A Health Care Power of Attorney is a form of Health Care Directive that allows a person to appoint someone else, called a proxy or agent, to make decisions for his health care if he is unable to do so. It is important that you think carefully about who you want to be your health care agent. Choose someone you can trust and who knows you well. For this, you will be needing Health Care Power of Attorney Forms. Another type of Health Care Directive is the living will, which allows a person to plan for his future health care if he is ever unable to decide for himself.
Durable Power of Attorney Form for Healthcare
Blank Health Care Power of Attorney Form
Generic Health Care Power of Attorney Form
Medical Health Care Power of Attorney Form
Health Care Power of Attorney Versus Living Will
- So we now know that a Health Care Power of Attorney appoints someone to make your decisions for you if you are unable to do so, while a Living Will allows you to plan your future health care preferences.
- Another difference is that a Living Will can only be used if the patient becomes terminally ill with no hope of recovery or if he becomes permanently unconscious, while a Health Care Power of Attorney can be used even if the patient is only temporarily unconscious or unable to speak. Because a Living Will will be of no use, you would need Health Care Power of Attorney Forms to cover these situations.
While they are different forms of Health Care Directives, it is actually better to have these go together. You may even come up with a Health Care Directive that is a combination of the two so that you will be covered. A Living Will can also be important for your agent to know what your preferences are for medical treatment. It will act as a guide for your agent.
Medical Durable Power of Attorney Form for Health Care
Medical Enduring Power of Attorney Form
Health Care Power of Attorney Form in PDF
Health Care Power of Attorney Form Example
Steps to Making a Health Care Power of Attorney
- Choose potential agents. Meet with them so you can talk it out and tell them what your preferences would be. Your physician or any medical practitioner providing you with medical care and services cannot be appointed as your agent. You might also want to choose someone who is not a close family or relative, because their emotions at that time might get in the way of them making decisions that are no aligned with your personal values. You and your agents must all be over the age of 18.
- Fill out a Health Care Power of Attorney Form.
- Affix your signature and the date. Do this in the presence of two witnesses, who should also be over the age of 18, and the notary.
- Have the form notarized.
A Health Care Power of Attorney requires a lot of thought to be put into before you decide on anything. But if you ever need to make any changes – like if your agent has passed away or doesn’t want to serve as your agent anymore – you may choose to update this information. You may also see other PA Power of Attorney Forms for more samples.
23+ Printable Power of Attorney Forms
8+ Simple Power of Attorney Forms
Sample General Power of Attorney - 11+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Special Power of Attorney Form - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Health Care Directive Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
Power of Attorney Forms in PDF
30+ Free Power of Attorney Forms
Sample General Power of Attorney Form - 10+ Free Documents in ...
Power of Attorney Document - 10+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Specific Power of Attorney Samples
Sample Will Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Living Will Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
19+ Sample Medical Records Release Forms Sample Forms
9+ Health Proposal Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Health Care Tax Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF