Getting a job position from your most desired company would excite you in so many ways. But along with your dream job is a pile of hiring documents you need to fill out. Now don’t fret, these documents are really important for both you and your employers. Having employment forms is useful in different situations you will encounter as an employee. To understand more about these documents, you might need to read further in this article.
FREE 51+ Employment Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
Different companies use various types and formats of employment forms. These documents highly depend on what data the company wants to gather. Below are sample employment forms that you can use as reference in creating your very own employment documents. These samples are downloadable and printable to fit your preferences. Check these sample forms and get started on your employment forms.
1. Employment Application Form
2. Request for Employment Verification Form
3. Employment Updated Form
4. Record of Employment Contact Form
5. Employment Eligibility Form
6. Employment Certification Form
7. Nursing Practice Employment Form
8. Employment Licence Form
9. Corporate Subscriber Employment Form
10. Ex Serviceman Employment Form
11. Employment Reference Form
12. Sample Employment Application Form
13. School Based Employment Form
14. Student Employment Form
15. Employment Pass Form
16. Employment Notification Form
17. OPT Employment Form
18. Secondary Employment Form
19. Student On Campus Employment Form
20. Employment Income Declaration Form
21. Register of Employment Form
22. Employment Reporting Form
23. Additional Employment Request Form
24. Employment and Age Certificate Form
25. Employment of Relatives Approval Form
26. Employment Loss of Income Form
27. Employment Change Form
28. Employment Application Short Form
29. Outside Employment Request Form
30. Employment Documentation Form
31. Employment Exchange Form
32. Kitchen & Bar Employment Form
33. Dual Employment Form
34. Supplemental Employment Form
35. Statement of Prior Employment Form
36. Employment Corporation Form
37. Re Employment Certificate Form
38. Offer of Employment Form
39. Verbal Verification of Employment Form
40. New Hire Employment Form
41. Civil Service Employment Form
42. Pre Employment Form
43. Employment Acceptance Form
44. Employment Reference Check Form
45. Driver Employment Application Form
46. Contractor Employment Form
47. Casual Employment Form
48. Federal Employment Form
49. Employment Information Sheet Form
50. Employment Data Form
51. Double Employment Form
52. Out Side Employment Disclosure Form
53. Employment Details Form
54. General Employment Form
Why Do You Need an Employment Form in the Workplace?
Through the years of business growth, it is an understatement that companies should provide their employees with professional documents that would help them get through their working experience. One of these documents is what we call employment forms. Companies should prepare all employment forms that their employees must fill out before they officially start their work. There are many benefits and advantages of creating these forms thoroughly and carefully.
Employment forms are the documents that employees need to fill out when or before they start their work in the company. These office forms are also considered as legal documents to recognize a person as a company employee officially. The US Department of Labor states all the legal employment documents on the Employment Law Guide that employers should provide their workers. By law, employment documents could help companies in verifying the employees under their care.
Types of an Employment Form
Employment documents may vary from the different policies and terms of a company, but they do have standard documents to follow. Companies make use of employment forms in different situations. Each process has its documents to record the employees’ information. The data gathered will be useful in identifying and verifying the right company employees. To enlighten you, here are the common employment documents you may encounter:
- Job Application – All employees go through this type of employment form. This document is provided to job applicants wishing to get a position in a company. Job applications include the applicant’s previous work experience, personal information, and educational background. It showcases the candidate’s qualities, capabilities, and achievements relevant to the job. This document is sometimes added with recommendation letters for more work-related information. Employers will use this document to measure how reliable the applicants are for the job position they re applying for in the company.
- Employment Contract – Once the applicants passed all interviews and application procedures, the employers must provide their newly hired employees a job contract. This document states all the details of the job position. The employment contract will serve as an agreement and acknowledgment that the new employees have agreed on the policies and rules of conduct of the company. Like other contracts, this employment form will include job descriptions, work schedules, responsibilities, compensations, and termination conditions.
- Employee Benefits Agreement – One of the most awaited things by employees when we start working are the benefits and compensations a company offers. Along with the services the employees provide, the company will give them generous benefits and incentives. Companies will provide their employees with a benefits agreement, stating all the advantages of working with the company. Benefits agreement usually includes life and health insurance, sick leaves, paid vacation leaves, retirement plans, company cars, and many more company benefits.
- Employment Verification – Employees need to be verified that they work on that particular company. That is why companies would process employment documents stated as mandatory by law. Verification forms may include the eligibility verification form, the state tax withholding form, withholding certificate, and other government documents. Processing this document depends on the rules and policies of the company. Most HR employees are the ones who process this document, and all the employees need to do is fill out the form.
- Non-disclosure Agreement – One of the essential documents that companies must provide their new employees is the non-disclosure agreement or the NDA. It is one of the standard policies that an employee must not violate. NDA tackles about the confidentiality of the information shared within the company. There is particular business information that must be kept within the company, such as contracts, accounting files, and many more. Employees will be asked to fill out and sign the letter to prove that both parties have agreed on such policies and conditions.
The documents mentioned above are one of the essential employment forms a company needs. You may encounter more types of employee forms as you go on with the recruitment process. All employment forms are beneficial to both employers and workers. It protects both parties in negative situations and helps track information without any hassle. Employment forms are excellent tools for a successful business, as well as build a healthy professional relationship between employers and workers.
