Any correspondence of businesses or organizations with each other or with their clients and customers always has to be formal and well-thought-out; hence, the use of Business Letters. Aside from the myriad of Business Forms that businesses use, they also need Business Letter Forms for every transaction they make for it to be official and formal. Although there is a standard format to follow, Business Letters can come in various styles and formats, depending on the purpose. You may check out our downloadable samples below to find the perfect Business Letter Form that best suit your business needs.
Indented Form of Business Letter
Business Form Letter Example
Form of Business Letter Format
Formal Business Letter Form
Formal Business Letter Example
A Business Letter and Its Parts
- Heading: This contains the return address of your company with the current date at the last line. There are also instances wherein the date is at the first line of the letter. If your company uses a customized letterhead, it is not necessary to put the return address, but you should always indicate the current date.
- Inside Address: This is the address you are sending the letter to. Make it as complete as possible, including names and titles of specific people you want to address the letter to, if you know them. This is always on the left side of the letter. The inside address also helps the receiver route the letter in case the envelope, which also contains the recipient address, becomes unreadable or damaged.
- Greeting or Salutation: This should always be formal. The salutation starts with “Dear” followed by the first name, or title, and last name. Be sure to include the person’s title if you know it. If not, you may just indicate the person’s first name. If you do not know the name of the recipient, you may just use a generic salutation like “Dear Maam / Sir.” The salutation of a letter should always be followed by a colon for formality.
- Body of the Letter: Depending on the letter style, paragraphs in the body may be indented. Be direct and concise when writing the body of the letter. Long and complicated messages tend to confuse and distract the reader. Always start a new paragraph when you start a new subject.
- Complimentary Closing: This should be polite and followed by a comma.
- Signature Line: This part is where you affix your name, title, and signature.
A Good Business Letter shows the formality of a company or business, and would be a good way to get a good impression from the recipient. You may also check out our Business Proposal Forms for your business proposal needs.
Casual Business Letter Form
Business Block Letter Form
Business Letter Evaluation Form
Business Letter Request Form
Types of Business Letters
- Sales Letters: This should start with a strong and persuasive statement to get the attention of the reader. Since this involves getting the reader to do something, strong call-to-action statements should be included and there should be instructions on how to act, like telephone numbers to call, or a website link.
- Order Letters: This is sent by a consumer or client to a supplier or manufacturer to order products and services. Specific details of the products, such as the make and model, should be included as well.
- Complaint Letters: Complaints are inevitable and should be voiced out for improvement. Always be straight to the point but professional when writing these letters so that your complaints will be taken seriously.
There are other various types of Business Letters for various purposes like inquiries, follow-ups, acknowledgement, letters of recommendation, and resignation. Regardless of the purpose, almost all business letters follow a general format. Side, top, and bottom margins should be 1 to 1/4 inches, and the general format is block, wherein all lines and paragraphs are aligned on the left side of the letter. This general format helps business letters to be unified, which thus makes them more formal.
Donation Letter Sample - 9+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Termination Letter Sample - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Farewell Letter to Colleague - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Proof of Employment Letter - 10+ Sample Documents in ...
Sample Letter of Intent Format - 9+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
8+ Sample Commercial Lease Forms
Sample Tattoo Consent Forms - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
Authorization Form Templates
Sample Letters - 31+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Letterhead Example - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Sample Job Application Forms - Free, Sample , Example, Format
Sample Shareholder Agreement Forms - 8+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Complaint Letter - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Sample Letter of Interest Forms
37 Contract Forms in Doc