For business companies, it is mandatory to ensure the performance of each employee. This is to make sure that each member in the workforce is capable of accomplishing the tasks that are given to them within a specific period of time. Upon ensuring the employees’ potentials, the business will most likely attain its goals and achieve its objectives. The success of the business somehow depends on their employees’ performance. They are the team that you pay for so that your company has the manpower to get things done. It is sensible that you are aware of their respective expertise and even weaknesses. Employee reviews help you determine who among your workforce is performing and who are not.
In undertaking a performance assessment or evaluation regarding one’s performance, a form should be used to list all the important facts and results. The reason for this is to have a documentation of each employee’s performance and compile these for future references. The appropriate form for completing such process is the employee review form.
An employee review form is completed when all the necessary details are indicated in the form. This process is done systematically, in which a step by step process is observed. The review regarding the employee could be administered to evaluate one’s capacity. Further in this article are sample forms you can refer to when administering an employee review regarding his or her performances. Take time to browse over these forms, examine each of them, understand how these are completed, download, edit, and use for your business’ convenience. By now, you should have understood why these kinds of reviews for employees are conducted. Below are some guidelines on how you could conduct an employee performance review. You will also be apprised of how these forms are filled out.
Standard Employee Review Forms
Standard Employee Review Form
Basic Employee Review Form
Enlisted Employee Review Form
Performance Review Form
Exempt Staff Employee Review Form
Construction Employee Review Form
Introductory Performance Review Form
Filling Out Employee Performance Review Form
In conducting reviews for the employee’s performance evaluation, all important data, facts, and information should be documented, because the documents serve as future references, most especially when the particular employee’s performance comes to a discussion. Having the complete records, employees’ overall performance and progress are determined. If you would refer to the forms found in this article, all information that the people involved needs to know are requested for the completion of the process in reviewing. The important details required to be provided are:
- The date when the review is conducted: It is important to indicate the date when the performance review is held, because this will help the management determine if there are any changes or progress in the employee’s performance annually. Another important thing that should be written is the date when the next review will be conducted. This will help the management determine the number of reviews that have already been already conducted.
- The employee personal information: These are the basic information of the employee which includes the full name, active contact number, email address, and current address.
- The individual employee’s employment information: This information refers the employee’s details such as the position or the job title, employment period as to when he or she started and when to end basing on the employment contract, salary information, so on and so forth.
- The criteria which shows a list of the important factors that should be attained by the employee in order to pass the performance appraisal or evaluation regarding one’s self capacity: The criteria should be objective in terms of personal, behavioral and organizational. In other words, the assessment for one’s performance should not just be focusing on one aspect, but on everything. Examples for entries in the criteria are the work quality, organizational skills, attendance, interaction with co-employees, decision making skills, and the like.
- The score of the employee for the particular criteria: By referring to these scores, one’s performance is examined. Employers would also be able to determine if an individual employee is perfectly fit for the job that he or she applied for, as written on his or her job application.
- The comments, remarks or suggestions that employers have to say to their employees: These could be about what the main factors are in which the employees need to change, improve, or eliminate to enhance their skills.
- The summary of the overall performance of the employee: This part is used to indicate a list of positive and negative insights or discoveries regarding the employee’s potential. The writings on this part should be based on facts, and not on one’s opinions. This part may contain criticisms, yet it should be constructive which would definitely help the employees to strive even harder for their next scheduled review.
- List of the employee’s goals as pertained to one’s corrective action; whether to improve or not: Listing these could help the management determine if their employees are willing to change for the better, or if they know what they should do.
- The employee’s feedback: Employees also have the right to be heard and speak up for themselves. If they happen to have poor performance results, there’s got to be a reason behind it, and employers should really know about this in order to find a solution. This solution is not given in order to solve the employee’s personal problems, but to stop them from affecting his or her performances.
- The person who is in-charge of approving the review form with his or her signature: The purpose for this is to make sure that reviews are reasonable to be conducted, and the comments are not considered as discrimination. In other words, the writings on the documents are based on the facts; having actual basis, and all is fairly done and written.
For most of the employees, performance reviews are terrifying due to the fact that their performances are somehow scrutinized. Sometimes, they feel like their personalities, which do not have something to do with their performance are being judged as well, because they do not understand the rationale behind these reviews. They do not understand because probably they were not oriented on how they are going to be tested or how their performances will be evaluated. That is why before conducting such kind of review, the management should be responsible enough to orient then on the mechanics, criteria, aims or purposes and objectives of these reviews with their employees. In any case the employees failed to understand, or the discussions leave them clueless or confused, they should not be hesitant to ask, and make things clear.
