During the business operations, employees’ reports play important roles. This is for the reason that these are used as evidences most especially when there are incidents that occurred in the workplace. These basically uncover the reasons why there are such unusual events or incidents. Another reason is that they could state all the details since they are present at the time of such certain event. The reports or personal statements from different employees or witnesses are compiled and documented in order to better identify the cause or the origin of such incident. Thus, an investigation is conducted to have a further review or thorough analysis of what has happened.
Employee Activity Report Template
These reports are documented using the employee report forms. The reason why report forms are utilized is to have a better understanding of the incident. This is by means of summarizing all the gathered information or details from the event. Once all the information are compiled, more review regarding the incident report is conducted and additional information are attached when necessary. Further on this article are the different kinds of report forms that are commonly used or utilized for employees. Refer to each of these and examine how each are layered and categorized with regards to the information required.
Forms for Employee’s Report of Accidents/Injuries
Employee’s Compensation Witness Report Form
Employee Injury Report Form
Employee or Worker’s Report Form
Employee Liability Report Form
Employee Report of Accident or Injury
Employee’s Report of Injury Form
Form for Employee Report of Injury
Injured Employee’s Report of Injury
These forms provided for you above are examples of employee’s report of accidents or injuries. These kinds of events or incidents should be reported immediately to the supervisor/s in order to avoid the worsening of the situation. Below are the essential information that are necessary in order to complete the incident report and investigation.
- The injured employee’s personal information
- the full name
- the home location or address
- the contact number
- the birth date
- the person to contact in case of emergency
- The employment information of the employee
- the occupation, job title or position
- the assigned location
- the shift schedule
- the social security number
- The incident or accident report details
- the location of where the incident occurred
- the specific date and time of when it happened
- the full description of the incident
- The witness’s or witnesses’ information
- the full name
- the occupation or work
- the department or company
- the contact number
- The solutions or corrective actions made to treat the incident
- The supervisor, witness/es, and injured employee’s certification
- affixed signatures of each
- dates of when each have signed the incident report form
These are the main information that are often required to complete the employee report form for accidents or injuries. Moreover, the physician’s name and contact number is sometimes required in order to secure a copy of all the medical treatments that were made to medicate the injured employee. All these medical information are written in the medical statement form. After such treatments, it is mandatory for the management to follow up the situation of the incident scene and the condition of the employee. The expected or the return date for work should also be stated in the report form. As part of the investigation that is conducted to solve the situation, there are various of questions that are essentially asked to the people involved in the scene. And such questions are as follows:
- What were you doing when the incident occurred?
- What was the setting before the incident occurred?
- How did you notice the incident?
- What did people do in response to such circumstance?
- What did you hear while the incident is occurring?
- Did the incident occur at the employer’s company or site?
- Who gave the immediate action to treat the incident?
- Who else are present during the incident?
These are few of the questions that are asked to the witness when investigations are underway. With all the information provided by these witnesses’ statements, these are jotted down in the report form for a thorough analysis. The certification of the people involved ensures that all information indicated in the form are just, correct, and true.
Ways to Avoid These Accidents/Injuries
In order to avoid such incidents, accidents, or injuries, there should be an inspection in every corner of the workplace. This includes the examination of the equipment, machines, or materials that are used in the day-to-day operation. The inspection is mandatory for this is one of the many ways to ensure the safety and security of each and everyone. This is conducted not just for those who are working inside but also those outside the company. Here are some ways to avoid incidents during the business developments and operations:
- One is already stated above, which is to conduct an inspection within the perimeters of the company.
- There should be some safety precautions, guidelines or procedures that are observed and practiced.
- An evaluation or assessment should also be conducted in order to discover hidden or latent hazards and risks.
- Each employee must undergo a training for their individual performance evaluation. This examines the capabilities of each and everyone to see if they are fit for the job they have applied for.
- When there are suspected or unusual events, these should be reported immediately.
These are just common and few of the many ways to ensure the safety of everyone, yet these are effective in avoiding everyone’s safety to be at stake. Remember that you, as the manager, is in charge of your people’s safety, therefore, you have to know what is happening before, during, and after working or business operation hours. Thus, another way of making sure of this is that you have to know the importance of risk assessment and safety statements. Furthermore, here below are forms that are utilized when employees find hazards that could cause harm to everyone.
Employee Report of Hazardous Condition
Employee Report of Working Conditions
The form samples above are used for various purposes. But the main purpose in utilizing these kinds of report forms is to create awareness of all the people who are at stake with the latent hazards that were made known. Further reasons and purposes of why these forms are essential are as follows:
- These forms are used to develop methods or actions to avoid the occurrence of such accidents, incidents, or injuries.
- These help the business management treat the different hazards or threats accordingly.
- The forms are utilized to make sure that risks or hazards’ nature is understood.
