Every business makes use of vehicles for business purposes, even self-employed businessmen. For them to track the cost of using such vehicles, they need Mileage Tracker Forms. These forms calculate total expenses for the mileage by multiplying the number of miles driven to the cost of fuel consumption per mile.
If you are a company looking for Mileage Tracker Forms, look no further. See our pre-made samples below which you can easily download and use as basis for your own forms. If you need to track other things, you may also see our Tracking Forms for more downloadable samples and information.
Printable Mileage Tracker Form
Free Mileage Tracker Form
Business Mileage Tracker Form
Blank Mileage Tracker Form Example
Uses of Mileage Tracker Forms
- Travel Expense Reimbursement – There are times when companies let their employees use their own vehicles or utilize a company vehicle to go on business trips. Business trips are necessary for the development and improvement of a company, and sometimes employees do not get a travel advance to fund such trips. But the employer does provide a reimbursement after the trip. For the transportation expense reimbursement to be as accurate as possible, Mileage Tracker Forms are used.
- Business Financial Statements – Businesses generate a financial statement quarterly or annually to assess how well their company is doing in terms of profit and finance. As we all know, a company’s profit is calculated by deducting their total expenses from their total income. And every expense, including vehicle and transportation expenses, has to be calculated under total expenses, which is when Mileage Tracker Forms come in handy.
- Tax Calculation – Self-employed business owners can claim business mileage expenses, which can reduce the profit of their company, which in turn, also reduces the tax they have to pay to the government. This is because every expense that is used for business purposes can be claimed as a tax deduction. It is important that the mileage recorded was indeed for a business purpose.
Mileage Tracker Form in PDF
Vehicle Mileage Tracker Form
Official Mileage Tracker Form
Information to Be Included on Mileage Tracker Forms
- Personal Details – This is of the employee who used the vehicle, which includes his name, address, and contact number.
- Employment Details – This includes his job title, employment number or employment ID, his respective department, and his immediate supervisor.
- Year – This is if the Mileage Tracker is for calculating annual expenses. But if it is for travel expense reimbursements, the departure date and return date would suffice.
- Mileage Log – This constitutes the lengthiest part of the Mileage Tracker Form. This is where you provide details about the date and time the vehicle was driven, where the employee drove to (location), the odometer reading before and after the drive, and the total mileage. The purpose of the transportation should also be indicated so that the expense can be deemed reasonable and practical. And the total mileage is derived from the difference of the odometer reading before and after the drive.
- Total Car Expenses – If this is necessary, it is calculated by multiplying the total mileage driven to the cost of fuel per mile. Parking fees and toll fees may also be included.
If necessary, the person driving the vehicle should also affix his signature to certify that the information on the form is accurate and complete. You may also see our Sales Tracking Forms to keep track of your sales, whether monthly, quarterly, or annually.
Sample Employee Tracking Form - 7+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc ...
Sample Behavior Tracking Forms - 10+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Sample Mileage Reimbursement Forms Sample Forms
Tracking Form Examples
Sales Tracking Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Claim Form Template
Travel Expense Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Expense Reimbursement Form - 11+ Free Documents in ...
39+ Free Claim Forms
17+ Sample Reimbursement Forms
10+ Sample Invoice Forms
Sample Self Employment Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
8+ Sample Employee Reimbursement Forms
9+ Sample Business Expense Forms
Free Expense Forms