Mankind’s progress in history is marked by a series of interactions and transactions. And in particular, human societies are always painted with the constant exchange of waiving off something in favor for another. Economics, politics, and other social activities are painted using these colors. These exchanges manifest materially in the form of documents such as agreements, contracts, and waivers, which all of those, are for the mutual benefit of one another.
FREE 51+ Waiver Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
1. Children & Family Waiver Form
2. Waiver of Liability Statement Form
3. Waiver & Release of Liability Form
4. Participant Waiver Liability Form
5. Travel Acknowledgement Waiver Form
6. Volunteer Waiver Form
7. Medical Information Waiver form
8. Waiver Parental Consent Form
9. Waiver Court Form
10. Fee Waiver Request Form
11. Adult Release Waiver Form
12. Tournament Waiver Form
13. Referral Waiver Form
14. Authorisation Information Waiver Form
15. Over Payment Waiver Form
16. Waiver and Substitution Form
17. Employee Waiver Form
18. Prerequisite Waiver Request Form
19. Judicial Waiver Form
20. Study Abroad Waiver Form
21. Institutes Waiver Request Form
22. Online Waiver Form
23. Sub Contractor Waiver Form
24. Direct Entry Waiver Form
25. Bond or Permit Waiver Form
26. Waiver of Prepaid Cost Form
27. Admission Application Waiver Form
28. Course Waiver Form
29. Military Skill Test Waiver Form
30. Indemnification Roster Waiver Form
31. Eye Examination Waiver Form
32. Privacy Waiver Authorizing Form
33. Identification Waiver Form
34. Waiver of Sellers Form
35. Fellowship Recipients Waiver Form
36. Waiver of Coverage Form
37. Recommendation Waiver Form
38. Meal Break Waiver Form
39. Lien Waiver Form
40. Late Fee Waiver Request Form
41. Accident Waiver Form
42. Waiver Declaration Form
43. Undergraduate Course Waiver Form
44. Paintball Waiver Form
45. Parental Waiver & Consent Form
46. Camp Participation Waiver Form
47. Image Waiver Form
48. Swim Lesson Contract Waiver Form
49. Purchase Waiver Instruction Form
50. Scholarship Nomination Waiver Form
51. Sports Membership Waiver Form
52. Supplier Request for Waiver Form
How Do Waivers Help Us?
Waivers or a “liability release” is a legal document or form which is signed by parties who wishes to relieve themselves from any liabilities that may arise from a certain action. Businesses like hospitals may opt to use waivers to release themselves from criminal liability when they see the need to euthanize a patient. Professionals such as photographers also use a liability release to get their model’s permission to use their image and likeness.
Businesses and professionals do not only use waivers. Events like the film festivals, use a special kind of liability release called a submission fee waiver. These forms aim to help and encourage starving, struggling, yet talented filmmakers to bring their works to the forefront and showcase them to the public. This, in turn, gave such events the reputation as a launching pad for drawing out talent from the shadows of obscurity.
Waivers Forms and its Many Uses
In today’s society of implied politeness, permission, and absolution from the consequences of a particular action are widely used when boundaries needed to be crossed, in the name of innovation, and progressed. This is especially true when people’s lives are at stake. Perhaps, smallpox and other communicable diseases have ended their terror in this manner, to some degree or another. Pharmaceutical scientists, in fact, obtain permission from their patients whenever they need them to participate in medical testing.
Waivers, all in all, absolve a certain party from the liabilities, civil or criminal, that arise from a certain action or activity. Businesses, professionals, and organizations use waivers as a stepping stone to accomplish and complete an activity obstructed by the laws protecting individual rights. There are many kinds of waivers used in conjunction with these laws, and here are some of them:
- Medical Waiver: These are medical forms used by hospitals and medical facilities to obtain the permission of patients and their guardians to take part in an activity that may violate their basic rights. It also makes the patient and its guardians the risk and danger that comes with a particular medical procedure, as well. Medical waivers are also required by employers to certify that a job applicant is healthy enough for the job position that they’re applying for.
- Media Liability Release: Businesses and professionals in the field of recording and capturing images need explicit consent from its owners to use them legally. A media liability release enables them to do that. What these forms do, is that it formally gives the user permission to use those images, while at the same time, waiving the owner’s right over those as well.
- Debt Release: Owing someone a certain amount of money is always a burden for us. In fact, the feeling of being relieved from it is beyond any words. A debt release is a document that signifies your release from the obligations and liabilities that comes with a debt contract. It also officially waives a debtor’s claim over the debt, as well. Debts like a mortgage require a release form of its own to release a borrower’s property from a realtor’s lien.
- Sports Waiver: Athletes—the professional and the aspirant—fulfill an array of paperwork before they can bathe in the fame and fortune that’s innately imbued in the world of sports. Among these forms are sports waivers, which informs the inherent dangers, duties, and obligations of being an athlete. And aside form athletes, sports organizers also use sports waiver forms to release them from any legal liabilities that may arise from injury or any untoward incident.
