Companies, even small businesses, would always need something to record all their transactions to keep everything in order. That is when invoice forms are handy. These documents allow you to record every transaction a client makes with your business. It works as an official receipt with detailed information about the transaction. If you want to learn more about blank invoice forms, you can read further in this article.
What Is an Invoice Form?
An invoice form is like an official receipt that service providers give their clients after they complete a service order. This document provides your customers with a well-detailed invoice form about their transaction—amount to pay, services availed, and payment method used. Invoice forms can also help you with tracking and monitoring your service transactions.
7+ Sample Blank Invoice Forms
1. General Invoice Form
2. Sample Invoice Form
3. Simple Blank Invoice Form
4. Sample Blank Invoice Form
5. Example Service Invoice
6. Blank Invoice Form Example
7. Sample Commercial Invoice Form
8. Multipurpose Invoice Form
Types of Invoice Forms
Invoice forms are always part of any business transaction. You can use these documents as service or product receipts to provide your customers with a detailed invoice about the purchase. There is more information found in an invoice that can benefit both you and your clients. Each type of invoice forms has different functions in a business transaction. Here are different types of invoices you can use for your business.
1. Pro-forma Invoice: This type of invoice form is sent to the customer before a service order is complete. Pro-forma invoices will serve as a notice to inform clients about product delivery or service performance. This document also states the service or product costs to prepare for the payment process.
2. Interim Invoice: This customer invoice form has the same format as an estimate form. Interim invoices list all the materials, labor fees, equipment, and other operating expenses involved in a service a customer purchased. Unlike other invoices, the customer can start paying for the service provided even if the project is not complete yet. This process applies to this invoice form since the expenses are divided into different payments, allowing the client to pay separately.
3. Final Invoice: Service contractors give their clients a final invoice form when the service operation is over. This document has the total amount the clients need to pay, along with their respective services and products availed to the service provider.
4. Past Due Invoice: This type of invoice form is for customers who haven’t paid the service providers on the scheduled due date. Past due invoice forms are like notice-for-payment forms, reminding the customers about their pending payments. Usually, businesses apply interests and other penalty fees for the late payment process.
5. Recurring Invoice: This type of invoice is useful for charging continuing services to customers. Recurring invoices are suitable for businesses having customers to subscribe to their services daily, monthly, or yearly. This invoice is useful in paying utility bills, membership fees, and other regularly charged services.
There are more types of invoice forms, but they all have similar goals and objectives—prompts customers to pay for the service they have availed. That is why you need to start using invoice forms for you to have organized and well-managed business operations.
How to Create Blank Invoice Forms
Using blank invoice forms will help you and your clients place entries about the transaction quickly and conveniently. That is why invoice forms are quite handy in any financial operations like auditing and balancing financial statements. These documents are great tools in monitoring and tracking your services as well. But you need to make these service invoices accurately to avoid any conflicts between your clients.
Step 1: Know the Purpose
You must know the purpose of your invoices first before you plan on its content. There are different types of invoice forms that you can use in your business. Do you want to create invoices for due or tax payments? Are your invoice forms for service payments? Consider the use of the invoices first, and then you will know what content you will need later.
Step 2: Decide on an Invoice Format
Once you have decided on the purpose of your invoice, it is the time to decide on the form layout. You should apply an organized and clean format, so your business invoices are quick to read and understand. If you find it challenging to think of an arrangement, you can always look up for sample invoice forms online.
Step 3: Fill in the Essential Details
After the format, you can now start filling in the vital details needed. Your invoice forms should have the client’s full name, address, and contact information. You should state the services or products and corresponding prices the customers purchased. Make sure you place the correct details to avoid conflicts with your clients. Don’t forget to put your business’ name, address, and contact details as well, for your customers to reach you quickly.
Step 4: Include the Terms and Conditions
You should place the terms and conditions of your business transaction. Your customers should be aware of your process. There are cases wherein customers may forget the means of payment. And they can always look back to your terms and conditions to be guided accordingly. Stating your payment methods are essential in creating invoice forms. Blank invoice forms are like a contract as well, proving that both parties agreed on the transaction process.
Step 5: Secure the Serial Numbers
Your invoice forms should have tracking numbers. These serial tracking numbers are useful in tracing specific invoices. You can monitor and control your service operations using these tracking numbers. Tracking previous or old service invoices can also be smooth and easy with these tracking numbers. Make sure to proofread your invoices before you use them.
FREE 6+ Printable Invoice Forms in WORD PDF
FREE 6+ Proforma Invoice Forms in WORD PDF
FREE 10+ Invoice Form Samples in PDF XLS | DOC
FREE 5+ Generic Invoice Forms in Samples, Examples, Formats
FREE 5+ Commercial Invoice Forms in Sample, Example, Format
FREE 9+ Contractor Invoice Form Samples in PDF WORD
FREE 6+ Sample Job Invoice Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 6+ Sample Rent Invoice Forms PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Invoice Forms PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Sales Invoice Forms in WORD PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Work Invoice Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 20+ Sample Invoice Forms PDF
FREE 5+ Payment Invoice Forms in Samples, Examples, Formats
FREE 7+ Business Invoice Sample Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 6+ Graphic Design Invoice Forms in WORD PDF | XLS