- These are used to report any suspected unsafe conditions or potential hazards.
- These create awareness to everyone with regards to the possible outcomes that may result from these hazards.
- For implementation of the effective and corrective action procedures for safety and security of everyone in the workplace.
- These see to it that all reports regarding the found threats are treated in a timely manner.
- For identification and documentation of what risks are often encountered.
- To prevent these dangerous risks or hazards from reoccurring.
- To evaluate and assess each of the risk as the cause is determined.
- These forms are used as the basis to know which hazards are with high risk. In this way, the management will be able to prioritize each accordingly.
- A further investigation is conducted with the use of the information provided and written on these report forms.
- The safety precautions are improved as these become a number one in standard operation procedures.
- With the use of these forms, the communications between the people are developed as each and every one are given the chance to report any unusual or uncommon situations in their perspective departments.
- These ensures that all equipment are safe and functioning well.
For the completion of the process in identifying these hazards or unsafe conditions during work, here are the essential information that are required.
- The information of the employee who reported the hazard
- the full name
- the position of job title
- the department
- the contact number
- The hazard assessment and information such as the following:
- the location or place where hazard is found
- the description of the hazard
- the appropriate number of the people who could have been affected or the target
- the date and time of when hazard was found
- the suggestions on how to correct the hazard or the unsafe condition
- the list of health standards that could have been violated by the hazard/s
- some attachments such as diagrams or sketch, if it is necessary
- the date of when the hazard is reported
- The management information
- the name of the supervisor
- the supervisor’s phone number
- the response/s to the alleged hazards
- the corrective actions
- the estimated date of corrections
- the signature and date to certify that solutions are made
In reporting these hazards, the anonymity of the employee who reported such may or may not be revealed depending on his or her request. Thus, these reports are important to be reported immediately due to the fact that there are lots of people who could be exposed to these identified hazards. And also in order to properly treat these before these cause some destruction to the company.
Forms for Employee’s Report of Claim
Employee’s Report of Claim
Employee Report of Travel Expenses
The report form samples above are often used when employees have spent an amount to cover the cost or some business’s expenses. Yet, the amount are reimbursed upon processing these forms after the submission for approval. An example is when an employee has suffered minor injuries during his work and he has spent personal amount of money for his medical treatment. The expenses are later on paid or reimbursed by the company. Another example for this is when employees are directed to attend a business meeting or any type of event related to the business. This is basically utilized in order for the employee to state what are the expenses that he or she has spent during the travel/trip or the event. Written in the form is the summary of the overall expenditures, including the personal amount of money that was used. Technically, the form is used as an evidence of the travel reimbursement request of the employee. Referring to the form below, here are the essential details that are needed for the completion of the form:
- The agency or the company name
- The employee information such as the following:
- the employee ID
- the employee’s full name
- the official station or work location
- the complete address
- The travel information such as:
- the business purpose
- the travel destination
- the start and end date/time of the travel or trip
- the description of the travel/trip
- The travel expense details
- the lodging, transportation, meals, mileage covered (per mile), incidental expenses
- the summary of all type of expenses
- the total travel expenses
- the subtracted amount paid with the travel advance
- other direct bill to the agency or company
- other specified adjustments
- the overall total to be claimed
- the total amount claimed
- The supervisor’s and employee’s certification that all information stated in the form are true
- the signature of both
- the date signed as the confirmation
These are the basic information that are often required when employees are asking for reimbursement of the travel expenses during the trip. The reason for the form to be filed is justified as the employee states the breakdown of the expenses that were spent during the business meeting or seminar.
Other Employee Report Forms
Cash and Checks – Employee Report Form
Employee Contributions Report Form
Employee’s Monthly Report of Earnings
Simple Employee Report Form
Summing these all up, these employee report forms play an important role. For accidents or incidents, the information stated in the form are used as the basis in order for the investigation to be effective. These help the investigators identify what are the effective solutions to be made in order to prevent these hazards from repeatedly occurring. And for employee’s report of claim, these forms serve as the statement that show the overall breakdown of an amount to be refunded. Technically, there are further purposes of why employee report forms are utilized. And basically, these forms focus on the employees’ side to state some information basing on the facts.
8+ Free Sample Internship Report Forms
27+ Printable Expense Report Forms
7+ Free Sample Marketing Report Forms
26+ Sample Accident Report Forms
10+ Free Sample Accident Report Form
8+ Free Sample Medical Report Forms
8+ Free Sample Activity Report Forms
9+ Free Sample Employee Report Forms
8+ Free Sample Action Report Forms
9+ Free Sample Status Report Forms
7+ Free Sample Physical Report Forms
8+ Free Sample Financial Report Forms
9+ Free Sample Credit Report Forms
7+ Free Sample Business Report Forms
Free Sample DMV Accident Report