People often confuse the difference between a sales contract and a bill of sale. What one has to know is that a sales contract is always issued before a transaction take place, while the bill of sale is handed out after the transaction.
The reason why people need bill of sales is that it shows that both the buyer and seller have agreed to all the terms and conditions of the sale, and have finalized the exchange of the property being sold. Without a bill of sale, it is hard to validate whether or not both parties have concluded the transaction.
Boat Trailer Form
Bill of Sale for Boat
Blank Boat Bill of Sale
Boat Bill of Sale
What Is a Boat Bill of Sale?
A boat bill of sale is what is issued to a buyer of any particular type of watercraft. Like all other bill of sale forms, this type specifies what kind of boat is being sold and it ensures that the buyer obtains all rights to ownership and usage of the particular watercraft.
The boat bill of sale also provide specifics such as the color, model, and manufacturer of the boat. And those who issue this particular type of bill of sale must also make use of Boat Bill of Sale Forms to properly document all the information it contains.
How to Write a Boat Bill of Sale
When making use of any Sample Blank Bill of Sale Form and writing the information that should be in it, one must know to make sure to provide the following:
- Date of when the bill of sale was issued
- Names of the buyer and the seller
- Contact details and address of both the buyer and the seller
- Name of the vessel
- Vessel’s port of registry
- Details of the boat such as make and model
- Statement regarding the transfer of ownership and that is free from damages except for what was stated on the vessels’ register.
Basic Boat Bill of Sale
New Bill of Sale Form
Boat Bill of Sale in PDF
Simple Boat Bill of Sale Form
How to Buy and Sell a Boat
When buying a boat, one must:
- Consider what the boat is to be used on either protected or offshore waters
- Know the type of boat is best for the type of weather usually experienced in the buyer’s area
- Understand the type of motor that the boat requires to understand the kind of performance it will bring
- Knowing your overall budget to help you decide which boat best suits you
When selling a boat:
- Know how much to price your boat for. Look up different ads or newspaper classifieds to boats similar to yours, or talk to dealers to help you understand how much your boat should go for.
- Know where and when to sell it. You may decide to sell it yourself, or have a yacht broker help you during complex boat negotiations.
- Prep your boat to make sure it looks presentable to the buyer. A buyer would not want to purchase a damaged and dirty watercraft, so make sure to clean it before showcasing the boat to potential clients.
In the event that you decide to buy or sell a boat, always be sure to make use of any of our Free Bill of Sale Sample Forms to help you issue one for a boat during any transaction. You may also go through our other General Bill of Sale Forms to help you create other bill of sales for other properties.
FREE 11+ Bill of Sale Forms and Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Firearm Bill of Sale Forms in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Bill of Sale For Car in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Bill of Sale Car Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 9+ Sample Boat Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Gun Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 12+ Sample Bill of Sales in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Auto Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Bill of Sale Forms for Gun in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Bill of Sale Vehicle Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Sample Vehicle Bill of Sales Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 6+ Sample Motorcycle Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Bill of Sale in MS Excel | PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Bill of Sale Forms For Vehicle in PDF | MS Word