An Affidavit of Support Form is an example of an Affidavit Form wherein an individual accepts financial responsibility for another person, usually a relative, and signs a legal document to proceed with the visa immigration process for the relative who is coming into the United States for permanent residence. The person who signs the Affidavit of Support becomes the Sponsor of the individual coming to live in the United States. The Sponsor is usually the petitioner of an immigrant petition for a family member.
Below are a few examples of Affidavit of Support Forms that you can download and use for free.
Affidavit of Support Form Example
Affidavit of Support Form for Student
Affidavit of Support Form in PDF
Affidavit of Financial Support Form
Affidavit of Support Form for Parents
Individuals falling under the categories below do not need to file an Affidavit of Support Form:
- An individual who can be credited with 40 qualifying quarters of work in the United States.
- An individual who has approved a Petition for Amerasian, Widow, or Special Immigrant, as a self-petitioning Widow or Widower.
- An individual who has an approved Petition for Amerasian Form as a battered spouse of child.
- Orphans adopted by US citizens abroad if a full and formal adoption takes place before the orphan acquires permanent residence and both adoptive parents have seen the child before or during adoption.
Sponsors for Affidavit of Support
If you filed an immigrant visa petition for your relative, you must be the Sponsor. You must also be at least 18 years old and a US citizen or a permanent resident for you to be eligible to be a Sponsor.
Here are two types of Sponsors permitted and eligible for filing an immigrant visa petition:
- Joint Sponsor – Someone who is willing to legally accept responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A Joint Sponsor must meet all the similar requirements that you have, except the Joint Sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant.
- Substitute Sponsor – In events where the visa petitioner has died after the petition has been approved but the US Citizenship and Immigration Services decides to push through with it anyway, a Substitute Sponsor must file an Affidavit of Support Form in place of the deceased petitioner. To be a Substitute Sponsor, one must be a US citizen or national or a permanent resident, at least 18 years of age, be domiciled in the US, meet all the financial requirements of a sponsor, and must be related to the individual or a legal guardian of the beneficiary.
Immigration Affidavit of Support Form
Affidavit of Child Support Form
Free Affidavit of Support Form Example
Sponsor Affidavit of Support Form
Professional Affidavit of Support Form
Individuals Eligible to Submit an Affidavit of Support Form
The following individuals listed below who wish to live in the United States are lawfully required to submit an Affidavit of Support Form completed by the the Petitioner to obtain an immigrant visa or adjustment of status. All immediate relatives of US citizens are eligible for immigration if they fall under one of the family-based preferences enumerated below:
- Unmarried adult sons and daughters of US citizens
- Spouses of permanent residents and unmarried children
- Married sons and daughters of US citizens, their spouses, and their unmarried minor children
- Brothers and sisters of adult US citizens, their spouses, and their unmarried minor children
Individuals who do not fall under the categories above do not need to submit an Affidavit of Support Form if they prove that they either:
- Already worked 40 qualifying quarters as defined in Title II of the Social Security Act
- Can be credited with 40 qualifying quarters as defined in Title II of the Social Security Act
- Are the child of a US citizen
Financial Affidavit Forms would certainly prove helpful to the Sponsor should they be asked to provide proof of their financial ability to shoulder the costs of taking care of the immigrant.
Sample Affidavit of Death Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Fact Affidavit Forms - 5+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Affidavit Form Sample - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
8 Fact Affidavit Form Samples – Free Sample, Example Format ...
Affidavit Forms in PDF
Sample Affidavit Form For Marriage - 11+ Free Documents in Word ...
The Main Use of Affidavit Forms
8+ Legal Affidavit Forms - Free Sample, Example, Format Download
Sample Affidavit Forms in PDF - 23+ Free Documents in PDF
Consent Affidavit Forms - 5+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
39 General Affidavit Forms in PDF
21+ Affidavit Form Examples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Child Support Agreement Forms - 8+ Free Documents in ...
20+ Affidavit Form Formats
Sample Affidavit Form - 15+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc