Whether you are in the business of trading in goods and services, or you merely want to make a private sale more official, having the right Bill of Sale Forms is important. This goes especially for vehicle sales. It is common law in most places for vehicles to have a bill of sale before car titles can be transferred or a vehicle can be registered.
A bill of sale – basically the receipt of the sales transaction – will legally transfer the ownership rights and interests of the vehicle from seller to buyer for an agreed price.
For your use and reference, here is a list of free vehicle of sale sample bills that you can download for free as PDF files.
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale PDF
Private Vehicle Bill of Sale
Parts Vehicle Bill of Sale Form
Vehicle Trade Bill of Sale Sample
Vehicle Purchase Bill of Sale
How to Use These Samples
We have included here the most usable, generic bill templates for unspecified vehicles (in case what you are selling is more than just a car).
- The unbranded samples are great templates that you can download, print, and use for official, private transactions right away.
- These can be used for any vehicle that can be registered – car, truck, van, trailer, boat, motorbike, helicopter, you name it. If it can be registered, it can be billed.
- The branded forms can be used as good references for official sales receipts used in actual organizations dealing in motor vehicles, most famously the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles), which exists in several US states.
- (You might also be interested in other Sample DMV Bill of Sale Forms.)
- Note: If you own a scrapyard or are holding a garage sale, selling parts of vehicles would also merit a bill of sale. See the third free sample from the DMV for reference.
How to Write a Vehicle Bill of Sale
If you are using these samples as guidelines in drafting your own bill of sale, make sure you have these DMV-approved details in your form:
- Type of vehicle, whether it is a motor vehicle, a motorcycle, a boat, or any other vehicle type
- Information of the vehicle, such as the make and model, year, odomoter reading, and the VIN or vehicle identification number
- Buyer’s and seller’s personal information, such as their names, addresses, and signatures
- Transaction date or purchase date
- Final price for purchase
These are the basic details you will find in many other Sample General Bill of Sale Forms.
Printable Vehicle Bill of Sale
Vehicle Registration Bill of Sale
Vehicle Transfer Bill of Sale Example
Vehicle/Vessel Bill of Sale
Standard Vehicle Bill of Sale
Printable Vehicle Bill of Sale
Trade is a diverse art as well as a science. Understanding what a bill is and what makes a good bill is only step one to a successful, efficient, legal sale. These bills will vary in form and amount of detail depending on the transaction.
If you happen to be selling heavy machinery, for example, feel free to check out our Sample Equipment Bill of Sale Forms. These are available for download as free Word document and PDF files.
FREE 11+ Bill of Sale Forms and Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Firearm Bill of Sale Forms in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Bill of Sale For Car in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Bill of Sale Car Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 9+ Sample Boat Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Gun Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 12+ Sample Bill of Sales in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Auto Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Bill of Sale Forms for Gun in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Bill of Sale Vehicle Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Sample Vehicle Bill of Sales Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 6+ Sample Motorcycle Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Bill of Sale in MS Excel | PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Bill of Sale Forms For Vehicle in PDF | MS Word