An Affidavit is a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation that’s usually used as evidence in court during testimonies. These make sure that there was a written testimony of things happening or occurring. If you’re going to hire a contractor, then you have to make sure that there are affidavits that show proof of what they did.
How would one go about that? In what situations would someone need an affidavit from a contractor and how would he or she get one?
Contractor Affidavit Forms are used to make sure that contractors agree to the written statements of the services they provided and anything else that they perform on the job.
Independent Contractor Affidavit Form
General Contractor Affidavit Form
Contractor Affidavit Form in PDF
The Different Types of Contractor Affidavit Forms
For those who wish for written statements on the progress of contractors, then he or she will need to know of the following types of forms:
- Independent Contractor Affidavit Forms are for those independent contractors that have no affiliation with any company or organization.
- Contractor Contract Affidavit Forms are used to make affidavits for the contracts of hired contractors.
- Contractor Verification Affidavit Forms are used to verify the affidavits of hired contractors.
- Labor and Materials Contractor’s Affidavit Forms are used to write written statements of the labor done and materials used by the contractor.
- Contractor’s Final Payment Affidavit Forms are forms for written statements for the contract’s final pay before the end of his or her services.
Contractor Verification Affidavit Form
Final Contractor Affidavit Form
Contractor Affidavit Form Example
Labor and Materials Contractor’s Affidavit Form
General Contractor Affidavit Form
The Importance of Contractor Affidavit Forms
A Contractor’s affidavit is a sworn statement prepared by the contractor and served to the Property Owner under the following circumstances:
- when final payment has become due under the prime contract;
- upon the Property Owner’s request when a progress report has become due;
- when the Contractor is terminated before the Project is completed.
If a Contractor fails to provide a Contractor’s Affidavit under any form of circumstances, then the Contractor will be deemed in default of its contract and lose their rights until corrected.
Having an affidavit means you have a documentation which will be used along with witness statements to prove the truthfulness of a certain statement in court. If somehow you get into any legal issues with a contractor, then having these affidavit forms can prove useful when ascertaining any testimonies that you may have.
You can even withhold contractor payments if they don’t provide the proper affidavit. All these written statements are very useful to ensure that the contractor fully optimizes himself during his work.
These kinds of forms are to make sure that the negotiation between the contractor and the person hiring the contractor can come into agreement.
Sample Personal Affidavit Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Service Contract Approval Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sworn Statement Form Samples - 7+ Free Documents in PDF
11+ Sample Lien Release Forms
Affidavit Forms - 112+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
9+ Sample Release of Lien Forms
7+ Generic Rental Agreement Form Samples - Free Sample ...
8+ Generic Purchase Agreement Form Samples
9+ Sample Rental Verification Forms
Installment Agreement Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Non Disclosure Agreement Sample - 11+ Free Documents in Word ...
Free Rental Agreement Form Sample - 9+ Free Documents in Doc ...
10+ Sample Grant Application Forms - Sample, Example, Format
Sample Rent Agreement Form - 7+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Sales Proposal Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF