Personal Affidavit Forms are drafted to ensure that a person is stating factual statements and not fallacious ones. Affiant or deponent are the terms applied to the person filing the affidavit. This is a legal document with a sworn declaration to be signed in the presence of a notary public if it should have any bearing in court. If this document is used outside the court, there is no need for a notarized seal. An oath-taking is necessary when signing these forms, in accordance with the law.
For ideas on how to make an affidavit, scan through our site to view various examples of the said forms.
Affidavit of Personal Service Form
General Personal Affidavit Form
Personal Affidavit Form in Doc
Personal Affidavit of Professional Practice
Components of an Affidavit
- The commencement is where the affiant swears that he will state the truth, the entire truth, and nothing but the truth under any penalty that he may face authorized by the law.
- The attestation clause is where the date unto when the affiant made his statement with the oath is located.
- Lastly, the signatures of the witnesses and the affiant have to be indicated at the bottom of the form.
Quick Tips for Composing a Personal Affidavit
- Keep it short and simple. Statements may be drawn out in a number of paragraphs, but keeping things at a paragraph or two would help ease the reader’s mind with regard to what you really wish to imply in your affidavit.
- Include only facts, not false statements. You’ve signed and taken an oath that you will speak the truth; hence, avoid adding incidents and stories that may end up being proven as false.
- Be consistent with your statements. Have one main concern and focus on the explanation.
- Avoid using statements that are vague, or avoid phraseology of that nature. Incorporating phrases like “I think” into your writing may render a sentence or even the whole document questionable. Always re-read the affidavit to make sure that every statement is injected with certainty and does not beat around the bush.
You may download our Blank Affidavit Forms to suit your needs for legal matters. These are available in Doc and PDF formats.
Personal Affidavit Form in PDF
Personal Affidavit Form Example
Simple Personal Affidavit Form
Personal Property Small Estate Affidavit Form
The Relevance of a Personal Affidavit Form
A personal affidavit or any kind of affidavit is important since these will serve as a commitment to truthfulness. If the affiant defies the statement he made with an oath to speak only the truth, he or she will be subject to perjury charges to be declared by the jury. Affidavits should be written with legitimate information only. Affidavits also serve as physical evidence that a person narrated the incidents in his own words should the affidavit be presented to the court.
Overall, affidavits are legal documents drafted with legitimate information by the affiant and should not be riddled with faulty or false statements. Such a document is used exclusively for the court. It should also be kept confidential unless stated otherwise by the jury.
If you want more samples of affidavit forms – be it a Sworn Affidavit Form, Affidavit of Name change, Affidavit of Small Estate, Affidavit of Death, a Financial Affidavit Form, Affidavit of Support, or even General Affidavit Forms – we have these all here on our website. Downloads are free and available for all samples and templates here.
Sample Sworn Affidavit Form - 8+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Sample Guardianship Affidavit Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Affidavit Form For Marriage - 11+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Relationship Affidavit Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Affidavit Form - 15+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Blank Affidavit Form Samples - 19+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample General Affidavit Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
7+ Blank Affidavit Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
21+ Affidavit Form Examples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Affidavit of Service Forms - 10 Free Documents in PDF, Doc
7+ Sworn Affidavit Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Affidavit Forms in Doc - 20+ Free Documents in Word
Sample Financial Affidavit Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Personal Budget Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF ...
8+ Correction Affidavit Form - Free Sample, Example, Format ...