In addition, these performance reviews must be conducted within the specified period of time. All companies or organizations conduct these kinds of reviews either weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually. The reason for conducting this is to make sure that everyone in the company is capable of doing their work over a long time. The reason is to make sure that the business management attains their performance level among the business industries. And through these, the management will be able to determine where their business is going; whether it is growing progressively or failing.
Basic Employee Review Form
Basic Employee Performance Review Form
Employee Summary Review Form
Non Faculty Annual Performance Review Form
Non Exempt Staff Employee Review Form
Employee Appraisal Review Form
Employee Performance Review Form
Employee Probationary Review Form
New Hire Performance Review
Conducting an Employee Performance Review
An employee performance could be evaluated with the use of different kinds of training conducted by the management. Each training should have personal, behavioral and organizational objectives that would not just benefit the management but also the applicants or employees as well. In order to make sure that each training is executed successfully, a training assessment form should be filled out with the important details regarding the training. Technically, the form for assessing training helps the management to determine whether the objectives of training are reasonable or satisfactory.
It is also obligatory for the management to determine the risks and hazards that can most likely be encountered when conducting the training in measuring the capacity of their employees. In doing so, the training risk assessment process should be conducted. This is mandatory due to the fact that the management is held liable to any physical injuries while administering their operations. And for this reason, completing the risk assessment process for training guarantees the safety of the company and its people.
For better analysis of how the training operation went, a training feedback form is provided for the applicant or the employee to evaluate every training that were conducted. The feedback form is composed of different parts which pertain to the trainer, the environment, and the training operation itself. This is done to make sure that objectives are successfully met according to the management plans.
Communication is a social contact which is considered the best way to build connections to other people. Another way to review the employees’ performance is by interviewing each of them. The aim of conducting employee interviews is to have a two-way communication that makes both the management and their workforce interact about each others’ concerns in a timely manner. These interviews are also the fastest way to acquire for employee feedback regarding individual’s performances. In conducting an interview, the employer or interviewer should be considerate when it comes to interrogating sensitive questions towards employees. Thus, an interview evaluation should be completed in order to certify that all questions are justified to be asked.
With these performance reviews conducted for the employees, improvements and developments are guaranteed. The reason for this is that these kinds of reviews are considered as one of the most effective way to ameliorate one’s potential.
Guidelines in Completing the Employee Review
The employee review forms are secured from the human resource department or office since the HR staffs is responsible for keeping the employees’ files. This is also where the forms are submitted for completion after the process. In order to complete the process of evaluating one’s performance, here below are the following guidelines:
- All information regarding the employee’s performance should have a basis and not written without a valid reason.
- The form should be completed with all the necessary or essential information in order to complete the process.
- All information to be written in the form should be precised.
- The possible risks that could result from the training should be assessed with risk assessment forms.
- There should be no delays in completing the form, thus, the processing of the form should be in a timely manner.
- Only the authorized personnel should be the ones who have the access and could process these forms.
- All required fields should be filled out with the necessary information.
- It is better that the details are written in a concise manner to make sure that spaces are utilized well.
- Specified and correct information should be placed on the appropriate space provided for it.
- Criteria for the performance appraisal or assessment should be realistic and attainable.
- It is important that both parties, the employees and the employers, stick to the objectives which means personal issues should not be included.
- It is important that both the employee and the employer or HR staff have the full understanding of how the process is conducted, and how the form is filled out.
- Employees’s side should be heard by asking for their feedback regarding the training, interviews and performance evaluations.
- The review for employees’ performances should be undergone within a specific date or schedule.
- It is important that any question or clarification are made in order to avoid any complications during the process.
- The objectives or purposes of conducting these performance reviews should be justified.
- There should be an appropriate date and time in conducting a performance review.
- The management should not be biased in terms of treating each one.
- There should be some corrective actions in order for the employees to improve. Otherwise, the training will be useless due to the fact that it all comes to the same results.
- These documents should be secured and compiled since these are confidential files and are used as references.
These are just few of the guidelines that you could refer to. You may also refer to the tips for effective performance reviews for more guidelines on how to process the forms successfully and effectively.
Sample External Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Contract Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
37 Review Form Samples
25+ Review Forms in Word
Review Forms in Excel
7+ Annual Review Form Samples - Free Samples, Examples Format ...
Project Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Review Form - 18+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
19+ Sample Employee Review Forms
Monthly Review Forms - 6+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Probation Review Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Risk Assessment Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in ...
8 Training Review Forms – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples
Sample Employee Review Form - 10+ Free documents in Doc, PDF
9+ Employee Performance Evaluation Form Samples - Free Sample ...