Counseling is a form of therapy that allows an individual to talk about his problems and feelings in a confidential setting. A trained counselor listens with empathy and helps in dealing with any negative thoughts or emotions that an individual vents out during a session. Counseling promotes personal, social, educational, and career development, and helps to enhance an individual’s morale.
In a school setting, a guidance counselor is the best person who attends to the counseling needs of a student, a parent, a guardian, or a professional associate. Through a support system, student planning, and guidance curriculum instruction, counselors are able to promote student achievement and provide support to students in varied methods or approaches.
Student Counseling Feedback Form
Student Counseling Referral Form
Professional Student Counseling Form
Student Counseling Intake Form
Student Academic Counseling Form
Most schools offer a counseling service for free, which students can avail of. Counseling provides a chance for students to talk to an impartial expert in a confidential environment. This allows students to freely explore their true feelings and be offered support without judgement. Trained counselors do not simply give out advice. Since each individual is unique in their own way, counselors usually encourage discussions aimed at helping individuals understand their situation and what would help them best.
The Process of Counseling
Counseling sessions generally follow a step-by-step procedure that is vital to the therapy process of an individual. Generally, a student will have the chance to:
1. Ask as to the type of questions that they might be asked during the session.
2. To render questions as to why they’re being receiving the session or make a statement as to why they need it.
3. The benefits of doing these sessions.
4. Have a choice of whether or not they would like to continue their session.
5. To come to an understanding and forming a client-counselor relationship through every session.
6. Evaluate the factors that contribute to his or her problems
7. To determine the steps needed to be taken stop these problems.
8. Hear all the advice that will aid him or her.
9. Have their responses properly recorded and assessed.
10. Terminate the session.
Student Counseling Form in PDF
Student Counselling Registration Form
Student Counseling Form Example
Student Counseling Form in Word Format
Most students approach counselors due to the following problems, but the reasons are not limited to these:
- Adjusting to a new culture
- Family Problems
- Relationship Issues
- Social Anxiety
- School Problems
- Sexual Abuse
- Suicidal Tendencies
- Eating Disorders
Why Students Need Counseling
- To aid in a student’s development and clarification of goals.
- To guide a student in the proper choice of courses.
- To help a student develop a readiness for choices and changes to face new challenges.
- To motivate students for self-employment.
- To help in identifying oneself.
- To help the students in their period of turmoil and confusion.
- To provide special attention and opportunities to gifted or handicapped students.
- To make up for the deficiencies of home.
- To minimize the incidences of indiscipline.
Counseling, when done right, yields a lot of positive results for a student’s overall improvement. It helps them battle through depression, find their own identity, and boost their self-esteem. Counseling should be done properly and objectively and must be documented in order to reference or provide therapy to a student. Using Counseling Forms, such as our Performance Counseling Forms and School Counseling Forms, aids in the proper documentation of a counseling session to ensure that students are able to receive proper therapy for improvement.
Sample Counselling Consent Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Student Consent Form - 10+ Sample Free Documents in PDF
Employee Counseling Form Sample - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Student Registration Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample School Evaluation Form - 11+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample School Registration Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Target Application Form - 9+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Sample Informed Consent Forms - 11+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
31+ Sample Student Evaluation Forms
7+ Sample Target Application Forms - Sample, Example, Format
9+ Sample Rental Verification Forms
Sample Statement of Information Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
8+ Insurance Complaint Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
Sample Peer Assessment Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Printable Business Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF