A feedback has various uses in different fields such as for telecommunications where feedback is a part of the communication process wherein the sender and the receiver are the recipients providing the feedback. In scientific industries, feedback loops are aspects for the changes in the climate such as the atmosphere and the oceans. Nonetheless, the known usage of a feedback and purpose of a feedback form is visible in organizations and companies where the user of the form will state his reactions and criticisms about the provided service or the personnel in a company.
The feedback provided by a customer, client, employee and even a co-partner of a business is vital for improving the poor areas of the enterprise. Giving a feedback is often disregarded by many, since it seems to be time-consuming and unworthy to their sense, not knowing that they are unconsciously helping the company to serve them better. However, a feedback’s main goal should promote growth and not push down the recipient of the feedback. Therefore, listed below are the known mistakes in giving a feedback:
- Using word embellishments to cover negativity. It is understandable that people aim to provide a feedback in a kind manner, but the person who provided the feedback should always state the truth and factual responses about the subject. One example is filling out a volunteer feedback form where the head organizer of the volunteering organization will have to state his thoughts about the services garnered by each of the volunteers. However, due to his kindness, he prefers to use a flowery language to avoid hurting the feelings of the subjects, not knowing that how he provided the feedback is not an effective way for the subjects to know their mistakes and plan an action. These words will only add up the confusion to the subjects and will be an aspect of disregarding the feedback being given by the organizer. To solve this situation, the provider of the feedback must be straightforward and honest with his suggestions for the subjects.
- Generalizing feedback. Even if the feedback is for groups, teams, and a number of people, the feedback must contain a specification of the positive and what needs to be improved areas of the subjects. When a feedback is being generalized, the recipient or the subject of the feedback will not be able to know the level of his development. Such generalizations are causing vague feedback which is not helpful especially for completing a workshop feedback form. In any workshop, the user of the form must supply sufficient details of his reactions with regards to the instructors, lessons, atmosphere, and the venue of the workshop.
- Using judgment. The words and reactions on a feedback must not be based on the initial judgment of the user to the feedback subject. By merely stating a judgment, the factual observations and standards of appraisal will be missed by the provider of the feedback. Giving a feedback should be based on the overall observation of the subject. These judgments will not be useful especially for dealing with teacher feedback forms where the instructors and professors will need a feedback about how they teach and managed the class for a semester and not on how the students perceive their ways.
- Inappropriate phrasing and demeaning words. Trashy and unsuitable feedback are commonly given by frustrated and mad customers. These customers will state on a customer feedback form of how dissatisfied and unhappy they were for the services and products that the company gave. However, trashy and demeaning words will only cause a clutter in the feedback form and will not be significant for constructing a resolution in meeting the needs of the customers. Though being truthful is a key for achieving the right feedback, being professional should always be considered before writing on the form.
- Vague penalties and sanctions. When not everyone is pleased, a customer feedback may become a customer complaint. Nonetheless, solving these complaints and meeting the required expectations of the complainant will end in having a good feedback. But, in the event that a negative feedback has been provided in a never ending cycle, the person who gave the feedback must indicate the possible results and outcome if the subject of the feedback still continues with his erroneous actions. The penalties should be stabilized and described well in order for the subject to understand what he will be facing sooner.
- Uncertainty with the feedback. This mistake of uncertainty relates to the second on the list which is generalizing a feedback. Specifying a feedback is not enough to promote an in-depth definition for the subject. With this, a feedback must have a goal of what area shall be corrected by the subject. The specifications may be categorized in groups such as separating the reactions relating to the packaging design of a product from its taste in a product feedback form.
- Waiting for worst situations. Giving a feedback must be done on the exact day whenever a feedback is needed and not when a particular incident have worsen due to negligence. An example when this mistake has been evidently done is in the office or inside business companies where employers and managers only provide an employee feedback annually, and not on a regular basis. Waiting for the annual employee feedback session is a simple way of telling the employees that it would be fine to continue with their mistakes until the evaluation month.
- Using other people. Aside from assuring that a feedback is straightforward, it should also be spoken and submitted directly from the source of the observation. Using hearsay and gossips while naming another party will not be a helpful tool for a feedback. If there is a need for the other person to speak about the subject, he should be called in to present himself in front of the subject or he should know how to fill a feedback form by himself to start stating his reactions for the particular subject.
The mistakes of providing a feedback are not limited to the aforementioned list since any person who gives out a feedback may seem to forget the actual definition and relevance of doing so. Nonetheless, one tip that an individual must remember about a feedback is that it must be goal-oriented to promote ways of improvising plans for the subject.
7+ Class Evaluation Form Samples
30 Different Types of Feedback Forms in PDF
10+ Forms for Quality Feedback
11+ Sample Customer Feedback Forms
10 Basic Feedback Forms
30+ Different Formats for Feedback Forms
Sample Lesson Feedback Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
What is a Self Evaluation Form
20+ Interview Feedback Form Examples
Sample Peer Assessment Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
5 Different Types of Lesson Feedback Forms
7+ Client Assessment Form Samples
7+ Complaint Verification Form Samples
Sample Appraisal Form Formats - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Employee Self-Evaluation Form Samples