How Essential are Employment Documents?
Whether your business is big or small, you will always need people to help you perform your daily business operations successfully. As a business owner, you have to know that a single person can’t handle everything. Imagine a marketer doing business accounting for your company. It will be hard since they have different job responsibilities and expertise. An expert in the field must perform every major operation in a company.
A business is made up of professional people with different expertise that would help hand in hand in making a company successful. That is why companies need employees of every department in their business to manage specific operations. Conducting a proper employment procedure or work recruitment will help a business find the right people to board in a particular business. Companies would always aim to the reliable and capable applicants among a crowd of eager job seekers. To have an effective employee recruitment process, companies would always secure all the documents and forms needed for applicants and newly hired employees.
Companies prepare their employment documents thoroughly to provide their employees when they officially start working. It is one of the essentials of employment since the company needs to have its workers’ personal and contact information. As important as having employees in a business, companies should make agreements and contracts about the employees’ responsibilities in the company. The documented duties and responsibilities will help control the operations in making things orderly and on track.
U.S. Employment: A Desperate Call for Workers
For many years, the industry always has the number of job seekers higher and higher. But what will happen if the available job positions are much higher than the number of job seekers? Yes, it is possible to have a workers shortage. Just this year, the data gathered surpassed the industry’s expectations. In January 2019, it has been reported that the number of job openings reached 7.6 million, whereas the job seekers were a million or so short than the unfilled jobs. Companies were having a tight competition in getting skilled job applicants suitable for their businesses within the scarcity of the US labor industry. Most companies have a labor shortage in job positions that require more low-skills than high-class education. Businesses are trying their best to attract more of the unemployed population in the industry for luck of finding more suitable workers for their work vacancy.
Effects of Job Seekers Scarcity
The labor shortage has a huge effect on every business. Without a decent number of employees, a company would have a hard time designating appropriate work for its employees. The scarcity limits companies to have thorough work operations in the business. With the worker shortage, technical processes might slow its progress, leading the business to have a slow response in giving quality services or products. The present employees would also be given the burden of doing extra work hours or tasks in the company. With this, other employees would sometimes demand a salary raise or compensations with the additional workload. Companies are having a hard time in this labor shortage and look for ways to attract more suitable applicants. Hence, the reason for enhancing recruitment procedures and employment documents.
How Do You Create an Employment Form?
One of the documents that companies must prioritize is the employment forms. These documents are the preliminary materials that new employees must have before they start their work. HR managers or employees are usually in-charge of the hiring process and employment files. For the business to have effective and useful employment forms, the HR department should be familiar with how to write this type of formal form. To help you get by, here are a few tips and steps you can follow in making employment forms effectively.
Step 1. Know the Document’s Purpose
Always figure out the uses of the employee document first. Every employment form has different content depending on its purpose. As an HR manager or employee, you must know what the employment form you are preparing for. Is it for the job application or employment verification? The information needed for every document varies. For instance, the application forms are different from the employment contract since their purposes are different. Sometimes employment forms depend on the time when they are needed in the recruitment process. Just remember to review the document’s detail before proceeding to the content.
Step 2. Include the Essential Details
Just as mentioned earlier, each employment document depends on its purpose. The content must be relevant to the form you are doing. Many employment forms have similar content, but they vary with the follow-up questions. For instance, employment forms like verification and application forms. Both documents have the employee’s personal information, but they differ in the second portion. The application form will ask about the employee’s previous work experience, while the verification form will tackle the current job position and responsibilities. Always remember the duties and responsibilities of the employee so you can provide them a practical and useful content.
Step 3. Always Include Verification Notes
One of the purposes of the employment forms is to identify employees and which department they belong to. Most employment forms will involve the employee’s signature and handwriting to verify their identity, as well as certify that they agree with anything written on the document. The verification notes should state that they acknowledge the conditions and confidentiality of the information exchanged between the employee and the company. Place this section on the bottom part of the form, so the employee would see it after they fill out the necessary blanks.
Step 4. Keep Documents Checked and Updated
Just like any other personal document, you should check your employment forms and update them from time to time. The employment forms are legal documents that companies keep as records of their workers. In cases like employee’s name changes or residential address changes, you can use the previous papers as references when you want to update the forms. Always bear in mind that the employment form will help with all the identification documents and materials needed by the employees.
Companies must never take employment forms for granted. These legal documents are useful in so many ways to help both the company and the employees. Whether for future job references, legal actions, or for merely identifying and recording employee’s work information. As an HR manager or employee, you must be aware of all the employee documents needed. There are different advantages to using these documents in recruiting and recording processes. Just bear in mind that when you create employment forms, you can appropriately and effectively use it.
FREE 8+ General Employment Application Samples PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Generic Employment Application Forms PDF
FREE 7+ Employment Contract Form Samples in Sample, Example ...
FREE 9+ Sample Employment Agreement Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 7+ Sample Employment Expenses Forms in WORD PDF
FREE 11+ Employment Application Forms in PDF DOC | XLS
FREE 5+ Bartender Contract Forms in PDF DOC
FREE 8+ Sample Restaurant Application Forms PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Employment Application Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 7+ Sample Employee Grievance Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 8+ Employee Health Forms in Samples, Examples, Formats
FREE 13+ Sample Employment Application Forms in PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Employee Status Change Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 8+ Teacher Employment Forms in Samples, Examples, Formats