PDF
8+ Catering Invoice Forms – Free Downloadable Samples ...
Sample Employee Discipline Forms - 7+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Employee Advance Request Forms - 7+ Free Documents in ...
Travel Request Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Job Offer Acceptance Letter - 8+ Free Documents in Doc
8+ Service Invoice Form Sample - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Requisition Form - 11+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF, Excel
Sample Requisition Forms
Blank Purchase Order Forms
10+ Sample Purchase Order Forms
41+ Request Forms in Excel
Sample Supply Request Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Employee Time Sheet - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF ...
Sample Employee Absence Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF