Power of Attorney Forms are legal documents that allow you to authorize another person to make your important decisions for you in case something happens that prevents you from making those decisions yourself. This authorized person (or persons) will be called your agents or “attorneys-in-fact.” You will be called their principal or “donor.”
Assigning your agents now will prepare you for unexpected illnesses or accidents. Don’t wait until something terrible happens before you decide who will handle your important affairs for you.
Here is a collection of free power of attorney (POA) forms that you can download for free so you can start planning.
Sample Durable Power of Attorney Form
Medical Power of Attorney Form in PDF
Limited Power of Attorney Form
Financial Power of Attorney Form
Lasting Power of Attorney Form
The Different Types of POA
You can see we provided a variety of different forms, because there are different kinds of powers you can assign your agents.
In terms of scope of power, POAs come in 2 types:
- General: broad authority over all medical and financial affairs (you will need the General Power of Attorney Forms for this type)
- Limited (Special): narrow scope, defined set of responsibilities (for example: medical matters, financial affairs, etc.)
In terms of duration and time of effect, POAs can be of 2 types:
- Durable: Also called “enduring,” or “lasting,” which means the attorney-in-fact’s power continues even after you have become incapacitated (you will have to sign them to Durable Power of Attorney Forms)
- Springing: Also called “conditional,” which means the agent can only act in certain circumstances when you are incapable of acting
How to Use These Templates
- Choose a form that best suits your needs, and download for free
- Meet with your chosen nominations for agents and discuss what you’re doing and why you have chosen them
- Fill in the important information
- Get the form signed and notarized in the presence of a notary public (and/or witnesses)
- Give each agent a copy of their own signed and notarized forms and keep the original safe
Special Power of Attorney Form
Blank Power of Attorney Form Example
Enduring Power of Attorney Form
Health Care Power of Attorney Form
Temporary Power of Attorney Form
SampleForms.com holds a host of free power of attorney templates you could download as samples or as actual documents you could use.
Enter “Power of Attorney” in our search field to access our archives, and you could find forms such as this collection of Medical Power of Attorney Forms to joint power of attorney forms.
Beyond that, SampleForms.com provides more limited and general POA forms for special circumstances:
- health care power of attorney and medical directives,
- powers of attorney for legal and financial affairs,
- military power of attorney,
- property power of attorney, and more.
Bonus tip: Be sure to note the irrevocable and revocable power of attorney forms, which allow you (as the principal) to either revoke the power assigned, or legally forfeit this power.
8+ Sample Financial Power of Attorney Forms
8+ Sample PA Power of Attorney Forms
7+ Specific Power of Attorney Samples
Special Power of Attorney Form - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Power of Attorney Forms in PDF
Sample Power of Attorney Form Free - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
Power of Attorney Form Template
Power of Attorney Document - 10+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
30+ Free Power of Attorney Forms
Legal Sample Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Health Care Directive Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
12+ Sample Guardianship Forms
10+ Sample Real Estate Forms
Free Will Forms