A guardian is a person who looks after a ward, an individual whose unable to stand by himself. A Guardianship Affidavit is needed to assure that both the guardian and the ward is safe with each other’s presence. The guardian should state in the document that he is capable enough to provide for the ward’s well-being and financial interests. The written statements in the affidavit form will be confirmed by an oath or an affirmation. This form is a legal document which will be signed under the witness of a notary public.
Click on the highlighted link to view other samples of Affidavit Forms.
Sole Guardian Affidavit
Example Affidavit of Guardianship Form
Guardians Fund Affidavit Form
Affidavit of Guardianship Form in Doc
Affidavit of Liability and Guardianship
Significance of a Guardianship Affidavit
A Guardianship Affidavit is important since it will serve as basis if a person is legible enough to take care of a ward. If the guardian fails to do what he swore on the oath, he will lose his guardianship. This also shows the family background of the guardian and the ward, which is an important aspect in knowing a person. The affidavit will also serve as physical evidence that the details written on it were the statements made by the guardian himself.
Quick Tips for Making a Guardianship Affidavit
- Be straightforward. Let the authority know what is the purpose of your affidavit. Include the reason why you want to be a guardian of that certain person.
- Be factual. The authority can hire surveyors to your location for them to know what you really are, so there is no point in lying. Indicate what your occupation and what benefit you can give to the ward.
- Be prepared. This includes knowing the ward inside out. You should keep track of his significant life events since the court might ask you some details about him.
Our website also offers General Affidavit Forms, available for free and easy download.
Affidavit of Temporary Guardianship Form
Sample Affidavit of Guardianship
Free Affidavit of Guardianship Form
Affidavit of Guardianship Form in PDF
Key Elements for a Guardianship Affidavit Form
There are various formats for Guardianship Affidavit Forms, but they all have a few common components. If you have a Blank Affidavit Form, make sure these elements are present:
- Written Oath. This area should state the factual words sworn by the affiant in front of the jury.
- The Body of the Instrument. This is where the explanations and the credibility of the affiant to be a guardian will be specified.
- Signatures and Seals. The affiant’s signature should be above his printed name. Some states or counties consider applying seals to the document to affirm the guardianship’s legality.
Types of Affidavits for Guardianship
- Affidavits from the Professionals. This affidavit is for those registered physicians, clinical specialists, certified psychiatric nurses, nurse practitioners, or licensed psychologists who will assess a person’s need for having a guardian. The assessment should be verified with medical records and there should be no speculations since this document can be taken for courtroom testimony.
- Affidavits from the Witnesses. If a person will serve as a witness, he should state the reasons why a ward needs a guardian or why he is a legible person for the role. Included in the affidavit is the relationship between the witness and the ward, the range of years that they have known each other, and the specific interest of the ward that the witness can provide.
9+ Sample Small Estate Affidavit Forms - Sample Example, Format
Affidavit Form Sample - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
7+ Blank Affidavit Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Sworn Affidavit Form - 8+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Sample Financial Affidavit Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Small Estate Affidavit Form - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
11+ Sample Free Affidavit Forms - Sample, Example, Formt
Sample Affidavit of Domicile Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Affidavit Form - 15+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
10+ Affidavit Forms For Marriage - Sample, Example, Format
Sample Blank Affidavit Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
General Affidavit Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Witness Affidavit Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
8+ Correction Affidavit Form - Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Affidavit of Residency Forms