A Rental Agreement is a legal and enforceable document used in the rental business. This stipulates the terms, conditions, and restrictions involved in the rental of a property. The property could either be a room, an apartment, a whole house, a car, or a heavy equipment. The purpose of the rent could either be for personal use or business use. If the property being rented out is a house, a room, or an apartment, then a Tenancy Agreement Form is to be used. Writing General Agreement Forms is not an easy task, but one that has to be accomplished to ensure a continuous and worry-free business.
Room Rental Agreement Forms
Room Rental Agreement Shared Housing
Room Rental Lease Agreement
Month-to-Month Residential Rental Agreement
What is a Periodic Rental Agreement?
A Periodic Rental Agreement is a kind of Tenant Agreement Form wherein the term goes by week to week or month to month. It could go on up to a year, but the most common is month to month since it coincides with employee wages which are given on a monthly basis. Unlike fixed term agreements, this type of tenant agreement does not end unless otherwise requested by the tenant.
How to Make a Rental Agreement
A Rental Agreement exists to protect the interests of both the lessor and the lessee. A Rental Agreement that cannot hold up in court would serve no purpose at all, so before you even think about writing a Rental Agreement, you should first know the laws and requirements in your state, because rental laws vary from state to state. After you have written or stated all the elements of a rental agreement, it is always best to have an attorney review it for errors. It is important that the rental agreement abides with state laws and covers all possible scenarios that could be a problem for lessors. You may also see our Purchase Agreement Forms used for purchases.
Car Rental Agreement Forms
Sample Car Rental Contract in PDF
Rental Agreement for a Motor Vehicle Parking Space
Car Rental Agreement in DOC
Equipment Rental Agreement Forms
Equipment Rental Agreement Example
Sample Equipment Rental Agreement
Master Equipment Rental Agreement
What is the Difference Between a Lease and a Rental Agreement?
- A lease is for a longer period of time, ranging anywhere from three months to 24 months. A rental agreement is for shorter periods of time, since rental agreements are usually automatically renewed on a month to month basis unless the lessee notifies the lessor or property owner that he will no longer be renting the property. If you are renting out an equipment for a construction project, you may also see our Construction Agreement Forms to stipulate the terms and conditions of the project.
- A lease has fixed terms that are stipulated on a lease agreement. Much like a Business Agreement Form, the terms on a lease are beneficial to both the lessor and the lessee, and cannot be changed without first obtaining the consent of the other. On the other hand, a rental agreement is more flexible since it is a month to month agreement. At the end of each month or 30 day cycle, either the lessor or the lessee can change the terms on the agreement.
- Early termination of a lease would have certain consequences that are also indicated on a lease agreement, whereas for rental agreements, the lessee would simply need to notify the lessor that he will no longer be renting the property for another month. There is not much commitment necessary for rental agreements as compared to a lease.
In the residential setting, a lease is for people who want to settle down and have a place to call home, while a rental agreement is for people who are only looking for a temporary home, such as students or people who are assigned to a new location for only a few months. Aside from our Rental Agreement Forms, you may also see our Service Agreement Forms if you are a company that provides professional services, internet services, or any other kind of service.
Home Rental Agreement Forms
Free Home Lease Rental Agreement
Mobile Home, House or Space Lease Agreement
Vacation Rental Agreement Forms
Vacation Property Rental Agreement
Vacation Rental Lease Agreement
Vacation Rental Application and Agreement
What is a Sublease Rental Agreement?
There are times when a tenant can no longer continue leasing a property for whatever reason. Let’s say someone is renting a two-bedroom apartment, and he gets reassigned to another city for a few months. Since it would be more cost-effective, he can sublet or rent out his apartment to someone else while he is away. It is important to know that a Sublease Rental Agreement is based on the original Rental Residential Agreement Form that the original tenant has with the landlord. A landlord also has to stipulate on that original Rental Agreement if subletting is allowed or not, since it could be a potential inconvenience for the landlord, especially since they cannot really choose the subtenant for themselves.
How to Fill Out a Rental Agreement
A Rental Agreement has to be filled out with all the essential information for it to be enforceable. It is also important to keep in mind that it is the responsibility of the lessee to read and understand all the stipulations on the agreement so that he will know what he is getting into. Last but definitely not the least, the lessee has to affix his signature on the agreement. The same goes for every other kind of Agreement Form, like Volunteer Agreement Forms.
Roommate Rental Agreement Forms
Sample Roommate Agreement
Room-Mate Addendum to Lease
Sample Roommate Addendum to Rental Agreement
Rental Agreement Forms in PDF
Event Space Rental Agreement
Instrument Rental Agreement
Hall Rental Application and Agreement
Catering & Tent Rental Agreement
Ten Things You Should Include in Your Rental Agreement
- Parties. This includes an identification of both the lessor and the lessee, who are the only parties involved in a Rental Agreement.
- Term. This is the length of the rental. The conditions for termination should be included as well.
- Rent. The agreement should include the payment amount and when you are expected to settle it.
- Occupancy. This is the limit on how many people or tenants can live in the property. For vehicle rental agreements, it should be stated as to how many people will be using the vehicle.
- Fees. This would include the security deposit and late fees, if there are any.
- Maintenance. Usually, a lessee’s responsibility is cleaning and repairing damages that he caused.
- Entry. This tackles the right of the lessor to enter the premises to do repairs on the property.
- Behavior. It should be determined what activities or behavior are grounds for termination of the agreement.
- Pets. If pets are allowed, specify the maximum number and type of pets allowed.
- Alterations. It should be stated whether the lessee is allowed to alter the property in any way.
A lessor has to include all these things on his Rental Agreement to ensure that his property and interests are protected. Aside from the use of Rental Agreement Forms, some business owners also use Partnership Agreement Forms when they go into partnerships, and Loan Agreement Forms when they need to take out a loan to expand their business.
10+ Sample Home Rental Agreement Forms
7+ Generic Rental Agreement Form Samples - Free Sample ...
Blank Rental Agreement Forms
Sample Basic Rental Agreement Form - 11+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Lease Agreement Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Residential Lease Agreement Samples - 10+ Free Documents in ...
Rent Agreement Forms
Rental Agreement Sample Form - 10+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Lease Agreement Forms
Basic Lease Agreement Forms
Sample Rental Agreement Form - 11+ Free Documents in word, PDF
Sample Commercial Rental Agreement Forms - 10+ Free ...
Rental Lease Agreement Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Rental Agreement Form - 10+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Month-to-Month Rental Agreement Forms