Employee evaluations can provide great benefits to the company and to the employees themselves. This process of evaluation is similar to collecting data from a survey questionnaire wherein the respondents will give a rating. However, in an employee evaluation, the manager or the superior officer of an employee in his department is the authorized individual to observe and provide a rating to the employee. The superior uses individual employee evaluation forms for each subject whom he or she shall grant the activity evaluation.
An employee evaluation form indicates the identification of the employee who is being evaluated along with a few details about his or her employment such as the day when he or she was hired, job position and the date when the evaluation is done. Evaluation forms can come in varying arrangements and formats which can either have a rating scale or a line for the answers of the person doing the evaluation.
Additionally, if the evaluation has an area for a sentence of points and for the answers, the evaluating personnel should still state a comment and a set of employee suggestion to explain his or her ratings and possible solutions. Below are some of the smart phrases that an evaluating personnel may use for an effective employee evaluation:
- “Coaches his colleagues by giving out suggestions which can ease up tasks such as…” – By using this phrase, the supervisor is able to highlight the employee’s effectiveness in being the team leader or the coach of his or her department.
- “Sustained a balanced relationship with his colleagues by…” – This indicates the friendliness and the ability of the employee to mingle or join with the team without complicating matters. The cooperation and interpersonal skills assessment of the employee are the two aspects which is focused in this phrase. The supervisor must support the phrase by completing it with the strategies of the employee of how he pr she was able to work well with the group.
- “Encourages his colleagues and team members to complete their assigned tasks and meet the quotas by…” – An employee must not only mingle with his or her team but should also serve as a mirror that each of them should meet their everyday-goals and quotas. The varying encouragement tactics and ways of the employee to engage his or her team in achieving their goals, such as keeping a productivity time tracking form, should be enlisted along with this phrase. This also indicates that the employee was able to portray trust to his or her colleagues by means of appropriately delegating tasks which fit each of his or her colleague’s skills and talent release.
- “Employee improves known methods for innovating company procedures through…” This attests the employee’s innovative and creative abilities. A description of the methods that the employee was able to share for the benefit of the company must be named individually to allow the management in acknowledging the employee’s efforts. However, if the employee was able to share an idea for a particular product, he or she can demand in signing an intellectual property agreement or a patent agreement with the company to allow an act of legally showcasing his or her invention to the company’s clients.
- “Seeks improvements for himself to obtain better results…” Being aware of one’s strengths and weaknesses is an ability which is not possessed by all people. With this phrase, the employee will be able to see that the outcome of his self-evaluation regarding his strengths and weaknesses has been acknowledged by his manager. The manager’s comparison of the employee’s previous employee records should be supplied with appropriate proofs and figures of outputs.
- “Assures consistency in his performance by…” Developing an action plan to acquire consistency can be a trait that the supervisor can include with this phrase. The plans of the employee can range from his or her time-keeping skills and the way he or she makes use of schedule forms for securing that he or she promptly meets the deadlines of each task assigned to him.
- “Responds to changes in projects and situations immediately…” It is an essential trait and attitude in the industry that an employee must be able to adjust to changes and decipher every instruction given to him as an indication that the employee needs lesser supervision from his manager in completing his tasks. With this phrase, the supervisor is stating that the employer is independent enough to handle varying tasks in his field as long as all the necessary employee information are given to him.
- “Assures that his vision will aim to contribute for the goals and objectives of the company by…” When an employer hires an applicant and presents an employment contract to him,
- or her, it means that the employer fully gives his or her trust to the candidate that he will be a tool for the company’s success. With the stated phrase, the employee is recognized as an important piece in the company along with his exemplary daily performance.
- “Uses his, as well as his colleagues, time wisely…” There are some employees who slack off before completing their daily chores in the workplace. However, with this phrase, the supervisor is confirming that the employee is displaying a responsible habit in being on time, managing his work well, and delivering results before the deadline hits. The importance of time tracking management will be highlighted in this phrase.
- “Communicates equally to every individual involved in the project and have supplemented results by means of…” It is necessary that the supervisor will not only compliment the skills of the employee in his or her job, but also the way he or she deals with the problems by communicating effectively to his workmates. Using the phrase rates the communication ability of the employee and determine if he or she is a good presenter of ideas or not. Additionally, this phrase can also support the attentiveness of the employee in updating his or her contact information prior to changes in his pr her data.
- “Supports the administration fully through…” Most companies provide employee engagement event evaluation and activities to assure that their employees are not eating their minds out in finishing the tasks. This phrase addresses the employee’s actions that led to granting a support to the management.
The aforementioned eleven phrases are merely examples of what an employer, manager, and team leader can use for providing an employee review or evaluation annually. Nonetheless, it is essential that the person doing the evaluation must be creative in supplementing ample evidence about the employee’s state in the company. The proof can include the employee availability and attendance, employee misconduct reports, as well as the employee’s self-evaluation which was submitted prior to the day of the actual evaluation to be conducted by the manager.
FREE 10+ Sample Candidate Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 9+ Basketball Evaluation Form Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Basketball Evaluation Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Relationship Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Relationship Evaluation Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Technical Evaluation Form Samples in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 11+ Sample Faculty Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Restaurant Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Restaurant Evaluation Forms in PDF
FREE 13+ Sample Workshop Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 22+ Workshop Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 17+ Workshop Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 30+ Printable Presentation Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 27+ Presentation Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 26+ Presentation Evaluation Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word