Generally, if an ill or injured person is admitted in a hospital, doctors will do everything they can and provide you with medical treatment to keep you alive. However, if you want specific details for your treatment, you would need an advanced healthcare directive to legally document them. A Medical Power of Attorney Form is one form of advanced healthcare directive that would allow you to appoint someone to make your healthcare decisions for you when you are psychologically incapable of doing so.
Free Medical Power of Attorney Form
Durable Medical Power of Attorney Form
Blank Medical Power of Attorney Form
Basic Medical Power of Attorney Form
Minor Child Medical Power of Attorney Form
Steps in Making a Medical Power of Attorney
- Before you even begin filling out Medical Power of Attorney Forms, you should first consider who your agent should be. You should choose someone whom you trust and who knows you well, but it would also be wise to not choose a close family member, because their emotions during such a turmoil may affect their decision-making and they may make decisions that are not in line with your personal values.
- Meet with your potential agent. This is important so that you can affirm that they are okay with being your agent and so that you can talk to them about your wishes. It is recommended to have alternate agents in case your first option is unavailable or unable.
- Consult with your lawyer.
- Fill out a form. You will be required to indicate your name and the name of your agent/s. You may also include specific information for how you want to be treated.
- Affix your signature and the signatures of the witnesses to affirm that you signed the document of your own free will. You should sign the form in front of your witnesses and the notary, who will also need to affix his signature in the form. You may be required to present proof of identification.
- Keep a copy of the form in a safe location, and distribute copies to your lawyer, physician, close friends and relatives, and those people designated as your agent/s.
Emergency Medical Power of Attorney Form
Generic Medical Power of Attorney Form
Printable Medical Power of Attorney Form
Health Care Power of Attorney Form
Minor Child Medical Power of Attorney
For parents who are going to be out of town for quite some time, they may draw up a Minor Child Medical Power of Attorney to ensure that their child gets medical attention no matter what happens. This will allow them to appoint the temporary guardian of their child to make medical decisions for their child’s medical treatment in case of an emergency, if the temporary guardian is unable to reach them. This is not the same as a legal guardianship and can be used in lieu of a Consent for Medical Treatment of a Minor Form, which is a form that provides detailed instructions for medical care of a minor.
Although they are very helpful and useful, one should exercise caution when drafting a Medical Power of Attorney. Choose your agents wisely, because they will be making very crucial decisions for you pertaining to your health and how you will receive medical treatments. Also, it should be noted that one should always consult with a lawyer to make sure that their Medical Power of Attorney covers everything they need and that their interests and personal values will be protected. You may also see Health Care Power of Attorney Forms for more samples and information.
Sample General Power of Attorney Form - 10+ Free Documents in ...
8+ Sample Financial Power of Attorney Forms
23+ Printable Power of Attorney Forms
8+ Simple Power of Attorney Forms
Sample General Power of Attorney - 11+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Special Power of Attorney Form - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Specific Power of Attorney Samples
30+ Free Power of Attorney Forms
Power of Attorney Document - 10+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Health Care Directive Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Will Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Medical Form - 20+ Free Documents in PDF
19+ Sample Medical Records Release Forms Sample Forms
7+ Medical Consent Sample Forms - Free Example, Sample Format ...
Sample Medical Consent Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc