Residential lease agreements fall under that branch of Agreement Forms, which deals with leasing rooms or renting out residential buildings that you own. (This is vastly different from residential sublease agreements.)
With these forms, a property owner (called the lessor or landlord) comes into agreement with a tenant (lessee) who wishes to pay to rent the property for a length of time.
If you are a property-owner looking to lease, use these free templates and samples to guide you in drafting a residential lease agreement.
All samples and templates are free of charge and provide an excellent, comprehensive reference.
Sample Residential Lease Agreement Form
Free Residential Lease-Rental Agreement Form
Month to Month Residential Lease Agreement Form
Printable Residential Lease Agreement Form
Free Basic Residential Lease Agreement Form
How to Use These Templates
- As prototypes. If you find something that meets your needs perfectly, it’s a simple matter to download for free in one click, and print them out.
- As base templates. Download for free as either PDF or Doc files (depending on the available file format) and edit using your favorite PDF editor or word processor. These forms contain the basic details all lease agreements should cover, but you can modify them to better reflect your own terms.
- As reference samples. From the sample Tennessee Residential Lease Agreement Form, you can get an idea of how lease agreement contracts can be modified to reflect the local law.
For more free samples and templates on this topic, check out the other collections of
Sample Residential Lease Forms and Sample House Lease Agreement Forms available on Template.net.
Generic Residential Lease Agreement Form
Residential Real Estate Lease Agreement Form Format
Example of Residential House Lease Agreement Form
Tennessee Residential Lease Agreement Form
Residential Lease Purchase Agreement Form in Word
Additional Resources for Landlords
The residential lease agreement is only one step of the whole process for a landlord. Documentation-wise, it is usually the second step.
Before an agreement can be proposed, you will have to receive and look through tenant applications. Here are some free resources on Template.net for this purpose:
After this, you would need an agreement. If you want more
Sample Lease Agreement Forms, check these out for starters:
- 9+ House Rental Agreements, including samples for vacation homes and furnished houses
- 10+ Simple Rental Agreements available in PDF and Word doc, covering a useful range: from week-to-week rentals to commercial rental agreements, to others for renting equipment and vehicles
After the lease agreement and during tenancy, there may be a chance for eviction or relocation. A relocating tenant may ask for a Landlord Reference Letter from you as a recommendation to the new landlord. Some resources to help you in either situation: