In any businesses where there is a transfer of goods or products in exchange of money or cash, there is a need for a document for this in order to have a reference whenever as needed in the future. In other words, writing a receipt form is for the record of every transactions made by the buyer or consumer to the store or company.
Receipts can be written manually or can be printed or generated through a machine, such as point of sale terminal. And all the transactions made by the customer are detailed in a receipt form. The receipt form then serves as the proof of the transaction.
Generic Donation Receipt
Generic Cash Receipt
Generic Rent Receipt
Generic Missing Receipt
What is a Generic Receipt?
Receipts may come in different sizes or looks, but generally, they all have the same purpose. This purpose is to let the customers see or have an overview of the details about their transactions, the amount they have paid, the discounts and the sales tax collected.
A generic receipt is a kind of receipt which is not specified to where or what company it came from. It may looked simple than the other receipts, like Rental Receipt Forms, Deposit Receipt Forms, etc. but what’s important is that the essential details are specified just like what other receipts have.
How To Write a Generic Receipt
Receipts help you keep track of the expenses that you have, and if you are running a business, you will be able to track your sales tax expenses. Now, here are the following common and important elements that a receipt should have:
- Vendor details: vendor’s or company name, address, and contact
- Customer details: first and last names
- Date of transaction: date when the receipt is issued
- Product details: brief description of the products – product number, name, quantity, etc.
- Total amount payable: breakdown of the overall total, taxes, discounts, or any additional charges
- Method of payment: whether cash, credit or debit cards
- Signatures: of buyer and vendor
Signatures of both parties are also important since the receipt serves as an agreement between the buyer and the vendor that they have agreed on the amount payable with the purchased products or services. Furthermore of this article, you will be able to see different kinds of Receipt Forms in PDF which are downloadable.
Generic Sales Receipt
Generic Lost Receipt
Generic Credit Card Receipt
Generic Hotel Receipt
How To Fill Out a Generic Receipt
A generic receipt contains all the necessary details that are needed in making a transaction. The filling out of the necessary information is actually done or written in order and all you have to do is to fill in the blanks or provide information at the space provided.
The generic receipt is presented to summarize all the transactions made, such as the purchases done by the customer and Purchase Receipt Forms are presented to them because this shows the breakdown of the total amount they have paid. Filling out a generic receipt would not require you to put a lot of effort.
Guidelines for Generic Receipt
The following are the information that needs to be fill in when writing a generic receipt:
- Date Issued: date when the issuance of receipt is done
- Received From: the buyer or customer’s name
- The Amount of: the exact amount paid by the customer
- For the Payment of: the classification of what the payment is for, could be for meals, room accommodation, etc.
- From and To: If the customer pays for his/her room accommodation, the date checked in and out.
- Paid by: the payment method, whether cash, credit or debit card
- Received By: the vendor or cashier’s name
Other receipts like Sales Receipt Forms would include the breakdown of the total amount, where the tax and service charge are written.
Sample Deposit Forms - 16+ Free Documents in PDF
Horse Bill of Sale Samples
8+ Generic Complaint Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
Sample Cash Receipt Forms - 7+ Free Documents in PDF, Word
Generic Release Forms
8+ Sample Used Car Bill of Sale Forms
10+ Sample Direct Deposit Forms
9+ Auto Bill of Sale Form Samples
Sample Purchase Receipt Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Printable Invoice Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
9+ Sample Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Forms Sample Forms
32+ Bill of Sale Forms in PDF
Invoice Sample Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Landlord Reference Form - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Vendor Direct Deposit Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...