When you shop for something you want or need, you would always encounter slips about the details of your purchased items. Sometimes you also wish to avail of a certain service from a company, in which case you would accept a form that allows you to fill in the details of the service you need. Have you ever wondered what those documents are for? How essential are they for both you and the service provider? These slips or forms are one of the tools that companies use to record every transaction they perform.
Purchase order forms are the documents where clients fill in particular details of their purchased items—the number of items, hours of service performed and other information. This document is essential in every business transaction since it monitors, records, and tracks orders smoothly. As a service provider, you should understand how purchase order forms are helpful for your business. Take your time to know more about PO forms by reading further in this article.
FREE 31+ Purchase Order Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
1. Purchase Order Form
2. Simple Purchase Order Form
3. General Purchase Order Form
4. Sample Purchase Order Form
5. Purchase Order Form in PDF
6. Basic Purchase Order Form
7. Purchase Order Request Form
8. Blanket Purchase Order Form
9. Requisition or Purchase Order Form
10. Purchase Order Request Form Template
11. Model Purchase Order Form
12. General Purchase Order Request Form
13. Basic Purchase Order Request Form
14. Formal Purchase Order Form
15. Reseller Purchase Order Form
16. Animal Purchase Request Form
17. Printable Purchase Order Form
18. Limited Purchase Order Form
19. Basic Purchase Order Form in PDF
20. Department of Health Purchase Order Form
21. Smart Buy Purchase Order Format
22. Blanket Purchase Order Request in PDF
23. Simple Purchase Order Form Format
24. Official Purchase Order Form
25. Formal Purchase Order Request Form
26. Standard Purchase Order Form
27. Purchase Order Civil Form
28. Simple Purchase Order in MS Word
29. Purchase Order Change Order Form
30. Purchase Order Request Form in MS Word
31. Purchase Service Order Form
32. Customer Purchase Order Form
What Is a Purchase Order Form?
A purchase order (PO) is an official document that confirms an order request made by a particular client. This order form reflects the complete information about the transaction, allowing suppliers to inform their consumers about their requested products or services. Purchase order forms have transaction details like the order tracking number, list of the products/services purchased, the total amount due, and the customer’s information. The financial document is also useful in tracking and monitoring purchase orders for an organized process. Business owners use purchase order forms to secure legal and safe order procedures for both consumers and suppliers.
Purchase order forms are excellent tools for ensuring consumers about the order they have requested. That is why suppliers try their best to provide their customers with PO forms in the most convenient way. In today’s generation, PO forms are more accessible if shared online since more consumers are spending their time online shopping. According to Statista’s Digital Shoppers report, about 224.1 million people are doing online purchasing in just 2019. Though printable PO forms are still useful, it is more convenient to mail the document through online platforms.
Elements of a Purchase Order Form
In every business transaction, you will always need a document to assist you in performing the operations thoroughly, including purchase order forms. As a service provider, you should be familiar with the essential data you need to gather for your purchase order forms. This financial document should have the necessary elements for it to be accurate and reliable. To enlighten you with the features you need for a PO form, here are the most vital components:
- PO Tracking Number and Date – One of the primary purposes of creating PO forms is to have a well-organized and managed transaction processes. This element is often placed with the date the transaction is made. It usually serves as an order’s identity that allows suppliers to track and monitor every order accordingly.
- Supplier’s Business Details – PO forms should also reflect the supplier’s business information for consumers to know. These details include the company’s name, logo, business representative, and contact information. It allows customers to keep in touch with the suppliers in case they have any concerns or clarifications about the transaction created.
- Customer’s Information – This element has similar content as the supplier’s details but from the customer’s perspective. Suppliers also need the client’s information, so they are aware of who made the PO form. It also includes the client’s full name and contact details. Companies can use this information for other business operations, such as future advertising and marketing plans.
- Shipping Details – Since the consumers create PO forms, they need to input their preferred shipping address for the suppliers to fulfill. This element includes the name of the receiver, the exact shipping address, the delivery date, and the payment method. The shipping details will aid the suppliers to perform the order shipping smoothly.
- Products/Services’ Details – The PO forms must contain the product or the services purchased by the customers so they can review the placed orders before shipping. It usually includes the product descriptions, item quantity, and their respective prices. This element will help suppliers present their consumers with a document for transparency.
- Total Amount Due – The total amount due is an essential element of a purchase order form. This element will inform the clients about the amount they need to prepare before the supplier delivers the order. The total amount due may include additional payments like shipping fees or service charges, depending on the supplier and the client’s agreement.
- Terms and Conditions – This section of the purchase order form needs to be written carefully. The terms and conditions have the instructions and reminders clients need to remember when they purchase a specific product. PO forms are like contract forms proving that both parties agreed with all the transaction processes. This element protects the customer and supplier from any legal procedures of the transaction.
How Important are Purchase Order Forms in Business Quality?
Whatever field you belong to, you will always encounter purchase order (PO) forms in every business transaction. Purchase order forms are usually given by consumers to businesses to order specific products and services they want to purchase. This document is so useful on different occasions that companies have it in various formats. You will find PO forms in either electronic or printable order forms so suppliers can access it in any way. Most purchase order forms are seen and used online since most consumers fill it up through online shops. Using purchase order forms will benefit suppliers in so many ways.
