Having a roommate means having a partner who will be helping out with the costs of both the lease or rent and the utilities in a rental property, as well as a partner who can talk to and have fun with. However, before any individual will be welcomed to be a tenant or a roommate, the landlord who is in-charge in the property should create a roommate agreement form to be signed by all tenants who will be residing in one room or in one property.
Roommate Agreement Form Sample
What Is a Roommate Agreement Form?
A roommate agreement form is a document which will enlist and define the rules, regulations, and the terms and conditions to be followed by individuals who will be renting or be residing in one room or property. The form will need to be constructed upon the addition of another tenant in the dwelling unit. Although the agreement is created after the master lease has been signed by the first tenants, the new tenants or roommates will still be bound to the terms of the master lease with additional clauses to observe in the new agreement.
Apartment Roommate Agreement Form
Basic Roommate Agreement Form
New Roommate Agreement Form
What’s In a Roommate Agreement Form?
There are important elements and sections which should be included and be discussed in a roommate agreement form, and these are enlisted below:
- The identifications of the roommates: Aside from the names of the roommates, their addresses, and contact information can also be collected in the form. In addition, their individual emergency contact details can also be stated in this section of the form.
- Payments and fees: This is where the amounts to be paid by each roommate will be defined such as the monthly rent, the fees for the utilities used, and the security deposit required to be provided before taking part in the agreement.
- Termination clause: The information to be focused in this section of the form will be the process of sending notices for informing the other roommates and the landlord or property owner about a termination. Moreover, an indication of whether or not the vacating roommate will be handling and be looking for the replacement will also be stated along with the number of days to be observed for the approval or declination of the remaining roommates towards the suggested replacement.
- Domestic responsibilities: Although living together in one room, domestic responsibilities will be bound individually to each roommate. The responsibilities and obligations must be enlisted in the form as well as its exceptions.
- Guests and visitation policies: One of the most common policies to state in this section would be the prohibition of overnight guests. This ensures that the premises and the occupants will be safe and secure from strangers who may cause harm, loss, and damage in their properties. Another policy to include is the limitation of visitors of each occupant or roommate in a day or in a week. This lessens the probability of overcrowding the room which should only be occupied by the registered roommates.
- Signature block: There should be lines for the names of each roommate, their signatures, and the date when they have agreed to follow and be bound by the terms in the agreement.
Roommate Agreement Form in DOC
Roommate Rental Agreement Addendum Form
Roommate Room Rental Agreement Form
Varieties of Roommate Agreement Forms
Automated Roommate Agreement Form – Automation is common nowadays since it makes most things easier especially when it comes to delivering documents and obtaining data and information from the document’s users. Furthermore, an automated roommate agreement form is the variety to use if a landlord prefers digital methods to inform his tenants and their roommates about the house rules and policies. With this form, a tenant will be able to easily fill out the entry fields by clicking on each field box and inputting his data, as well as reset his entries by clicking on the “reset” button.
Automated Roommate Agreement Form
Comfort Animal Roommate Agreement Form – Pets and animals make good companions especially in times when emotional support is needed. This is the reason why a comfort animal roommate agreement form will be made. The purpose of the form is to ask for permission in keeping a pet in the room or the premises of a property. In the form, the name of the resident or the roommate who will bring the animal or pet will have to be stated along with the name of the roommate who grants his consent in having the pet in the room. Both parties must then affix their signatures on the form along with the address of their building and their room number.
Comfort Animal Roommate Agreement Form
Off-Campus Roommate Agreement Form – This is the variety of roommate agreement form to use for students who want to stay in a room rental property outside the campus of a university. The form will specify the terms mandated by the property landlord for the resident student including the rental fees, charges, obligations, and policies in lieu of subletting his space to another tenant during particulars days or months. In addition, the list of house rules to be followed such as noise policies, leaving and using personal items, and smoking in the premises of the property will also be stated in the form.
Off-Campus Roommate Agreement Form
What to Add in a Roommate Agreement Form for Student Dormitories?
Student dormitories are rooms which contain numbers of beds for housing students. Due to the need for students to study and prepare for their classes, a roommate agreement form must include a “quiet hour” clause or provision. This clause should indicate the rules and regulations during a specific hour in a day which is allotted for studying in the dormitory.
Another item to include in a roommate agreement form for student dormitories would be the “parties and noise” clause. Since the “quiet hour” clause is specified for an hour of silence in the dormitory for studying, the “parties and noise” clause is for enlisting rules and regulations in hosting and attending parties in the dormitory or in a room. The details of the host’s responsibilities such as maintaining cleanliness, keeping the noise levels low, and in respecting the requests of the other roommates.
FREE 9+ Lease Agreement Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 31+ Sales Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 32+ Sales Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 30+ Sample Sales Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Marriage Agreement Forms [ Prenuptial Agreement, Cohabitation Agreement, Divorce Agreements ]
FREE 30+ Sample Service Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 38+ Service Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 23+ Purchase Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Property Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Vehicle Purchase Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Land Purchase Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 12+ Stock Purchase Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Asset Purchase Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Asset Purchase Agreements in PDF | MS Word
FREE 24+ Sample Business Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word