Getting involved in a business industry, there are times when you will be required to make multiple business trips for either similar or different purpose/s. You will be required to travel a lot in order to represent the company and the business that you are involved with. As the business manager or owner, there are times when you need to assign one or two of your employees to attend these business events for you. Therefore, in order to ensure that your employees attend these important events on your behalf, you need to require them to submit a report with regards to the business trips and travels that they have been involved with. This could be done by securing a travel history form.
What is a Travel History Form?
Technically, a travel history form is a documentation of the recent or previous travels of an individual. This form is often used in order to track where and when the business events were held, and who among of the employees have represented the company or the business. Nevertheless, these travel history forms are not just to document the places where you have recently been, but also to help you track different specific information such as the following:
1. The Travel Mileage
This mileage pertains to the number of miles traveled by the individual, as well as the volume of fuel used for the transportation. Tracking the mileage of the different trips or travels would help the business management conduct a proper budget allocation for the transportation fuel and other traveling expenses. This is to avoid the employees from spending their personal cash or money on behalf of the company. The details or information of mileage could also be documented with the use of mileage report forms.
2. The Travel Reimbursements
The reimbursements are with regards to the amount of money spent by the employee or representative during the business trips or travels held at a certain location. Therefore, these pertained expenses are basically with regards to the amount spent that were not catered from the travel budget given to the employee or representative. For those employees who are planning to request for reimbursements, they could fill out the reimbursement request forms.
3. The Travel Information
This is with regards to where the specific business events were held and for what reasons. This will help you keep or secure a document with all the business trips and travels that you and/or employees have been involved to make your business is known to the public.
Travel History Form in Doc
Travel History Form Details
Travel History Information Form
The Essential Documents for Business Travels
All business trips or travels come with the requirements that should be submitted by the employee or the representative who is or are appointed to attend on behalf of the company. Therefore, refer to the following below to know what are the essential documents that each individual must provide. You may also see sample travel medical forms
1. Travel Medical Clearance
Employees are not permitted to attend any business trip or travel if they are not qualified for their medical clearance. Securing this kind of clearance is one way for the company or the management to reduce the liabilities when there are some circumstances such as incident. Therefore, it is mandatory that each employee is certified to be cleared of any health complications, which could be worsened when traveling.
2. Travel Approval Form
When the employee or the representative is confirmed to be qualified for any business travels, the travel approval form should be filled out with the necessary information such as the following:
- The travel itinerary that specifies the exact date and time for the trip’s departure and arrival to the specific location.
- The list of company equipment or properties that are brought to the event. This is in order to ensure that these properties are returned to the company after the event in proper condition. Otherwise, the employee will either be liable for replacing these or paying for the damages.
- The estimated cost for the whole trip or travel. This is in order for the management to provide sufficient amount of the travel budget.
- The employee’s declaration or confirmation that he or she has read and has fully understood the travel policies and procedures.
- The manager’s or head’s approval for the business travel involvement of the employee or the representative.
3. Travel Insurance Claim Form
This claim form is often utilized when an employee suffers an injury while traveling for business purposes. With the use of the form, all specific details are documented to help the management understand and justify the reasons for claims. However, the acceptance of this form by the insurance company does not necessarily mean that the company is admitting the liabilities. Nevertheless, the incident report will still be investigated and reviewed thoroughly, by basing on the statements and pieces of evidence.
4. Travel Expense Form
The travel expenses are mandatory to be documented on the expense form. This is in order for the management to track how much is spent on the different incidentals or expenditures to make sure that they allocate the budget effectively and is sufficient for the different business travels. With the expense report forms, the employee will be able to indicate how much he has spent on the company’s behalf for reimbursement. This could also be done by filling out the travel reimbursement claim form which is used to document all the details of when the personal money was spent by the employee.
Interactive Travel History Form
Fillable Travel History Form
Trip or Travel History Form
The Importance of Travel History Forms
These forms designed for travel history are mandatory not only just to track the travel mileage reports, travel expenses, the reimbursements, claims, etc., but also for the following reasons:
1. When the person has been transmitted with a disease. It is important that the medical practitioners know where the person has been to determine if the disease was obtained from the places he or she recently was.
2. When the applicant applies for a job. Some companies would ask for the applicant’s travel history.
3. When the person applies for a security clearance and various kinds of thorough background checks are conducted. Technically, the travel history is also essential for the management to know the person’s recent travels for security purposes.
4. When the person files a visa application. The application form for a visa is often filled out when the applicant wishes to enter other countries and asked for the permission to stay over a period of time.
These are the common reasons why travel history forms are necessarily completed and documented.
The Essential Travel History Information
In recording the travel history, the few information that is necessary to be filled out on the form are the following:
- The representative or the employee information.
- The medical history information.
- The travel specifics or trip information.
- The budget allocated for each trip or travel.
- The travel itinerary with detailed specifications.
- Other attached documents that are necessary (medical clearance, travel approval or consent, etc.)
For some companies, they would often conduct a further assessment which includes the travel history of the individual for the past five years.
Student Travel History Form
Travel Medical History Form
Tips for Documenting Travel History
While documenting your travel history, there are a few things that you need to consider. Refer to the following below to know what these are.
1. Make sure that all information you input in the travel history form for travel is correct and accurate. Know that any falsification of the information would cause some consequences.
2. All expenditures must be documented in order for the management to track how much should be allocated for the travel budget.
3. Make sure that all information is finalized and documented using the travel expense report form.
4. Do not forget to list all the details and information with regards to the amount spent on personal cash. This is in order to notify and ask for reimbursement for the expenses incurred during the event, trip, or travel.
5. Require the employees or the representatives to take note of the details of what the event or trip was about. This is to know if the event is helpful for the business development and growth.
6. The forms should be submitted within the specified period of time in order to avoid any delays in the individual’s application or process. Submission of incomplete information would result in further interrogation with regards to the application or submission of the form.
7. The history forms that are required for some applications should be submitted to the authorized person in order for the process to be completed on time.
8. Review and finalize the details or information written in the travel history form before it is submitted.
These are few of the basic tips that you could refer to when documenting the travel history for the different business trips or events held for a particular purpose. You may also like sample travel approval forms
Therefore, these travel history forms are utilized for two main reasons: to document all the travel histories for different purposes and to keep track and list all the different expenditures in order to have a proper budget allocation for the whole trip or travel. To gain further information with regards to these forms, refer to the following downloadable forms for travel history provided for you in this article. You may also check out sample travel forms
7+ Sample Travel Budget Forms
46+ Sample Travel Request Forms
12+ Travel Proposal Form Samples
9+ Sample Travel Approval Forms
9+ Travel Authorization Forms
8+ Sample Child Travel Consent Forms
8+ Travel Expense Forms
8+ Travel Authorization Sample Forms
7+ Travel Registration Form Samples
7+ Sample Travel Risk Assessment Forms
6+ Child Travel Consent Form Samples
6+ Travel Document Forms
9+ Travel Questionnaire Form Samples
7+ Travel Consent Form Samples
6+ Travel Reimbursement Forms