There are various reasons for preparing Statement Forms, in particular financial statements or profit and loss statements. The most obvious of these reasons is for documentation and to track a business’s revenues and investments over a course of time. These profit and loss statements can then be used when applying for a loan or a loan modification in the case of incurring losses.
Don’t know where to start when preparing this essential document? Template.net has you covered with these free samples and professionally outlined templates. You can download them in PDF or Excel formats and modify them at absolutely no cost.
Profit and Loss Statement for Loan Modification
Standard Profit and Loss Statement
Profit and Loss Statement Excel
Profit and Loss Statement for Mortgage
Profit and Loss Statement for Service Business
Some Things to Keep in Mind When Filing a Profit and Loss Statement
- Prepare a statement for the last quarter term (a 3-month period), or as a monthly statement. If it is the former, make sure to indicate the date range. For monthly statements, clearly indicate the month and year.
- Make sure the business name you put in the header matches the one you have registered for the business’s bank account or license.
- In one column, itemize all revenues, income, sales, or commissions received by the business. Sum up the figures in this column for a “Total Revenue” or “Total Gross Income.”
- In a separate row, itemize business costs. Find the “Total Costs of Sales.”
- In a third row, itemize business expenses – such as those spent in advertisements and marketing, transport, rent, utilities, supplies, employee benefits, and other fees for business purposes. Calculate your “Total Expenses.”
- Subtract “Total Costs” and “Total Expenses” from your “Total Revenue” to get your “Net Profit” – or, if you get a negative number (when Expenses and Costs are greater than total Income or Revenue), your “Net Loss.”
On a related note for employers and business owners
In addition to keeping track of revenues and expenses, you also need to keep track of your hired personnel. Template.net also covers free samples of Employee Statement Forms to help you out in every area of your business’s paperwork.
Using These Templates
These free form templates can be downloaded for free and customized in your favorite PDF reader and editor before being printed out. There are also .xls files you can open and customize on Excel.
Keep in mind the above guidelines and make sure you change the names, items, and figures to reflect your business’s details.
Profit Loss Statement Worksheet
Hotel Profit and Loss Statement
Rental Property Profit and Loss Statement
Printable Profit and Loss Statement
Income Statement Forms
Income Statement Forms allow you to summarize and keep track of your company’s revenues and business expenses in order for you to grasp an overall picture of where your business is standing financially, where it’s at.
Business Financial Statement Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents ...
6+ Sample Ledger Account Forms - Sample, Example, Format
Sales Tracking Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Financial Information Release Forms - 8+ Free Documents ...
12+ Sample Payrolle Deduction Forms
35+ Accounting Forms – Free Sample, Example, Format Download ...
Sample Financial Evaluation Forms - 10+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Employee Expense Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Budget Forms
Sample Printable Business Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Reaffirmation Agreement Forms - 8+ Free Documents in ...
10+ Sample Basic Accounting Forms - Free Sample, Example, Format
22+ Sample Receipt Form - Free Documents in PDF
7+ Marketing Assessment Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
45+ Agreement Forms in Word