Counseling is the process wherein a client and a counselor take the time to discuss and talk about difficult situations, experiences, feelings, or emotions that a client is feeling. Counseling enables a client to see things from a different perspective and helps him focus on goals toward positive changes.
Counseling is based on trust and confidentiality and is not about giving out advice, judging others, attempting to fix a client’s issue, sympathizing, or imposing values and principles on a client. Rather, counseling is more on empathy and providing therapy by letting clients vent and figure out ways to achieve goals through discussions.
General Employee Counseling Form
Basic Counseling Intake Form
Sample Student Counseling Form
General Counseling Application Form
General School Counseling Form
Benefits of Counseling
Counseling allows a person to find his true identity and enables him to find joy, contentment, and fulfillment within himself. Most people go through counseling to help them:
- Be at peace with themselves.
- Become more secure and comfortable about themselves.
- Be more connected with others, such as their significant others.
- Vent and reduce stress.
- Identify goals and establish ways on how to achieve them.
- Work through personal problems.
- Understand one’s thoughts and feelings better.
- Understand loved ones better.
- Talk to someone without worrying about exposure.
- Work toward self-fulfillment.
Counselors generally enable clients to explore their life and their feelings by allowing open and free communication. It is important that a counselor does not attach herself emotionally to a client nor pass out judgement or advise. Effective counseling is able to lessen confusion and promote positive changes of behavior.
General Counseling Intake Form
Developmental Counseling Form
Sample Counseling Form in PDF
General Exit Counseling Form
Counseling sessions typically follow a process that enhances therapy among clients. In a therapy session, clients are generally asked to:
1. Ask questions about the services offered during the therapy session or the counseling proper.
2. Provide a list of reasons that led them to do counseling.
3. Share what they hope to learn and gain during the sessions.
4. Agree to attend a series of meetings to discuss and work through issues.
5. Establish a client-counselor relationship by being empathetic instead of being sympathetic.
6. Evaluate the list of issues outlined by the client.
7. Set a goal for the client to meet.
8. Provide counseling interventions.
9. Conduct an evaluation of the client’s response to the sessions or provide referrals.
Counselors need to properly document each session with a client for reference purposes and in order for them to accurately perform counseling skills. Counseling Forms should be utilized for gathering of data. Our Sample Counseling Forms and Blank Counseling Forms are easily accessible for your easy use.
Sample Target Application Form - 9+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Sample Patient Complaint Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
22+ Sample Customer Feedback Forms
Sample Consent to Treat Form - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Statement Form - 19+ Free Documents in PDF, Xls
Sample Session Feedback Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Employee Warning Notice - 8+ Sample Documents in PDF ...
Sample Medical Records Release Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
Release of Information Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire Forms - 9+ Free ...
Sample Training Application Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Free Employment Form Samples - 35+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Disciplinary Action Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Teacher Registration Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
10+ Affidavit Forms For Marriage - Sample, Example, Format