Invoice forms – and other bills, statements, and forms – are only the tip of the corporate paperwork iceberg. You are aware of the legal and logistical necessity of these forms, but perhaps are on the brink of an avalanche. Still, you must keep track of your finances in order to function – as well as for inescapable tax purposes.
Below we have collected a number of blank, generic invoice forms that you can download for free as either PDF or Word documents. They are easy to customize, edit, print, or e-mail.
Generic Commercial Invoice
Generic Invoice PDF
Generic Invoice Form in Word
Generic Blank Invoice
Generic Printable Invoice
Different Types of Invoice Forms
Since an invoice is merely an official record of goods or services provided, you might think that an invoice form is just an invoice form. But just as there are different businesses and therefore different practices and standard procedures in running each of these businesses, there are different kinds of itemized bills that may come into effect.
- Commercial Invoice Forms. If you are running a business, you need to keep a close eye on your inventory. Commercial invoices are specifically geared toward foreign trade.
- Service Invoice Form. This is issued for the payment of services rather than physical products and may be invoiced differently from items you can pin a unit price on.
- Legal Invoice Form. See Service Invoice, but for legal services your lawyer or attorney would bill you for.
- Construction Invoice and Plumbing Invoice would also go under Service Invoice.
- Added to this, some invoices can also be electronically transmitted instead of being issued on paper (see Generic Email Invoice sample provided below).
You can find free form templates for these various invoice forms in the additional resources list below.
Details Included in an Invoice
That said, there are some details that must be covered for a proof of transaction. Some of the most important ones:
- a unique reference number
- a date
- credit terms
- seller’s name and contact information
- seller’s company and tax registration details
- date of delivery of goods or services to be billed, along with a description of the goods or services
- unit price of the product, if relevant
- total amount charged
- payment terms and mode of payment
- tax payments, if relevant (e.g. GST, VAT, etc)
Generic Business Invoice Sample
Generic Email Invoice
Generic Medical Invoice
Generic Service Invoice
Generic Sales Invoice
How to Use These Templates
These samples have been specifically picked for their generic, straightforward qualities, making them intuitive and easy to use. The clean layouts make them easy to print and even e-mail.Using the above listed details of an invoice as a checklist, make sure your chosen form has everything you need.
Simply select the form that seems most appropriate for your needs, and click to download.
You can then easily tweak the form in your favorite word processor or PDF editing program.Make sure that when you use these in your official transactions that every relevant space for information is filled.
39 Invoice Forms in PDF
8+ Catering Invoice Forms – Free Downloadable Samples ...
39 Invoice Forms in PDF
Sample Blank Invoice Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF, Xls
Invoice Forms in Word
Invoice Forms in Excel
8+ Construction Form Samples - Free Sample, Example, Format ...
T-Shirt Order Form Sample - 7+ Free Documents in PDF
Sales Tracking Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Cash Receipt Forms - 7+ Free Documents in PDF, Word
Generic Physical Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
8+ Sample Waiver Forms - Free Sample, Example Format Download
6+ Medical Physical Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
8+ Generic Complaint Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
6+ IT Assessment Forms - Free Sample, Example Format Download