When making business deals where goods or services exchange ownership at a price, it takes more than just shaking hands to settle the transaction. You need a contract that details the terms of the sale, what was bought, and by whom. This becomes the legal verification, and it is called the bill of sale.
If you are looking to start your own trade, or if you are just looking to make a personal, one-time sale of some useful junk, a bill of sale is the way to do it properly.
These Sample Bill of Sale Forms are available free of charge to help you get started.
General Automobile Bill of Sale Form
General Blank Bill of Sale Form
Simple General Bill of Sale Form
Printable General Bill of Sale Form
Free General Bill of Sale Form
How to Use These Samples
Bills of sale are as varied as the kinds of items and services that can be sold. Some Sample Generic Bill of Sale Forms can sometimes be stretched to accommodate just about anything you’re selling.
However, when it comes to certain high-value, highly specific items, it helps to have a form that’s designed for the commodity.
With that in mind, along with many general, basic, and simple bills of sale, we have also included bills for motor vehicles as well as for water vessels (you might also be interested in other Sample Boat Bill of Sale Forms if this is what you’re primarily dealing in).
No matter what you’re selling, a good bill of sale will have these foundational elements at the very least:
- details of the buyer (name & company, address, signature)
- details of the seller (name & company, address, signature)
- description of the item for sale (as well as quantity sold)
- date of transaction
- final selling price and proof of payment
When you have chosen a form that best suits your transaction, simply click to download and use as reference for drafting your own bill; or modify (optional) and print it out for official use.
General Bill of Sale Form PDF
Generic Bill of Sale Form for Car
Generic Boat Bill of Sale Form
Generic Vehicle Bill of Sale Form
Bonus Templates for Bills of Sale
A bill of sale can be as simple or as complexly detailed as the transaction itself and the commodities involved.
If you are selling distinct products – especially if they come with an owner’s license – it helps to have specific forms dealing with their trade.
SampleForms.com has you covered on any kind of trade you might be (legally) involved in.
- Thinking of selling your car? Here’s a collection of Sample Auto Bill of Sale Forms as well as vehicle bill of sale templates that cover commercial/dealer sales, private sales, used vehicle sale, and even motorcycles sale.
- Looking to unload your used farm equipment? Head on over to our website to download guides to help you craft a bill of sale for when you’re dealing in heavy machinery.
- Thinking of getting a new gun for your hobby? Sell whatever you have first and check out the sample firearm bill of sales for handguns we have on our website.
- Selling something else? A general bill can probably get you covered. Check out any of our lists of generic bills of sale to get you started.
8+ Sample Gun Bill of Sale Forms
Horse Bill of Sale Samples - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Business Bill of Sale Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
Bill of Sale Vehicle Form Sample - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Firearm Bill of Sale Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample DMV Bill of Sale Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
8+ Sample Bill of Sale Forms For Vehicle
9+ Sample Trailer Bill of Sale Forms Sample Forms
Sample Bill of Sale Forms - 22+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Sample Used Car Bill of Sale Forms
8+ Sample Vehicle Bill of Sale Forms
Sample Car Bill of Sale Forms - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Equipment Bill of Sale Form Samples - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
Free Bill of Sale Sample Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
8+ Vehicle Bill of Sale Samples