One of the uses of purchase order forms is to track orders easily. There are tracking numbers in these documents to make sure that the orders are monitored well by the suppliers. Consumers can use these PO numbers to see the progress of their placed orders from the day they filled it until the delivery dates. In the suppliers’ perspectives, purchase order forms are also checklists they can use when preparing a particular order. Consumers use this document to communicate with their chosen suppliers with their desired services or products.
Believe it or not, purchase order forms are also official legal documents that protect service providers from fraudulent activities. Yes, not only consumers are victims of identity thefts and false purchasing activities, but also service providers. You encounter fraud in both online and in-person order placements, but they are more frequent in online shopping. According to Statista’s report on Online Shopping, there are over 150 million monthly users of the top-performing online shop app, Amazon. This data proves the high chances of false information from their devices while ordering items online. Particular clients can easily deny products shipped to a specific address, leading them to refuse any payments requested by the supplier. That is when suppliers can use this document as proof that the products or services delivered are all according to the PO form sent by the customers themselves. This official order form will surely help you justify your side of the story in cases like these.
Whether you need it for tracking, preparing, and documenting orders, purchase order forms will always guide you in achieving quality service to your customers.
How to Write a Purchase Order Form
Companies will always aim for a smooth and well-managed process of delivering their products and services. It is their goal to provide their consumers a quality service to gain their trust and loyalty. That is why purchase order forms are there for consumers to easily request their desired services and products. This document also helps suppliers in organizing their orders to avoid conflicts. But for you to achieve these objectives, you must understand how PO forms works in your business, as well as how to create them accurately.
Step 1. State Transaction Details Clearly
Purchase order forms are essential documents for recording and tracking orders for a more organized transaction process. Customers are the ones going to provide you the products and services they wish to avail from your business. Your job is to offer them a clean layout of the purchase orders to send as a confirmation that you have accepted their request. PO forms are official documents that customers will use as a reference to know more about the order they made. That is why you need to clearly state the transaction details such as the product descriptions, quantity, prices, and other vital elements necessary for a purchase order.
Step 2. Include Payment Methods and Shipping Process
Stating your payment methods on your purchase order forms will help your customers in preparing the right requirements for the payment process, as well as the exact amount you need for the services and products. Always remember that your PO forms will serve as an infographic for the transaction created by your clients. Including the shipping process in the order form will also guide your clients accordingly once the orders are shipped.
Step 3. Always Insert Tracking Numbers
Purchase order forms will never go without tracking numbers. This feature is one of the reasons that purchase order forms are reliable in monitoring orders. These PO numbers are useful in monitoring the shipping progress of the product orders, allowing your customers to freely follow-up and see the progress themselves. Since most PO forms are now sent through electronic devices or online apps, your consumers can easily monitor the delivering progress using the tracking numbers alone.
Step 4. Secure Orders with Terms and Conditions
Creating PO forms is also like making contracts. With the statement of your terms and conditions, your consumers will be aware of the procedures and the consequences if they won’t do their part of the order process. Stating your conditions clearly will also keep your clients assured and informed, leading them to trust your services and see you as a reliable provider. To protect both you and your consumers from any illegal activities, you need to include an area where they can affix their signature and prove that both parties agreed on the terms created.
Transaction – This action is the exchange of goods and services for monetary values agreed by both the buyer and seller.
Fraudulent – It describes deceptive and false activities leading to criminal actions.
Transparency – From a business perspective, transparency is the means of being accurate and the lack of hidden motives in projecting activities, financial auditing, and other business operations.
1. Does a purchase order form come before or after an invoice?
Purchase order forms are issued first by the consumers for the suppliers to prepare. PO forms are solely for the preparation of shipping or performing consumer’s desired products and services. The invoice comes after the delivery of services and products to request payment from the consumers. Invoice forms are partial receipts that notify clients about a completed service from the suppliers.
2. How will you process a purchase order form?
Purchase order forms are usually provided by the suppliers for consumers to fill in the products and services they wish to purchase from their business. These forms are free for consumers to fill in specific details about their orders. Consumers will then send the purchase order forms through online apps or stores for the suppliers to prepare and deliver.
From all this provided information, you should start making your purchase order forms accurately so you can deliver quality services to your consumers. If you provide them with effective purchase forms to fill in, you will have an easier job of preparing the products and services. You will also have secured legal documents to record every transaction you performed. Never take these small documents for granted, use them accordingly, and you will have a more successful business process in the future.
FREE 9+ Sample Change Order Forms in PDF DOC
FREE 11+ T-Shirt Order Form in WORD PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Restraining Order Form in Examples, Sample ...
FREE 10+ Product Order Form in Sample, Example, Format
FREE 8+ Sample Card Order Forms in Sample, Example, Format
FREE 10+ Sample Photography Order Forms PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Blank Purchase Order Forms in PDF WORD ...
Sample Staff Purchase Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
FREE 9+ Medical Order Form Samples PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Purchase Order Forms in Sample Example ...
FREE 7+ Purchase Form Samples in Sample, Example, Format
FREE 12+ Sample Purchase Order Request Forms PDF
FREE 10+ Purchase Order Request Forms in Samples, Examples ...
FREE 11+ Sample Purchase Order Forms PDF
FREE 5+ Sample Fashion Order Forms in PDF WORD