A Limited Power of Attorney, also called a Specific Power of Attorney, is a type of Power of Attorney Form that is used to appoint someone to perform limited or specific tasks on your behalf. This is especially used when a person will be out of town or out of the country, and when he will be deployed for military service. The person appointing someone is called the principal, and the appointed person is called the agent. There are so many other types of Power of Attorney Forms that you can check and consider when drafting your Power of Attorney.
Limited Durable Power of Attorney Form
Limited Financial Power of Attorney Form
Free Limited Power of Attorney Form
Blank Limited Power of Attorney Form
Non-Durable Limited Power of Attorney Form
Guidelines in Writing a Limited Power of Attorney Form
- First thing you need to do when writing a Limited Power of Attorney Form is to choose your agent. This is the person who will act as your proxy in performing the specific tasks stated on the form; therefore, it is important to choose someone you can trust, like a friend or a family member. You should also consider the person’s age, location, and health when making this decision.
- The next thing you need to do is meet up with or speak with your agent to explain to them the circumstance, that you are appointing them as your agent for a Limited Power of Attorney Form. This is important so that the agent will be given a heads-up.
- Fill out the appropriate type of Limited Power of Attorney Form with all the necessary details and specifications. You may need either a financial or military limited power of attorney, or a durable or non-durable limited power of attorney. It is important that you know which one is appropriate for your situation.
- Once you have filled out a form, have your lawyer review it for any errors and to make sure that everything in your form is in place. This is a crucial step because the person will be acting on your behalf, so it is important that the proper stipulations and limitations are included.
- Keep a copy of the form in a safe place, such as a safety deposit box, and distribute copies to your agents and lawyer.
Real Estate Limited Power of Attorney Form
General Limited Power of Attorney Form
Military Limited Power of Attorney Form
Printable Limited Power of Attorney Form
Information to Be Included in a Limited Power of Attorney Form
- The name of the principal, or the person appointing someone to act on his behalf
- The name of the agent/s, which could be more than one
- The date the form will be effective, which could be upon signing it, on a specific period of time, or when the principal becomes mentally incapacitated or unable to perform certain tasks
- A statement of the necessary tasks to be fulfilled by the agent
- A statement of the limitations to the powers of the agent or any other necessary provisions that the principal would deem necessary
- The name and signature of the principal, along with those of the witnesses and a notary public, to make the Limited Power of Attorney Form official
After you have successfully made a Limited Power of Attorney Form, you can then rest easy that even in your absence, your financial or legal affairs will still be in order. You may download our forms on this article or you may also browse through our Free Power of Attorney Forms for other types of Power of Attorney Forms, such as General Power of Attorney Forms and Durable Power of Attorney Forms.
10+ Sample Power of Attorney Forms
Sample Blank Power of Attorney Forms - 8+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Power of Attorney Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
7+ Specific Power of Attorney Samples
Power of Attorney Form Template
Sample Power of Attorney Form - 20+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Special Power of Attorney Form - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Simple Power of Attorney Forms
8+ Sample PA Power of Attorney Forms
Health Care Power of Attorney Form - 6+ Free Documents in PDF
8+ Sample Financial Power of Attorney Forms
30+ Sample Power of Attorney Forms
Power of Attorney Document - 10+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
23+ Printable Power of Attorney Forms
Power of Attorney Forms in PDF