Waivers: What’s in it for them?
The maze of legal technicalities and the overwhelming numbers of terms can be disorienting to any regular human being, thus, prohibiting them from having a full grasp of what a waiver truly is. For some time, waivers have been viewed with utmost suspicion and distrust. And, a lot of misconceptions and false statements have been said about them.
Waivers, despite the common misconception, does not strip an individual of its basic human rights. This should be the first thing that your clients need to understand. It should also be clear to them that these forms are for the mutual benefit and the success of the transaction itself. If you’re in a business where the use of waivers is a common occurrence, then erasing these misconceptions should be a top priority for you as well.
Letters of Absolution and Release
Perhaps, the idea of releasing oneself from liability and eternal damnation may have its origins in religion. The Roman Catholic Church, for example, gives this kind of option to those who have wilfully confessed their sins and excesses.
Letters of indulgence are letters of correspondence to God, pleading to forgive those who have broke the sacred law. It gave those who have sinned out of necessity to be absolved of their sins and the severe penalty it carries. In effect, these letters of correspondence waived a sinner’s liability to the people, the church, and even to God himself.
By the late Middle Ages, some members of the clergy saw the abuse of these privileges as a problem and a threat to christendom. Among these clergymen is Martin Luther, which saw these letters of forgiveness as a milking cow for the individual parishes and its priests. Yet, despite the criticisms that these letters of absolution and release, the influence that it gave to legal documents such as waivers, is utterly undeniable.
How to Help Clients Sign a Waiver
Businesses and professionals often use waivers to get a client’s permission and use it for the success of what they want to achieve. Clients, on the other hand, may or may not be aware of this. In some cases, clients themselves willfully submit to a waiver without fully understanding its contents. On some occasions, clients may also look at it with some degree of spite and distrust without even reading it as well. For you to erase such misconception and help your clients sign these with relative ease, here are the ways on how you can do it.
Step 1. Create a Waiver Form
For you to start in helping your client sign a waiver, and also clear some misconceptions and doubts, you must create a waiver first. To do that, you must first visit your attorney or any lawyer competent enough to give you advice on how to create them. It is always important to consult a lawyer on that matter, so as to prevent legal mishaps from happening from signing a poorly created waiver.
Step 2. Explain the Details to the Client
People have always been wary of legal documents, more especially if they’re used for commercial purposes. Waivers are not exempted from such doubts. Explaining the content, especially its stipulations such as its terms and conditions enable your clients to be enlightened to the agreement that they’re about to enter. It will also help you gain their trust and confidence in you and your business, as well.
Step 3. Sign the Waiver with your Client
Gaining a client’s trust and confidence is sacred for any business. And, after you’ve successfully done that, the next appropriate thing to do is to close the deal by signing the waiver itself. Waivers, like any type of agreement, is a two-way transaction where one party scratches the back of the other. It means that both you and your client’s signature are needed for it to take effect and become legally binding.
Step 4. Notarize the Waiver
Once you and your client are done signing the waiver, have it notarized so that such a deal will be documented as a public record. Aside from that, notarizing the waiver itself removes the shady reputation that most people would say about waivers in general. This way, it not only give your client the peace of mind that they need but also allows you to earn their trust and confidence as well.
Step 5. Hand the Notarized Copy to Your Client
Once you’re done with notarizing the waiver, hand a copy of the said form to the client so that he will be able to review it anytime. This is to further gain their trust and confidence. And aside from that, it will also remind them of the agreement that they entered as well. Upon handing the notarized waiver, don’t forget to give your client a firm handshake as a symbol of your sincerity to the deal between you and him.
Waivers are among the material manifestation of human interaction and transaction. Yet, with all the false accusations that have been thrown to it, waivers continue to be of wide use until today. Such is a testament to such a form’s trustworthiness and the sincerity behind the party that created it. Aside from that, waivers regulated by the law, which thereby guarantees and ensures the proper enforcement of its terms and conditions. With these being said, there is no reason why you shouldn’t use them in your transactions, lest sign one as well.
FREE 6+ Lien Waiver Forms in Samples, Examples, Formats
FREE 11+ Printable Liability Waiver Forms in Samples, Examples ...
FREE 9+ Sample Athlete Waiver Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 8+ Sample Lien Waiver Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 7+ Sample Accident Waiver Forms in WORD PDF
8+ Accident Waiver Forms
FREE 6+ Yoga Waiver Forms Samples, Examples, Formats
FREE 15+ Sample Medical Waiver Forms PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Appraisal Waiver Forms in Sample, Example, Format
FREE 11+ Sample Liability Waiver Forms PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Construction Lien Waiver Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 10+ Sample Waiver of Liability Forms in PDF DOC
FREE 7+ Accident Waiver Forms in WORD PDF
FREE 8+ Health Waiver Forms in Samples, Examples, Formats
FREE 8+ Sample Waiver Release Forms in PDF WORD